Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Realistic for a Few Seconds- Broner Shouldn't Move to 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody wants to rush him. He's 23. After a years time he could possibly face Rigo, Donaire, Gamboa, Russell Jr and Mikey. Hang around youngster. The best talent is behind you. I always wished Mayweather would have hung around at LW a bit longer to thumb tac the names Barrera Hamed and Morales on his wall. Its always good to get some skeletons of guys who go on to be champions. Patients will make him greater. If he goes by the fan's clock he'll be fighting at jmw next month. He'll catch some quality guys at 135 for a year or so.
    140 is loaded with excitement but less talent than the guys coming up behind them. They can sort out their business then the best will find AB.

Comment

Hes 23. No need to rush him.

Comment

Manny moved to 140 and fought the weakest opponent in the division in David Diaz,
        Fact is the Broner wouldn't do such a cowardice thing, people should be encouraging his move up and not the opposite.

Comment

He should fight 2 more times at 135 this year, than move to 140 in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
            Legacy is the key word here.
            There will be no great legacy fighting the likes of Rees.

Broner needs to have a career defining fight to become a legend.
            Thats what he claims he wants to be.

Looking at the rankings of up and coming fighters I just don't see anybody.
            Maybe Gamboa but thats it and we all know that fight won't happen with 50 cent apart of it. You know.....the 50 cent that tried to get Mayweather to leave al Haymon.

Go to 140 and fight the best out there right now.
            Broner is ready.
            age.. 23.

nuff said but i will continue regardless.

he can start a legacy by being one of the most dominant lightweigths in history, cleaning up the division and dominating the best 135 has to offer. when he naturally grows out of that division he can move on to 140, take on the best in that division and keep building on his legacy. 147 would be next, if and when his body is ready of course.

idk why ppl are pushing a 23 year old to go out of his way and handicap himself by boxing in higher divisions when hes comfortable at 135. the 140lb weightclass wont go nowhere and most of its stars are young as well. so whats the rush? vasquez-burns winner and abril would all be good names on his resume and would establish him in history at 135.

after that you can see whos at 135 and if nobody is there a move would make sense if his body is ready for it. if he moved up now the same ppl who want him at 140 asap will turn around and claim he did it to duck burns and vasquez.

Comment

so he cant fight garcia because they're freinds/have the same adviser and he cant fight anyone else because they have different promoters? Got to love boxing....

Comment

Broner vs Scamboa is the only fight at 135 that I want to see. (drug testing please)
                Burns/Vasquez winner is not a great fight to me at all. Abril vs borgee winner......no thank you.

Broner vs Scamboa 135 make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                  He weighed 150 on fight night. Not far from Pac or Mayweather.

All the good fights are at 140. Of course he should move there.
                  When someone weighs 150 at fight time and they fight a little guy at 135 there's a reason for that he lacks the confidence to fight at 140. I know how boxer think I was a boxer in the amateurs and i also trained fighters. Many fighters have sucked down in weight to fight little guys they know they can beat and to avoid a bigger guy they lack confidence in beating in the next weight class. For example Chavez Jr knows he would have never won a Paper championship at 168

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    age.. 23.

nuff said but i will continue regardless.

he can start a legacy by being one of the most dominant lightweigths in history, cleaning up the division and dominating the best 135 has to offer. when he naturally grows out of that division he can move on to 140, take on the best in that division and keep building on his legacy. 147 would be next, if and when his body is ready of course.

idk why ppl are pushing a 23 year old to go out of his way and handicap himself by boxing in higher divisions when hes comfortable at 135. the 140lb weightclass wont go nowhere and most of its stars are young as well. so whats the rush? vasquez-burns winner and abril would all be good names on his resume and would establish him in history at 135.

after that you can see whos at 135 and if nobody is there a move would make sense if his body is ready for it. if he moved up now the same ppl who want him at 140 asap will turn around and claim he did it to duck burns and vasquez.
                    I'm sorry to say but beating bums and ok fighters for years at one weight will build a legacy yes.....but it won't get you the big pay days.

You have to fight the big names brother.
                    Just ask Bernard Hopkins.

Comment

All you have to do is watch rounds 1 and 2 of that fight last night and see the bruises under his eyes after the fight to know that 140 is a very scary place for Broner.

Comment

Working...
                      X