Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd hadn't ducked Paul Williams, what would have been the result?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
    Ok Floyd, I see the point.
    Not just Floyd. Pacquiao beats him too.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
      He towers over you but he bends down and extends himself when he throws his punches making him easy to hit. Despite his height and reach, he did not fight tall and work behind his jab.
      Floyd doesnt have the power to back him of. Its not just the counter its the power behind it and the willingness to jump in the hot zone. Its why mayorga could walk through vernon forrest but a young shane (even though shane was the better fighter) could not. Floyds already going to have a problem because of the height ( hes not going to get full pull on that right hand) add that with the fact floyds not willing to get dirty to cave his skull in like martinez and its gonna be a long night for floyd. Will have to agree to disagree because this is just one of those fights I just cant see floyd winning with his usual tactics.
      Last edited by Shogunofharlem1; 02-13-2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Paul Williams gets KO'd because he has no defense. And Quickly. Floyd will only fight him inside and destroy him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rambov View Post
          Paul Williams gets KO'd because he has no defense. And Quickly. Floyd will only fight him inside and destroy him.
          Pay the man, Shirley!

Comment

Work rate don't win fights. Lara has an extremely low workrate and he was ripping Paul with what ever he wanted.

The only argument people are bringing up in favor of P Dub is size, workrate and chin. That's a pretty basic arsenal for a world class professional fighter and is not enough to beat ATG caliber fighters such as Mayweather and Pacquiao.
            Again. That fihgt happened, right after he got KO'd by Lara. Before the fight, people were assuming he'd be shot to ****s. As he was.

You also seem to think a slick lefty, with major pop, and a great right hook/ left cross is the same as Floyd.

Not to mention Lara is a full fledged 154 lb. fighter.

You could've came with a better example than this.

Comment

• 37 for Floyd
              44 for PWill

Interesting split

Comment

• Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
                Floyd doesnt have the power to back him of. Its not just the counter its the power behind it and the willingness to jump in the hot zone. Its why mayorga could walk through vernon forrest but a young shane (even though shane was the better fighter) could not. Floyds already going to have a problem because of the height ( hes not going to get full pull on that right hand) add that with the fact floyds not willing to get dirty to cave his skull in like martinez and its gonna be a long night for floyd. Will have to agree to disagree because this is just one of those fights I just cant see floyd winning with his usual tactics.
                EXACTLY. Stop with this "P-Will had too many flaws" BS. The main factor in all this is, you had to get down and dirty with him. Not only that. Sergio Martinez hit him with some viscious shots in their first fight, and he kept coming forward, and landing his own brutal shots, and winning most of the rounds.

What in the blue hell is Floyd's little ass going to do? Seriously, stop and think for a minute. I'm weighing out all the advantages for Floyd, and all the advantages for P-Will. In terms of who would be more able to impose their will, it's not even close. A 6'2 pressure fighter with a 78' reach, or a 5'7 counter puncher with a 72' reach. Don't give me that BS about Paul not using his reach. Even when he was mainly a pressure fighter, he'd pressure you with his REACH.

It's like everyone picking Floyd is ONLY looking at Floyd's positives, and making it seem like he's definitely fighting Paul like he would Corralles or Hatton. Then overly diminishing Paul's skills. It's laughable at best, that you could possibly think Floyd holds more advantages in this fight.

You know. Floyd is a human being. Maybe for once in his life, there's a guy out there, that's just a very bad style match up for him??? Ya ever think about that??? No one's saying P-Will skill for skill is a better fighter than Floyd. We're saying he is a stylistic nightmare for Floyd.

Maaaannnn.....

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                  Ok Floyd, I see the point.
                  Don't bother debating PBP. He literally responds back with all of Floyd's positives (as if we don't know how Floyd fights), and assumes he's going to be the same Floyd that fought old ass Oscar/Hatton/Corrales. Yeah, there's no way he's going to be thrown off his game, when he realizes a 6'2 pressure fighter with an iron chin, and will to win, with a 78' reach isn't going to stop coming forward.

Nope. Floyd will fight him just like he did Shambra Mitchell, Zab Judah, Baldomir, JMM.

Yep. Floyd wins a wide UD. Easy work. Floyd is the greatest.

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                    Again. That fihgt happened, right after he got KO'd by Lara. Before the fight, people were assuming he'd be shot to ****s. As he was.

You also seem to think a slick lefty, with major pop, and a great right hook/ left cross is the same as Floyd.

Not to mention Lara is a full fledged 154 lb. fighter.

You could've came with a better example than this.
                    The example is work rate =/= winning fights. That's a perfect example of the point I was trying to make. I'm not comparing Floyd to Lara. He outworked Quintana and was ouboxed too.

Comment

The example is work rate =/= winning fights. That's a perfect example of the point I was trying to make. I'm not comparing Floyd to Lara. He outworked Quintana and was ouboxed too.
                      First off, he was shot as hell in that fight. Don't even try and tell me he wasn't. I'm not a P-Will fan boy, just calling it, how I saw it.

2nd, Lara southpaw stance and right hook gave him trouble. Not to mention his willingness to stand in the line of fire. He also has crazy pop to keep a guy like P-Will off of him.

Lara is a JMW. He's built to go with a guy like P-Will. Floyd isn't.

Again, P-Will KO'd him in the sequel. Fihgters have off nights. Plus Quintana is a southpaw. The angles at which P-Will are coming from, are more exploitable to a southpaw than a righty.

This isn't about Lara or Quintana. This is about Floyd. Floyd isn't mentally built like them any how. He's a play it safe, American boxer.

You can say what you want about how Paul did against Quintana/Lara/Sergio (all lefties), but you also assume Floyd can deal with Paul's style, and do those things you said he'd do, at a consistent enough basis, without getting tagged at a higher clip, and by a much harder puncher. Not to mention, Floyd @ 147, is by no means a world beater. 147 is garbage right now. Why do you think he ducked the division when it was hot. So he wouldn't have to fight guys like P-Will and the likes.

Don't confuse Floyd for this guy with Ali's mentality. There's a reason why he's never faced guys that aren't built like P-Will. He knows, and most un biased fans know he'd have serious trouble with them.

And to your whole work rate point. Watch P-Will vs. Sergio. Sergio was tagging him all night long, and P-Will still kept coming while throwing a **** ton of punches. If Sergio and his powerful counter shots couldn't stop P-Will, what in the HELL is Floyd going to do to him? What occasionally pot shot him, while Paul has a grin on his face, and continues to light him up???
                      Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-13-2013, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X