Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire Vs Guillermo Rigondeaux: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've said it before, Donaire always gets up for the big fights and rises to the occasion.

Darchinyan = Undefeated at the time, probably tops in the division. Flash starched him; KO and Upset of the year

Montiel = had a nice little win streak going, top 10 p4p ranking IIRC, cream of the crop at bantamweight; sparked out in 2 by Nonito

Nishioka = 8 year winning streak, lineal champ in the division; domination by Donaire

As you can see, Donaire comes through when it matters, spectacularly even. His mentality against high level opposition is rock solid and any Rigonho fanboy would be hard pressed to argue that.

The real question is how will Rigonho handle the big stage in a fight of this magnitude against an opponent like Donaire. The stakes are a lot higher in the professional ranks. How will he react to being down on the scorecards? Will he run like a chicken like in the Cordoba fight once he feels Donaire's power? Will the pressure get to him?

There's a wide gulf between the level of opposition Rigonho has faced and a top 5 p4p fighter like the Filipino Flash, so it'll be interesting to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rolph Spicer View Post
      I've said it before, Donaire always gets up for the big fights and rises to the occasion.

Darchinyan = Undefeated at the time, probably tops in the division. Flash starched him; KO and Upset of the year

Montiel = had a nice little win streak going, top 10 p4p ranking IIRC, cream of the crop at bantamweight; sparked out in 2 by Nonito

Nishioka = 8 year winning streak, lineal champ in the division; domination by Donaire

As you can see, Donaire comes through when it matters, spectacularly even. His mentality against high level opposition is rock solid and any Rigonho fanboy would be hard pressed to argue that.

The real question is how will Rigonho handle the big stage in a fight of this magnitude against an opponent like Donaire. The stakes are a lot higher in the professional ranks. How will he react to being down on the scorecards? Will he run like a chicken like in the Cordoba fight once he feels Donaire's power? Will the pressure get to him?

There's a wide gulf between the level of opposition Rigonho has faced and a top 5 p4p fighter like the Filipino Flash, so it'll be interesting to see.
      Nonito's reputation started building from the Darchinyan fight on. You're right to include Montiel in your list of Donaire's accomplishments, but Nishioka only looks good on paper. Toshiaki was 37 years old and inactive for a whole year before Nonito sent him into retirement with one final payday.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Nonito's reputation started building from the Darchinyan fight on. You're right to include Montiel in your list of Donaire's accomplishments, but Nishioka only looks good on paper. Toshiaki was 37 years old and inactive for a whole year before Nonito sent him into retirement with one final payday.
        But u cant just pin point Nishioka win & discount Nonito when Rigo hasn't accomplished anything yet! barely beating Cordoba was actually an under-accomplishment by Rigo! He's Gold medalist, he supposed to spark that kind of fighters!

Dachinyan, supposed to be a monster, then Donaire's become the monster!
        Montiel supposed to be an equal challenge, Then Donaire makes it so easy!
        Nishioka, supposed to be the Greatest Challenge, Then Donaire makes him shy to punch!

Now we have Rigo! He's supposed to be the most skilled fighter that Donaire will challenge! I'll let u place your excuses after the fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          An aggressive Nonito could play right into Rigo's hands or he could simply overwhelm him with his speed and power. This fight can so many different ways. Really am hoping for a countdown show of some kind.
          Donaire's so smart that he knows Rigo has his Best punch, his left straight hand! nOw what u think will be Donaire's strategy?

Here's what I think...... Donaire will counter Rigo's best weapon, the Straight left!

He did it with Dachinyan, Montiel & Nishioka. Donaire countered each fighters best Punches!!
          Last edited by Pacdbest; 02-27-2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Nishi did hold the lineal title and was one of the most accomplished and seasoned 122 lbers. in the division.

He was ranked #1 at 122 by many en******, but whether he deserved to be at the time he fought Donaire could be up for debate.

If Rigondeaux had fought and beaten Nishioka instead, it would've been considered Rigondeaux's best win to date, so that tells you something.

