Which punch is the most POWERFUL?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool rjj article!

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/2/11...f-roy-jones-jr

Click the link its a pretty cool article about jones ability to punch.

Comment

george foreman once said it was the uppercut, a punch you rarely see comin.

Comment

The most powerful punch in boxing is the punch you don't see. Typically those that land during exchanges; Counter punches to be exact. Those are the most debilitating punches and can potentially alter an entire outcome of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
          So this would be for most people I apreciate someone with long arms might have a different "strongest punch" compared with a short armed fighter.

What I mean by most powerful is literally which punch produces the most force. Not nessasarily which punch is most likely to ko someone or which is most effective.

I just want to know which punch produces the most total force/power.

Im guessing for an orthadox fighter its either the right uppercut, right overhand hook, left hook, or right cross.

But which one and why?
          Both Short arm Ko artist Bazoka Limon Mike Tyson, Carlos Zarte, Roberto Pipino Cueavs Duran. Long arms Tommy Hearns Klitschkos it just doesn't matter Shorter fighters are better Hookers though

Comment

an orthodox fighter's right hook and uppercut and a southpaw's left hook and uppercut, I'm guessing

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
              I would concur the one you don't see coming. lol

After the head butt he should've seen it coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                george foreman once said it was the uppercut, a punch you rarely see comin.
                THat and you can't really roll with it either unless you want to lift your chin exposing yourself for a follow up straight or hook

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  a short "straight"

left hooks kill though because they catch opponents blind sided
                  But they're not powerful in the traditional sense

Comment

Power = mass + acceleration

Fighters have different bone structure/muscle mass and throw punches at different speed so this question cannot be answered. A short left hook can generate more power than a slow overhand right and vice versa depending on the weight of the arm/fist and the speed of the punch.

You'd have to take 100 pro boxers and ask them to throw their hardest cross, hook, uppercut, overhand, measure them and try to find out which punch on average is more powerful. My guess is there won't be a punch that will stand out from the rest.
                    Last edited by Light_Speed; 02-20-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

The Phantom Punch.

Knocks guys out with the wind it generates. Able to decapitate if it lands. Fighters are known to get fined if it is investigated and proven that they indeed threw a phantom punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X