No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Not Surprised if Mayweather Rejects Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
    After Floyd beat delahoya his guarantee money went through the roof.
    He was now commanding 20-30 million guaranteed per fight.

Now in order for goldenboy to give Mayweather that type of money....they had to match him with the biggest names in boxing. Other guys that they could sell to the public.

Those guys were.....Hatton , Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto
    You mad at Mayweather for taking the fights that made him the most money?
    You trying to tell me him fighting any of those guys was a bigger payday than fighting Pacquiao? Not to mention the massive rematches that would have followed. I don't knock anyone for going after the money but Floyd could have made huge paydays and paased them up, like retiring after Hatton because Cotto was the next in line. Or perhaps now choosing between the likes of Guerrero or Alexander instead of Martinez. Dude is careful about who he fights and when. That fascination with his "0" has kept the boxing fans from some really great fights over the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      It was. Diaz was coming off losing to Campbell and getting a SD win against Katsidis......why are you hyping Diaz as some HUGE win??? He has like 2-3 decent wins, and was coming off losing his biggest fight to Campbell. Yeah Ortiz was coming off a close draw with Peterson, but also a big win over Berto at the time. And Cotto was coming some average at best fights, but Cotto is a proven world class fighter, which is without question obviously a better win than Juan Diaz. I'm shocked you're arguing otherwise. Floyd also had to go up in weight to beat Cotto.

How is Sergio the obvious choice....when he campaigns 1-2 weight classes higher than Mayweather??? Tell Sergio to fight his own biggest fights, in his own weight class.

Again, i can't place all blame on Mayweather or Manny for that fight not happening. But it seems you blame Floyd only, as if it was all Floyd as to why it didn't happen.
      You're good at twisting my words. I've been simply trying to say that Marquez vs Diaz I was a high risk/little reward fight for Marquez at the time, because he was desperatly chasing after another crack at Pacquiao. Never once did I say his win over Diaz was a huge win. It was a huge fight though, after the fact (Fight of the Year). Ortiz has already proved he's overrated (Maidana, Peterson & Lopez). His win over Berto was good but Berto has since been exposed as over-hyped. Cotto was a good choice but we all know this Cotto is a shell of the 07-08 version Mayweather wanted no parts of. My point is that the top P4P guy shouldn't be hand picking these type of guys to fight and instead they should be fighting the top guys on deck.

I never said I strictly blame Floyd for the Pac/Mayweather fight not coming off. For the longest I was on here backing the guy. If you look at the history of that whole debacle, you see that at the end Pacquiao agreed to "take the test" and less money. Then what does Floyd do? He thows Pacquiao some outrageous lowball offer that leaves him out of the PPV revenues and other royalties. That was when I realized he didn't really want to fight Pacquiao. He basically killed any further negotiations right there.

Like I said earlier, Floyd is the best fighter in the world. I respect his skills, drawing power and that he is able to do it his way in this corrupt ass game. I respect his fighting style but not his heart. I simply think he avoids big risks and takes on easier fights in order to secure his precious "0". He seems to avoid the biggest fights that should be made and instead gives us generic next-best matchups instead. We don't need to keep going in circles about the same thing bro. We both like Floyd, but I'm actually realistic about his choice of opponents.
      Last edited by GodInFleshSuit; 02-16-2013, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
        You're good at twisting my words. I've been simply trying to say that Marquez vs Diaz I was a high risk/little reward fight for Marquez at the time, because he was desperatly chasing after another crack at Pacquiao. Never once did I say his win over Diaz was a huge win. It was a huge fight though, after the fact (Fight of the Year). Ortiz has already proved he's overrated (Maidana, Peterson & Lopez). His win over Berto was good but Berto has since been exposed as over-hyped. Cotto was a good choice but we all know this Cotto is a shell of the 07-08 version Mayweather wanted no parts of. My point is that the top P4P guy shouldn't be hand picking these type of guys to fight and instead they should be fighting the top guys on deck.

I never said I strictly blame Floyd for the Pac/Mayweather fight not coming off. For the longest I was on here backing the guy. If you look at the history of that whole debacle, you see that at the end Pacquiao agreed to "take the test" and less money. Then what does Floyd do? He thows Pacquiao some outrageous lowball offer that leaves him out of the PPV revenues and other royalties. That was when I realized he didn't really want to fight Pacquiao. He basically killed any further negotiations right there.

Like I said earlier, Floyd is the best fighter in the world. I respect his skills, drawing power and that he is able to do it his way in this corrupt ass game. I respect his fighting style but not his heart. I simply think he avoids big risks and takes on easier fights in order to secure his precious "0". He seems to avoid the biggest fights that should be made and instead gives us generic next-best matchups instead. We don't need to keep going in circles about the same thing bro. We both like Floyd, but I'm actually realistic about his choice of opponents.
        To be fair, Manny didn't agree to take less money, until after he signed to fight Marquez.

