Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse vs. Adrien Broner: who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too close to call for me right now. If Broner keeps his usual style, it's gonna be difficult for him to beat Matthysse in the pocket. Explosive fight while it lasts.

Comment

Mathiese..and I m waiting...

Comment

If I would have voted yesterday, I would have picked Broner by Decision. After tonights fight though I see Broner does have some defensive flaws that can get exploited. Matthysse is not a guy you want to take punches from.

Right now I pick Matthysse to win under 12 rounds. I am on the edge on this though because Broner may have just had an off night.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
          I actually bumped the thread from a few days ago, so the poll doesn't reflect tonights performance. But to add Broner may be a level above....but he's a weight class below, and also many feel Matthysse won those fights.
          He won the fights but they were close, Broner is a special talent, Alexander and Judah especially at this stage are not.

Broner can do 140 easily, he weighed 150 tonight. I really like Lucas but Broner would be the favourite for sure.

Comment

Broner isn't going to stand toe-to-toe with someone like Matthysse or Rios.He'd be circling, working his jab, countering with the left hook, and popping the right hand. It's a close call, basically because I don't know if Broner will carry his big power to 140 yet.

Comment

i could'nt decide before tonight but now im convinced mathysse and rios beat broner at 140...

Comment

I would have to see Broner at the weight first..But if he carries his power up with him,I see him beating Matt's..He'd have to use more movement then I've seen from him tho..

Comment

From what I've seen, I think he'd have to improve his defense if he were to have a chance with Matthysee.

If he tries to walk him down and stand toe to toe from round 1, he's going to get hurt.

Comment

This fight is almost dead even. But I said almost. Broner vs. Matthysse would be a fight of the year type of fight imo. It would make Broner really open up because Matthysse won't wither like his past opponents. Broner won't necessarily have an huge size advantage and in the power department he'll be up against a guy who can get him out of there with a quickness. It'll force Broner to show us some areas of his game we've yet to see because so far he's walked through almost everybody. But this is a guy who probably won't back down.

I got Matthysse in this one. But like someone else said, I'd like to see Broner at the weight first. Actually I'd prefer to see Broner vs. Garcia first then that'll let me know what he could do at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Broner isn't going to stand toe-to-toe with someone like Matthysse or Rios.He'd be circling, working his jab, countering with the left hook, and popping the right hand. It's a close call, basically because I don't know if Broner will carry his big power to 140 yet.
                      Broner's footwork is pretty basic 4C. Maybe his defense could bamboozle Mattysse but I don't think his power would bother LM at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X