No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares to Become WBC Mandatory to Ponce De Leon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
    Really? An 122 lber magically becomes the mandatory overnight? Why not Russell Jr who was supposed to fight the winner of Ponce - Velez... Sigh the WBC. And here I thought they were pushing for the right thing this year.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

C'mon son!! We're talking about the WBC here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      And some idiots were saying that GBP doesn't match their guys tough. Ponce is a difficult matchup for Mares.
      he is, but I guess the wbc decided to throw subtlety out the window. At least name him as a voluntary defense instead of the damn mando

Comment

Oh, the WBC is full of ****. No doubt about that.

I had never heard of this rule that if a champion vacates to move up in weight he becomes the #1 challenger at the new weight.

But I did want to give credit to Mares and GBP for taking on a tough fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll
          And some idiots were saying that GBP doesn't match their guys tough. Ponce is a difficult matchup for Mares.
          No one here is complaining about the match up. My beef is with the WBC... those ****ers. Wth is Haymon? He needs to be flexing that money for Russell Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd
            Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

Really? An 122 lber magically becomes the mandatory overnight? Why not Russell Jr who was supposed to fight the winner of Ponce - Velez... Sigh the WBC. And here I thought they were pushing for the right thing this year.

C'mon son!! We're talking about the WBC here.
            Yea but they had me fooled. They looked like they were heading down the right path by attempting to order the Canelo - Lara. I'm no longer fooled tho, I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
              No one here is complaining about the match up.
              Some guy yesterday was laughing at the thought that Golden Boy puts their fighters in against anyone. He was obviously in the wrong about that.

I agree with you all about the WBC's shenanigans though. They are a ridiculous organization.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                bro... Its the wbc...
                Im not surprised a 122 fighter who hasn't fought a 122 opponnent is a 126 mandatory.
                Just like when Alexander became the #1 wbc contender the instant he left the 140 weight class.
                Khan was ranked #2 at welterweight when the last ratings were published as well.

There's a great interview with Nacho written by Montoya (I think) and he says some funny shit about Sulaiman in it

“Yes, too much,” said Beristain. “On that TV show, [TV commentator and one of the show’s judges] Dr. Morales told [Sulaiman] I was the prosecutor and he told him, ‘You are ‘Canelo’s’ godfather.’ I said, ‘Yes, he is his godfather.’ [Morales] said, ‘And aren’t you going to give him his allowance?’ I told [Morales], ‘[Sulaiman] already gave it to [Alvarez]. He almost put the belt on his waist.’ I killed [Sulaiman] with that. People were happy. They started calling the show saying, ‘Congratulations to the prosecutor because he’s telling Sulaiman the truth.’ [Sulaiman] is a delinquent and I am the first person that tells him.”

Sulaiman is a liar. Look, one day, I was at his house and he invited me and two journalists to have coffee. I got up and saw a baseball. I grabbed it and saw it had Ted Williams’ autograph in it. I don’t know much about baseball but one of the journalists told me - the journalist already passed away - Ted Williams was a baseball legend. We heard Sulaiman was coming, so I put the baseball back and sat down. The journalist told him, ‘Mr. Sulaiman, it’s a marvel that baseball you have in there.’ Sulaiman replied, ‘Yes, because it was the first one of two...I was a pitcher and it was one of the two times I pitched a perfect game. What a liar, old man. We saw the baseball and it said ‘Ted Williams,’ had his signature but my grandfather told me, ‘Never argue with a millionaire because they buy everything with the money they have.’”
                “Well, if [the networks] don’t listen to [Sulaiman], the guy punishes them,” claimed Beristain. “He doesn’t like Juan Manuel Marquez and when Oscar wanted to do the fight between Juan Manuel Marquez and Barrera, [Sulaiman] said no. We were listening to the conversation. [Sulaiman] told [Oscar], ‘No, no, that fight cannot be made.’ Oscar got mad and told him, ‘Sir, then I won’t fight for the welterweight title either. Thank you.’ [Sulaiman] then said, ‘No, no, no. Wait, Oscar, wait. Juan Manuel Marquez’s fight is authorized.’

Comment

Any chance of this being on the Mayweather undercard?

Comment

if i was the wbc president i would do the samething give my peepz favoritism

i kid i kid

Comment

he becomes the mandatory challenger? just like that? .....****ing wbc...

Comment

Working...
                      X