Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be remembered as the greater fighter: Wladimir Klitschko or Riddick Bowe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    Wlad both in terms of the career and especially in terms of H2H rating.

Bowe's win against prime/near-prime Holyfiled is better than anything on Wlad's or Lennox's record but that doesn't mean he is better.

Very clear it's Wlad and not particularly close either.

In terms of skills alone Bowe is no match for Wlad.
    I don't know how you can say that. On paper both guys had different skills but had skills...how can you say, with the totally different environments they fought in that one guy had more skills?

I mean Bowe had a better chin, Vlad has straighter punches and might hit harder, Bowe has an inside game, Vlad doesn't, Bowe is stronger and more physical, Vlad is better technically, Vlad is better defensively, thats about the best I could do but they fought in radically different divisions!

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      I don't know how you can say that. On paper both guys had different skills but had skills...how can you say, with the totally different environments they fought in that one guy had more skills?

I mean Bowe had a better chin, Vlad has straighter punches and might hit harder, Bowe has an inside game, Vlad doesn't, Bowe is stronger and more physical, Vlad is better technically, Vlad is better defensively, thats about the best I could do but they fought in radically different divisions!
      Only thing that goes Bowe's way is his chin.

Wlad is much faster fighter.
      He controls distance much better.
      He has a better footwork.
      He hits harder.
      He has a better jab.
      He has a better defense.
      He has higher ring IQ.
      He is more athletic and I don't think Bowe is stronger by any means.
      He is bigger.
      He is overall better skilled fighter.

Only thing you can debate is Wlad's chin but that is based on 3 out of 62 fights. Wlad took some massive punches pretty well. Recently from Wlad and Wach.

Only debatable thing is would Bowe tried to be more aggressive and run into big right (good night) or would he be more conservative and be systematically beaten with huge UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        Only thing that goes Bowe's way is his chin.

Wlad is much faster fighter.
        He controls distance much better.
        He has a better footwork.
        He hits harder.
        He has a better jab.
        He has a better defense.
        He has higher ring IQ.
        He is more athletic and I don't think Bowe is stronger by any means.
        He is bigger.
        He is overall better skilled fighter.

Only thing you can debate is Wlad's chin but that is based on 3 out of 62 fights. Wlad took some massive punches pretty well. Recently from Wlad and Wach.

Only debatable thing is would Bowe tried to be more aggressive and run into big right (good night) or would he be more conservative and be systematically beaten with huge UD.
        Instead of debating these points which are very debatable I will say this: Vlad, after getting tutored by Stewart struggled with Sam Peter...a slow, rambling fighter who was not fit to carry Bowe's jock strap. If one took Peter gave him the ability to fight inside (like Bowe) gave him the reach of Bowe alone....how would he have done against Vlad that fight? Because he knocked Vlad down twice.

Comment

Silly question.

Obviously Wlad. Bowe is wasted potential. Had a great trilogy with Holy and that was more career defining of a sequence than anything Wlad has had.

But in terms of Career? Wlad and it's not close.

Bow would have a better chance in comparison if he had lasted longer before going nuts.

More US boxing fans will remember Bowe of course, but internationally it's wlad and not even close. Anyone with boxing knowledge should pick wlad here.

The OP is only picking him because Wlad is white but it happens to be true in this case./

Comment

Instead of debating these points which are very debatable I will say this: Vlad, after getting tutored by Stewart struggled with Sam Peter...a slow, rambling fighter who was not fit to carry Bowe's jock strap. If one took Peter gave him the ability to fight inside (like Bowe) gave him the reach of Bowe alone....how would he have done against Vlad that fight? Because he knocked Vlad down twice.
            Your problem is that you are looking for 'Wlad's weaknesses' biased on 1% of his fights. Should I say that anyone who can bang would flatter Lewis down? Not to mention that Wlad actually won that fight. Moreover if you look closer to those KDs they are either rabbit punches or wlad's discoordination.

Wlad improved a lot from first peter's fight, but even that version of wlad would come victorious against Bowe. I only need to re-watch Bowe's fights against Golota, although I watched most of them including Holyfield fights.

I don't have a shadow of doubt Wlad would win comfortably.
            I might take you more seriously if you haven't said Wlad is running (or ever was) from Holyfiled...

and to finish...
            That version of Peter from the first Wlad's fight would give a hell to version of Bowe that fought Golota. I don't even think Bowe would win. I am sure he wouldn't take him out. And he can't defend as good as Wlad. It leaves him with his chin, but I rarely hedge anything on fighter's chin alone.

Comment

Wlad without a doubt just like the poll shows.

at the people who voted Bowe.

Comment

Wladmir and anyone who picks Bowe has got some serious hate issues

Comment

and I don't really buy the story that Wlad can't fight from the inside.

He fights form the outside, takes fighters out and in the meantime doesn't receive any punishment. To fight that way if you have that result is just common sense and smart. Recently he took Thomson out from the inside.

Form the outside he's a killer. One would need to be extremely fast, granite chinned to come inside and fight wlad. Rare fighters would be able to do that. Prime Tyson would probably have the best chance of doing that.

If Bowe ever grow a pair and fought Lennox it would be obvious he's not on that level.

Comment

the klitchkos deserve respect point end

Comment

I can't really answer this question. There are too many variables that are not consistant for both men and thats a problem:

a) Bowe was a good fighter in a tough division...He was naturally talented and had a great instinct

B) Vlad will probably be considered a good/great fighter in a horrible division, he is coachable and had to learn to protect his chin.

a) Bowe fought a great fighter that defined his legacy
                      b) Vlad as dominated weak fighters that defined his legacy.

a) Bowe's career was quick, out of control and crazy
                      b) Vlad's career was planned from day one, never deviated, no risks taken, no riots, no men in parachutes, no andrew Golata nut hitting....

Going head to head? I don't care for Bowe much but he would treat Vlad like he did Gonzalez...bet on it. Vlad is even scared of today's version of Hollyfield ....

Comment

Working...
                      X