Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's going on with Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Less than 3 months and still no opponent named?

Comment

I think he will be fighting Guerrero on May 4th and he will stay at 147 to fight the Brook-Alexander winner or maybe even Khan if Khan has not lost another fight.I doubt he goes to 154 to fight the Trout -Canelo winner. I have never heard of Mayweather talking about fighting Canelo, only Canelo talking about fighting Mayweather. If Floyd had wanted to fight Canelo he could have done so on May 4th and it would have been his biggest possible payday. I don't think he wants to fight the best young guys in a heavier weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I think he will be fighting Guerrero on May 4th and he will stay at 147 to fight the Brook-Alexander winner or maybe even Khan if Khan has not lost another fight.I doubt he goes to 154 to fight the Trout -Canelo winner. I have never heard of Mayweather talking about fighting Canelo, only Canelo talking about fighting Mayweather. If Floyd had wanted to fight Canelo he could have done so on May 4th and it would have been his biggest possible payday. I don't think he wants to fight the best young guys in a heavier weight class.
        Do you think they'll round out the May 4 card with Alexander vs Brook?...

May vs Ghost
        Canelo vs Trout
        Broner vs ? an H. Soto or J. Linares type?
        Alexander vs Brook

Pretty good card if it plays out like this.

Comment

I am surprised it is taking this long for a mega ppv event to be announced but I am expecting an announcement Tuesday or Wednesday this coming week.

Comment

Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
            Do you think they'll round out the May 4 card with Alexander vs Brook?...

May vs Ghost
            Canelo vs Trout
            Broner vs ? an H. Soto or J. Linares type?
            Alexander vs Brook

Pretty good card if it plays out like this.
            Nah, no way. We'd be very lucky to get Broner on there.

No way are we getting Alexander-Brook aswell.

No way are GBP putting 4 fights that could headline it's own card on one card.

Comment

I got a feeling the Ghost is holding out for more money , he knows Floyd hasnt got a lot of options for May 4 and Robert seems to be a switched on .

Comment

he probably went bust after all that gambling he's been so proud about

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Nah, no way. We'd be very lucky to get Broner on there.

No way are we getting Alexander-Brook aswell.

No way are GBP putting 4 fights that could headline it's own card on one card.
                  Alexander should not be headlining a card anytime soon... not after his last showing.

Comment

he announced he was fighting cotto feb 1 last year. so yeah he's running a little behind.

Comment

Seems awfully late for a fight that is supposed to be going down in a little more than 9 or 10 weeks.
                      Feels like something between Floyd's people and Golden Boy may be holding this up. Seems like by their comments they are not on the same page.
                      The Cotto fight was announced on Feb. 1st last year right before the Super Bowl and even that seemed a little late.

Comment

Working...
                      X