No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko says he's not fighting David Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    And how exactly would one know that Haye is so much better than the fighters Vitali beat.

Why is Haye so much better than Herbie Hide, Samuel Peter, Corrie Sanders.
    They all have been champions when Vitali fought them.

I am not saying they are better than Haye (I don't really know), but one would never be sure as Haye is RETIRED. And if he lose the fight he is done. He won't go after povetkin, pulev, tyson to prove himself.

Beating Haye doesn't bring anything, or at least doesn't bring much. Vitali is not desperate for money.
    I never mentioned money.

I think most people would put Haye above those 3 fighters. I think most fans want vitali to fight and defeat an above average HWT. Haye may be retired, but most think he's just waiting for the big money vitali fight.

If vitali wants to KO a bum and retire thats fine too.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      I just find it so hypocritical that some don't want Vitali to take this fight because he is past his best and wants to retire....yet they still give Lennox Lewis **** for doing the same thing.
      well you know the freedom/thuggery/mr fantastic crew arent exactly equal opportunity critics.

Comment

I just find it so hypocritical that some don't want Vitali to take this fight because he is past his best and wants to retire....yet they still give Lennox Lewis **** for doing the same thing.
        Lewis did the right thing and he had every right to retire as a great champion!
        If he beat Vitali in a better fashion that would rank him even higher. Their fight didn't tell me who is the better fighter.

It told me that Lennox was much more experienced fighter, that Vitali is definitely at Lennox's level and that prime Vitali (and in that fight Vitali wasn't in his prime) would be a very tough job for any fighter in the history of boxing.

Beating Vitali and beting Haye is incomparable. Vitali dominated the division together with his brother for a decade.

Comment

I find it hypocritical that some people thought it was okay for age 37 Lennox to not give Vitali the rematch he promised, but are calling faded old age 41 Vitali a coward for not fighting Haye, who has backed out of several fights with Vitali and has done nothing to deserve the fight.

Like Vitali said in today's interview in the opening post, the train is now gone, Haye missed it.

Comment

Vitali's fans are ripping into Haye for turning Vitali down, but all Vitali has told us is that he sent Haye a contract and it was refused. Vitali should have no reason to deny people the knowledge of the basic terms of that contract unless he fears those terms becoming known for some reason...

Comment

Vitali looked few fights past it for the last few fights.

Haye should beat Fury before he gets stopped like Price. Then Wlad rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                I never mentioned money.

I think most people would put Haye above those 3 fighters. I think most fans want vitali to fight and defeat an above average HWT. Haye may be retired, but most think he's just waiting for the big money vitali fight.

If vitali wants to KO a bum and retire thats fine too.
                I am not so sure in that claim (I think he might be). And there is no way to really tell unless Haye prove himself more...

Beating Tyson Fury could do so much more than beating Haye. But Vitali's legacy is sealed and people who respect him will continue to respect him and those who don't will never do regardless if he fights Haye or another 'bum' (the bum who KOed a very solid fighter in the first round in the very next fight). Haye wouldn't do even that...

Comment

David haye could have fought vitali in september of 2009 too. haye pulled out of that fight remember? vitali doesnt owe haye anything!!

Comment

Offered a fight 2 months after Chisora in Moscow.

Come on, if he's fighting again, there's only one fight people want to see...whats wrong with the usual Germany location? Retirement or Haye should be the options.
                    That's not really valid excuses on Haye's behalf is it?

There's plenty of examples of only 2 months between fights. Ali fought Norton less than two months after decisioning Bugner and Lyle after going 15 with Wepner for instance. So that's no good.

As for venue, well Vitali is making a volontary defense so surely he can decide so that's not valid either.

It's clear who doesn't want it isn't it?

Comment

If thats vitalis decision not to fight haye then im cool with it!
                      But if he comes back and fights any other not named haye then hes gonna catch a lot of **** not only from me... Fight haye or retire already so we can have one unified champion..

Comment

Working...
                      X