Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff Mayweather: Mayweather-Pacquiao in Dubai, Guerrero wants $4 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess is Guerrero thinks he has some type of leverage because its a Cinco de Mayo fight and there really is no other Mexican opponent for Floyd.
    Mayweather won't fight Canelo right now and it doesn't look like a Marquez rematch is in the cards for May.
    Maybe Guerrero's people are bluffing and will end up getting more than the 2.5 million or they already shot themselves in the foot and Haymon has moved on.
    Just wish they would announce something soon.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      I thought he doesn't give them a split and gives them a set price. I thought that was the whole deal going in with Cotto
      It was my understanding that in the Pac situation, he was offering Pac $40mil while keeping all the proceeds from the fight. This is why he said he isnt going to share any ppv revenue with Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks
        Quote:

Originally Posted by PBP

Put it this way. If Guerrero don't accept the $2.5 Alexander will.

It's a very strong coincidence that Floyd was going to be attending Alexander vs. Brook live and that Alexander pulled out of the fight this week.

Floyd-Guerrerro will sell. Floyd-Alexander wont.

If they give Alexander 2.5 million and Floyd puts in at least 10+ million to promote the fight than it wouldn't surprise me if he loses money with this farce
        Exactly where I was trying to get at.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Werent yall idiot fl0mos saying canelo was the one holding things up?
          Yall muthafckers sum dumbazzes.Yall believe in anything to defend floyd

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
            Exactly where I was trying to get at.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            and u both are fools if u think hed lose money in a fight promotion. even against alexander. the guy does i million ppvs everytime he fights and vene if he did half of those, hed get money. theres no possible way he'd lose money when its just that easy for him

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Why do people act like Jeff is totally normal? HE was saying people were trying to kill him not long ago in some bizarre paranoid interview.

All things in life are relative.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                i know jeff is his uncle and all, but would he seriously know what's going on with floyd? i honestly don't think he does. i wouldn't take anyone's word on what's happening with floyd and his career unless it's coming from floyd himself, or ellerbe. that said, mayweather/pacquiao isn't happening. if it is, for some stupid reason, it'll be in the US. i also doubt guerrero is asking for that much. that's just ridiculous.
                I dont think hes super close with them and all but at the same time Jeff is the type where if he didnt know the answer he would just say he doesnt know much about it. Hes a straight shooter and he doesnt talk nonsense like the others do.

Comment

If Guerrero is asking for $4 million, I'm cool with that. It's better to start high and then come down, than to start off low and then be brought down even lower.

Plus this is Floyd PPV, it's gonna sell, might as well try to get paid, Guerrero might never see those high digits again.

Comment

Originally posted by Foolkiller View Post
                    Floyd is smart enough to know that his numbers depend on fighting a fighter of Hispanic descent on Cinco de Mayo weekend! If he picks Devon, Canelo better fight a monster or the event bombs by PBF standards. Who knows maybe he goes for Canelo in May. If so throw Devon in against Robert as an appetizer;-)

mayweather vs mosley was on cinco de mayo weekend and did just fine

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                      If Guerrero is asking for $4 million, I'm cool with that. It's better to start high and then come down, than to start off low and then be brought down even lower.

Plus this is Floyd PPV, it's gonna sell, might as well try to get paid, Guerrero might never see those high digits again.
                      This

As for jeff mayweather and just how credible he is...the same guy that said Soto was Pac's April tune-up with the utmost confidence (although bscene confirmed Soto-Alvarez at that particular point) and Marquez was fighting Jesse Vargas.

Comment

Working...
                      X