Comment

Nishi did hold the lineal title and was one of the most accomplished and seasoned 122 lbers. in the division.

He was ranked #1 at 122 by many en******, but whether he deserved to be at the time he fought Donaire could be up for debate.

If Rigondeaux had fought and beaten Nishioka instead, it would've been considered Rigondeaux's best win to date, so that tells you something.
              that's why I laugh at this rigo fans saying Donaire's overrated & has Limited skills! They got blinded by Rigo's Golds!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                But u cant just pin point Nishioka win & discount Nonito when Rigo hasn't accomplished anything yet! barely beating Cordoba was actually an under-accomplishment by Rigo! He's Gold medalist, he supposed to spark that kind of fighters!

Dachinyan, supposed to be a monster, then Donaire's become the monster!
                Montiel supposed to be an equal challenge, Then Donaire makes it so easy!
                Nishioka, supposed to be the Greatest Challenge, Then Donaire makes him shy to punch!

Now we have Rigo! He's supposed to be the most skilled fighter that Donaire will challenge! I'll let u place your excuses after the fight!
                There's no doubt at all, Donaire has the better resume. I've never tried to say any different. I don't think anyone else has, either. Nonito has fought everyone on the way up and continues to with Rigo. But if someone brings up Nishioka, I have to point out the fact that Toshiaki was 37, inactive and past his best. Are you going to argue that he wasn't? Spinks beat a faded 36 year old Ali who was possibly in the early stages of Parkinson's. Nobody gives Leon credit for that, do they?

You're right, Rigo should've looked much better against Cordoba. But as accomplished as Guillermo was as an amateur, he was still a rookie pro when he beat Ricardo. It was only his seventh professional bout. Even someone like Guillermo needs some time to develop. What was Nono doing in his seventh pro fight? I'll tell you, he beat the 7-16-2 Mark Sales by UD in eight rounds. Rigo beat a 27 year old 37-2-2 fighter who fought Volodymyr Sydorenko to a draw twice in world title fights, and held an interim title of his own. That's the difference between merely citing names and backing them up with facts.

Comment

And that's at least my point. I don't dispute you've said.

Comment

There's no doubt at all, Donaire has the better resume. I've never tried to say any different. I don't think anyone else has, either. Nonito has fought everyone on the way up and continues to with Rigo. But if someone brings up Nishioka, I have to point out the fact that Toshiaki was 37, inactive and past his best. Are you going to argue that he wasn't? Spinks beat a faded 36 year old Ali who was possibly in the early stages of Parkinson's. Nobody gives Leon credit for that, do they?

You're right, Rigo should've looked much better against Cordoba. But as accomplished as Guillermo was as an amateur, he was still a rookie pro when he beat Ricardo. It was only his seventh professional bout. Even someone like Guillermo needs some time to develop. What was Nono doing in his seventh pro fight? I'll tell you, he beat the 7-16-2 Mark Sales by UD in eight rounds. Rigo beat a 27 year old 37-2-2 fighter who fought Volodymyr Sydorenko to a draw twice in world title fights, and held an interim title of his own. That's the difference between merely citing names and backing them up with facts.
                    My point was Donaire's taking all comers. Nishioka might be inactive but he was the the one Donaire really wants for the longest time. And Nishioka has the resume & beaten young guys. Nishioka's just one of them KO victim of Donaire! And Rigo doenst have that kind of resume In his record!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                      My point was Donaire's taking all comers. Nishioka might be inactive but he was the the one Donaire really wants for the longest time. And Nishioka has the resume & beaten young guys. Nishioka's just one of them KO victim of Donaire! And Rigo doenst have that kind of resume In his record!
                      I agree, Nonito has been taking on all comers. It's great. I'll point out, though, that Rigo hasn't had the same opportunities because the top names were waiting to hit the Donaire Lottery, so they didn't want to risk it with him. If Guillermo beats Nonito, watch how many more people will line up to fight him. You won't be complaining about Rigo's resume after that. We'll see if or when the time comes.

Comment

Working...
                      X