No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner really sounds like complete jerk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    You completely missed the point. I could care less about Broner or Mayweather, I'm just pointing out WHY people don't like him which is natural, their right and nothing to do with being like HS females.

So people aren't allowed to have an opinion of others because of the way they act as long as they are a great athlete?

Fact is, Oscar made tons more money that Floyd simply because of his image. Floyd could have been on that level if he would have been smarter in the way he marketed himself.

Now he's done great for himself obviously and he's one of the ATG fighters but he could have done much better and he knows that because he's said it many times.

People don't like arrogance, it's just the way it is. Has nothing to do with being a "hater". We know your good, you don't need to remind us every 5 seconds.
    oscar made tons of money because of the demographics he bought into play. nothing more nothing less. floyd and oscar are not the same type of fighter, so no, floyd would never have been able to achieve what oscar did. saying so is silly. floyd did it his way and it worked for him, if he did it oscars way, it owuldnt have, they arent the same type of fighter and they dont have the same demographics. its that simple. look at andre ward if u want an example. hes perceived as being an all american good guy, but how much does he sell? it has little to do with his personality and everything to do with his demographics and his fighting style.
    Last edited by Kagami Taiga; 02-15-2013, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      were not playing lawyer the comment was about Mexicans-not hispanics. as such, the equivalent is American, not black. one can be hispanic and not mexican. one can be black and not american.
      Yea ok....there was nothing wrong with what he said.

Comment

You completely missed the point. I could care less about Broner or Mayweather, I'm just pointing out WHY people don't like him which is natural, their right and nothing to do with being like HS females.

So people aren't allowed to have an opinion of others because of the way they act as long as they are a great athlete?

Fact is, Oscar made tons more money that Floyd simply because of his image. Floyd could have been on that level if he would have been smarter in the way he marketed himself.

Now he's done great for himself obviously and he's one of the ATG fighters but he could have done much better and he knows that because he's said it many times.

People don't like arrogance, it's just the way it is. Has nothing to do with being a "hater". We know your good, you don't need to remind us every 5 seconds.
        I don't think Mayweather could have been as succesful as he is now if he tried to go down the route Oscar did.

Mayweather doesn't have the female audience Oscar had nor does he have a "fan-friendly" style like he did either.

Let's not forget he tried to go down that route being the "Good guy" and it wasn't working, frankly.

Mayweather's key to success is the fact that everyone wants to see him lose because they can't stand his arrogance. Add in the fact that he has this unbeatable persona where one of the main questions in Boxing is "Who can beat Mayweather?". He needed to be a villianous character for it to work.

If or when Mayweather loses, he loses all of his marketability at the exact same time.

Comment

Yea ok....there was nothing wrong with what he said.
          I didn't say that. You had every right to be offended. But issues of nationality are not the same as issues of race.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I don't think Mayweather could have been as succesful as he is now if he tried to go down the route Oscar did.

Mayweather doesn't have the female audience Oscar had nor does he have a "fan-friendly" style like he did either.

Let's not forget he tried to go down that route being the "Good guy" and it wasn't working, frankly.

Mayweather's key to success is the fact that everyone wants to see him lose because they can't stand his arrogance. Add in the fact that he has this unbeatable persona where one of the main questions in Boxing is "Who can beat Mayweather?". He needed to be a villianous character for it to work.

If or when Mayweather loses, he loses all of his marketability at the exact same time.
            I don't think he loses all of his marketability but the numbers will drop significantly, maybe 25-35%.

Comment

Gavin Rees is going to get the **** beat out of him. He can win all of the battles he wants to. Come Saturday night, you fake ass self righteous bastards who want Broner dead will be disappointed so go **** yourselves.

Comment

It amazes me how people let antics meant to sell fights get them so emotionally hateful towards a fighter. It's like you idiots can't see you're being played into doing/thinking EXACTLY what the person you supposedly hate wants you to do. And that's why talk on this board and most other boxing circles has been DOMINATED by the words "Adrien Broner"

I am sure he's basically saying "keep it up"

How about recognizing promotions for what it is and just basing your opinion of a fighter based on what he does in the ring? That's what I do, and that's why I love Broner. Don't see how any fan of the sport CAN'T like Broner based on what he does in the ring.
                Last edited by mconstantine; 02-15-2013, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Floyd was going to sell regardless. You clowns call it an act. All he is doing is talking **** on 24/7. Any exposure a fighter gets helps any popular boxer who can fight. Especially a fighter like Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                    Floyd was going to sell regardless. You clowns call it an act. All he is doing is talking **** on 24/7. Any exposure a fighter gets helps any popular boxer who can fight. Especially a fighter like Floyd.
                    I do agree that you need some sort of personality to be a draw. Andre Ward is boring as **** to me, I watch his fights just for the love of the sport, but dude is boring.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
                      It amazes me how people let antics meant to sell fights get them so emotionally hateful towards a fighter. It's like you idiots can't see you're being played into doing/thinking EXACTLY what the person you supposedly hate wants you to do. And that's why talk on this board and most other boxing circles has been DOMINATED by the words "Adrien Broner"

I am sure he's basically saying "keep it up"

How about recognizing promotions for what it is and just basing your opinion of a fighter based on what he does in the ring? That's what I do, and that's why I love Broner. Don't see how any fan of the sport CAN'T like Broner based on what he does in the ring.
                      Exactly, this should only be expected of casual fans NOT hardcore boxing fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X