Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd hadn't ducked Paul Williams, what would have been the result?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

williams was far too skinny!! mayweather could have snapped him in half.

Comment

Floyd would have easily won.

Comment

PWill by SD.

115-113

Comment

Williams style wise is a nightmare for Floyd and Floyd knew it.

Comment

Oh look another thread full of floyd haters what else is new.

Comment

I picked Floyd by UD only cause there was no SD option i think Williams would give Floyd some trouble and his work rate would win some rounds but Williams defense sucked and Floyd would catch him with that check hook every Williams dropped his right like when Martinez knocked him down I dont think Floyd has the power to KO Williams but Floyd is too good to not capitalize on Williams more than questionable defense

Comment

Paul was not chinnyas corralles whom was weight drained. Plus the shoulder roll doesn't work too well for a guy who is 4 to 6 inches taller.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                  Paul was not chinnyas corralles whom was weight drained. Plus the shoulder roll doesn't work too well for a guy who is 4 to 6 inches taller.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  You are the 2nd person to mention Corrales being weight drained yet this same Corrales fellow fought between 130-132 4 more times after the PBF fight. Something is not adding up!!!

Comment

This is an awful matchup for Floyd in every imaginable way. If Paul came into the fight jabbing well and often and didn't get discouraged by his inability to land clean solid shots, I'd give the punisher a good shot at taking the decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      Floyd hopes that all his feinting, shoulder rolls, counters and pot shots would eventually slow down the opponent and then Floyd would start winning the rounds. Williams never gave anyone respect except for Cintron in the first 2 rounds (it was the game plan) but then got fed up and started doing his thing. Again, if Williams didn't give Martinez respect then forget about Floyd.

Look, if Sergio Martinez can get hit so easily by Williams I can't see Floyd being that much harder. The difference is that Martinez can punch!

The difference between Floyd's opponents and Williams is that those other fighters were nowhere close to Williams workrate, height, reach ..... Example, Judah who initially had average workrate stopped punching in the 2nd half. Judah has also faded in other fights. Williams work rate didn't stop for 12 rounds.
                      Work rate don't win fights. Lara has an extremely low workrate and he was ripping Paul with what ever he wanted.

The only argument people are bringing up in favor of P Dub is size, workrate and chin. That's a pretty basic arsenal for a world class professional fighter and is not enough to beat ATG caliber fighters such as Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X