Comment

• This is good marketing. Have a Mexican star bring up another Mexican fighter to draw interest. This will make Floyd look like he's ducking Guerrero which draws interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by budfr View Post
            Listen you racist idiot, having tu blacks is called skills?? Both Devon and Floyd are cowards who only hug and run. Guerrero is a warrior. Floyd is also afraid of Martinez and Alvarez, he is afraid of Latinos. The public prefers Latinos, they fight.
            Could you tell us which latinos Floyd is avoiding? How many has he fought in his career anyway? I like Martinez, one of my favorite fighters... I think Chavez Jr is a complete loser and has been spoon fed easy fights his entire career. When he stepped up, he got his ass handed to him and then he has a single good round and thinks because of daddy's name that suddenly he is deserving of a rematch? HA! Floyd is not worried about securing his legacy, do you know why? I'll tell you... because when all of the greats are mentioned, at some point historians who are unbiased and just love the sport will say that Floyd could have beaten them or hung in with them. His name will remain no matter what.

If he wants the best legacy possible at this stage of his career he would have to move to 160 and fight Martinez. 154 would be ok, but 160 no one ... (except people like you) would be able to challenge a win like that. Now people like you would say that SM was out of his prime, had been hit to much... there will always be a detractor looking for a reason to take away from Floyd's win.. or anyone's for that matter. Give respect where respect is due.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              That's funny because when they BOTH were younger, people are really acting like Floyd at 33 was in his prime or something, it was Shane's tooth ache and vacations that kept that fight from happening in 2006.
              Floyd really wanted to fight Mosley you say? He had his chances way before 2010 when Shane was getting ready to hit 39 years old and inactive.

Mosley had just fought a couple of times that year (2006) and said I will be ready but had a planned vacation with his family. You know, like Floyd did over and over again but Floyd didn't just take a month or two off, it was more like years.

Mosley called up Floyd but Floyd said no. Mosley called out Floyd all of 2007 and said "Floyd is growing some feathers". Floyd still said no.

Mosley called out Floyd BEFORE Marquez, Floyd chose Marquez instead of a ready and willing WW named Mosley.

Mosley said Floyd is waiting for me to get older.

Prior to the fight, Floyd said "MOSLEY IS OLD ..... and I got a game plan against OLD fighters"

The proof is all there but you keep sticking to your story.
              Last edited by ADP02; 02-16-2013, 02:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
                Floyd wanted to fight Mosley and DLH back in 2006. Mosley right after he beat Vargas. Mosley said he had a toothache. I can't imagine what you would say if floyd said no to Mosley because he had a toothache

Floyd really wanted to fight Mosley you say? He had his chances way before 2010 when Shane was getting ready to hit 39 years old and inactive.

Mosley had just fought a couple of times that year (2006) and said I will be ready but had a planned vacation with his family. You know, like Floyd did over and over again but Floyd didn't just take a month or two off, it was more like years.

Mosley called up Floyd but Floyd said no. Mosley called out Floyd all of 2007 and said "Floyd is growing some feathers". Floyd still said no.

Mosley called out Floyd BEFORE Marquez, Floyd chose Marquez instead of a ready and willing WW named Mosley.

Mosley said Floyd is waiting for me to get older.

Prior to the fight, Floyd said "MOSLEY IS OLD ..... and I got a game plan against OLD fighters"

The proof is all there but you keep sticking to your story ...........
                Last edited by ADP02; 02-16-2013, 02:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                  He never jumped up 2 weight classes to fight someone. He had already been fighting at 147 when he fought Boldomir and Ortiz. De La Hoya was the biggest guy he's faced and Cotto is small for 154. Castillo was bigger than him too but he was only going up one weight class in that fight and Castillo actually made the contracted weight in like Floyd against JMM.
                  Yeah they both made the 135 limit but Castillo weighed 147 and Floyd weighed 138 on fight night for both of their matches at light weight. Marquez has always been mad that Floyd didn't give him opportunities to let him be effective. Marquez was easy work after over a year being out of the ring and weight had nothing to do with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
                    If Floyd doesn't pick Guerrero, you fight him then Mr. Marquez!
                    Exactly my thoughts when I read it .

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                      Marquez is completely right. Mayweather cant fight guys like Guerrero and Manny type fighters. He can predict them or defend himself. This is why he ducked the entire WW division when he faked his retirement in the middle of his prime. He only looks good with fighters that let him look good and dont apply pressure. Guerrero will be non stop....And how MAnny PAcquiao fights is a no brianer to avoid him at all cost. To much activity in the ring.
                      Floyd would probably stop Manny these days after that KO he suffered. With that said, Floyd is ALWAYS going to be one of the toughest match ups for Manny, it's unfortunate but true.

The Ghost will win though. He has the size, the youth, and he has more ways to fight than Manny does vs Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X