Comments Thread For: Donaire: I'll Be Ready For Whatever Rigondeaux Brings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ223
    Wonder if they're shaking hands after the fight
    They will. There's really no beef between these two except those rumors about the hotel thing... Just two competitive rivals in the same division.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I'm hoping this fight gets done with no hiccups. Too many recent fights have been cancelled. Froch/Kessler and this are the highlights of the year so far. I don't expect it to be a toe-to-toe war but it should be a very good fight in a tactical sense. I'm curious to see how Rigo handles Donaire's power but let's not forget Rigo has some serious juice in his punches too. Especially those body shots he throws and Nonito has never had the best physique.

Comment

P4P KING Nonito Donaire is gonna KO this bum

OH WAIT,,,,I Forgot:

when Rig gets hit he runs,,his talk is S###, if he fights he will be on his back kickin like a shicken

Comment

If Donaire hurts Rigo and doesn't end it with a bang expect a boring fight.

Comment

Rigo has about as much a chance of winning this fight as a bag of chips has of surviving around a fat hungry chick.

Comment

Reading some of these posts, I'm amazed at how many people think this is going to be a one-sided drubbing. I've seen Donaire look great, and I've seen him look simply okay. The same can be said for Rigo, although admittedly against lesser opposition. The point is, I don't think either of these guys are going to "destroy" the other. This will be a competitive fight. This isn't Tyson-Spinks revisited, regardless of who you think ought to be playing the role of Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
                Reading some of these posts, I'm amazed at how many people think this is going to be a one-sided drubbing. I've seen Donaire look great, and I've seen him look simply okay. The same can be said for Rigo, although admittedly against lesser opposition. The point is, I don't think either of these guys are going to "destroy" the other. This will be a competitive fight. This isn't Tyson-Spinks revisited, regardless of who you think ought to be playing the role of Tyson.
                You got the PMs?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

What's interesting about this is guys HAVE been able to avoid Donate anddefend again him and make him look bad and start winging shots..but Rigo is the only guy Donaire has fought who will be hitting Donaire in those situations. These other guys didnt have the ability or speed to counter Donaire. Donaire seems lost at times trying to find openings when he's given none..Rigo makes his offense of doing it. This is when we'll find out if Donaire is as good as we think. Rigo is stlistically the most interesting matchup style wise from here til 126, maybe the next class up. Nobody really fights like these two.

Ps..Phone message.. Excuse the random mistakes
                  Last edited by NearHypnos; 02-12-2013, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    I agree, Donaire's going to miss a lot. But something will land, probably more than once. The question is, what then?
                    Exactly, I think that question will be answered pretty early in the fight. Rigo can take rounds no doubt, but he's smaller than Donaire, and after seeing Marroquin catch him being lax with those two left hooks it has to make you wonder. Donaire's boxing ability is maybe a little overrated, but his punching power is certainly not.

Comment

Originally posted by APBrooklyn View Post
                      Donaire has never fought anyone this technically skilled - Rigondeaux's power lies in his accuracy of those straight shots to the sweet part of the chin....Rigondeaux's chin does get me slightly doubtful but i still think that he will be so focused in there that he upsets Donaire. Hopefully this happens @ Barclays or maybe MSG's theater. Very excited for this...
                      when Rigo throw that straight right, which punch he's open to? Yes right !!! Rigo will be open to Donaire's Lethal left hook!! It will be like Darchinyan again!!

Then if Rigo survives the 1st left hook, then this fight could be a borefest! Rigo will run to survive!!

Comment

Working...
                      X