No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Not Surprised if Mayweather Rejects Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
    You trying to tell me him fighting any of those guys was a bigger payday than fighting Pacquiao? Not to mention the massive rematches that would have followed. I don't knock anyone for going after the money but Floyd could have made huge paydays and paased them up, like retiring after Hatton because Cotto was the next in line. Or perhaps now choosing between the likes of Guerrero or Alexander instead of Martinez. Dude is careful about who he fights and when. That fascination with his "0" has kept the boxing fans from some really great fights over the years.
    People who still say that Mayweather is the reason the Pac fight didn't happen must be new to this site.

Both May/Pac are to blame. Also throw in the Bob Arum and Al Haymon beef.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT
      Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip Chudd

So Marquez doesn't consider himself a risk to Floyd?

Well he said Floyd wad P4P the best and is basically saying that no pure boxer will give Floyd trouble, including himself but someone who is going to bully him and make it rough could. I don't see it though. Roughing up berto is not the sane as doing it to Floyd and I cant believe how many people are really suggesting that Floyd is ducking ghost or canelo
      he didn't say that

just because you're the best doesn't mean you can't be beaten.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN
        Quote:

Originally Posted by Camp Beast

You trying to tell me him fighting any of those guys was a bigger payday than fighting Pacquiao? Not to mention the massive rematches that would have followed. I don't knock anyone for going after the money but Floyd could have made huge paydays and paased them up, like retiring after Hatton because Cotto was the next in line. Or perhaps now choosing between the likes of Guerrero or Alexander instead of Martinez. Dude is careful about who he fights and when. That fascination with his "0" has kept the boxing fans from some really great fights over the years.

People who still say that Mayweather is the reason the Pac fight didn't happen must be new to this site.

No, Floyd is to blame. When Pacquiao's contract was about to expire, Manny sent koncz to negotiate a deal with mayweather to make the fight happen. That's when Floyd offered the 40 million deal with no ppv

50 cent even tried to step in and was going to promote pacquiao just to make the fight happen but Floyd would not budge on the no ppv deal.

you're the one that needs to get your facts straight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
          Like Floyd really wanted to fight Mosley.

Mosley had just fought. Mosley asked to delay the fight a couple of months as he had a planned vacation. What only Floyd is aloud to take a vacation?

Summary:
          - In 2006, Mosley wanted the fight to be a couple of months later than Floyd planned to fight. Now, if Floyd really wanted Mosley, he would have said "I want Mosley not no-name Baldomir. Not a big deal. We can negotiate the date and push it back a month or two."

- In 2007, Mosley asked again. Floyd said no!

- In 2008
          , Floyd disappeared.

- In 2009, Floyd said no. I want the 130-135lb Marquez instead of Mosley.

- In mid 2010, Floyd said "My game plan will take into account that Mosley is OLD now"
          l really like how you pick and choose what you want to see and hear. Mosley also said "I need to go to the dentist, my tooth is loose". They asked him flat out about fighting and he tried to put it off on cheato, then Merchant asked him if that would take away basically from the momentum of his fight, at which point he started talking about his tooth. You don't like Floyd, we get it, but no matter what, he's still the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post

They were both to blame for years. Then when Floyd offered Pac that $40 million flat rate w/ no PPV revenue & royalties, FLOYD basically killed that fight right there!

Comment

• Ego's killed the fight they both would have rather won at the bargaining table than in the ring. Bith claim it would be a easy win no one wanted to give in.

Comment

• Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                Ego's killed the fight they both would have rather won at the bargaining table than in the ring. Bith claim it would be a easy win no one wanted to give in.
                manny wanted more money for the boxing lesson he would have gotten and he knew it. His fans knew it and so did/does Marquez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thaibox View Post
                  l really like how you pick and choose what you want to see and hear. Mosley also said "I need to go to the dentist, my tooth is loose". They asked him flat out about fighting and he tried to put it off on cheato, then Merchant asked him if that would take away basically from the momentum of his fight, at which point he started talking about his tooth. You don't like Floyd, we get it, but no matter what, he's still the best.

Pick and chose?

There are video clips of Mosley stating from 2006 to 2010 that he wanted to fight Floyd. Mosley had already fought twice that year in 2006. You are the one picking a minute moment in time when Mosley had a PLANNED vacation that involved his kids. When Mosley stated about his tooth it was minutes after a fight with Vargas. Later, Mosley said, my tooth was fine but I still had a planned vacation.

There are also video clips of Floyd saying he didn't want to fight Mosley. Even his trainer would say, "at some point in time we will fight Mosley but not now". So don't come back to me and say that Floyd wanted this and Mosley didn't. It was the other way around.

From 2006 until 2010, there were more times when Mosley wanted the fight than Floyd.
                  There are video clips of:
                  - Floyd said, "I don't want to fight Mosley"
                  - Mosley said "I want to fight Floyd" every year from 2006 to 2010

- Mosley saying "Floyd must be waiting for me to get old"
                  - Floyd said, "My fight plan will take into consideration that Mosley is old"
                  Last edited by ADP02; 02-17-2013, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• does it really matter who's fault it is?

All we know is that Floyd doesn't want to fight Pac... let's move on

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

Pick and chose?

There are video clips of Mosley stating from 2006 to 2010 that he wanted to fight Floyd. Mosley had already fought twice that year in 2006. You are the one picking a minute moment in time when Mosley had a PLANNED vacation that involved his kids. When Mosley stated about his tooth it was minutes after a fight with Vargas. Later, Mosley said, my tooth was fine but I still had a planned vacation.

There are also video clips of Floyd saying he didn't want to fight Mosley. Even his trainer would say, "at some point in time we will fight Mosley but not now". So don't come back to me and say that Floyd wanted this and Mosley didn't. It was the other way around.

From 2006 until 2010, there were more times when Mosley wanted the fight than Floyd.
                      There are video clips of:
                      - Floyd said, "I don't want to fight Mosley"
                      - Mosley said "I want to fight Floyd" every year from 2006 to 2010

- Mosley saying "Floyd must be waiting for me to get old"
                      - Floyd said, "My fight plan will take into consideration that Mosley is old"
                      I posted a video that showed Floyd calling him out, among others, the same video Mosley tried to pawn Floyd off on fighting cheato instead while his tooth healed. If the truth bothers you that much, then don't debate with me.

Comment

Working...
                      X