At 147 who do you want Floyd to fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    So now 'relevance' is the criterion :S

I don't much care for a Clottey fight either, Pacquiao or Bradley were my picks (at 147) but Clottey is a stronger opponent than either Alexander or Guerrero.

Over 75% think Clottey beats Alexander and Guerrero

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=584325
    that argument holds no weight and anyone with a brain knows why.

Comment

• Saying that SOME people disliked Guerrero is not an argument for an Alexander fight. What a stupid argument.

I liked a Guerrero fight. He earnt it. Was there a massive outcry over a Floyd-Guerrero fight? No, not at all. Some people complained, but those ppl complain about anything. It was a good tune-up fight, and would be exciting. There was at least a little chance Guerrero could pull it off. I'd argue most people would be fine with the fight.

Now with this Alexander fight, nearly everyone is slamming it, apart from the devoted few. Alexander has no chance whatsoever. The WBC will eventually sanction it, but its bad for the sport. Nearly everyone thinks hes lost 3 of his last 5 fights - you think thats acceptable for the P4P best?

Comment

• Originally posted by Burner © View Post
        So only two top rank fighters at 147. And so it continues,the only people hed get credit for beating are promoted by Arum.

Hes not big enough to exclusively campaign at 154 you people know that.
        So its fair to say Floyd is not the best at 154 currently, and he should be stripped of his title there? The RING has him currently at no.1 there.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
          Saying that SOME people disliked Guerrero is not an argument for an Alexander fight. What a stupid argument.

I liked a Guerrero fight. He earnt it. Was there a massive outcry over a Floyd-Guerrero fight? No, not at all. Some people complained, but those ppl complain about anything. It was a good tune-up fight, and would be exciting. There was at least a little chance Guerrero could pull it off. I'd argue most people would be fine with the fight.

Now with this Alexander fight, nearly everyone is slamming it, apart from the devoted few. Alexander has no chance whatsoever. The WBC will eventually sanction it, but its bad for the sport. Nearly everyone thinks hes lost 3 of his last 5 fights - you think thats acceptable for the P4P best?
          Now while I usually agree with you, I disagree on Devon. Sure he arguably lost 2 of his last 5 fights, however those were not against chumps. It's imperative to understand that. He's been in there with some of the stiffest comp. Now I believe he'll be an even better welterweight than he was jr welterweight.

Both these guys are young, (the Ghost & Alexander). Floyd fights usually once a year, he's almost 36 & hasn't fought since the 1st half of 2012. It's not inconceivable that a young hungry fighter (with Alexander's experience) can catch him & beat him at this stage of the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Now while I usually agree with you, I disagree on Devon. Sure he arguably lost 2 of his last 5 fights, however those were not against chumps. It's imperative to understand that. He's been in there with some of the stiffest comp. Now I believe he'll be an even better welterweight than he was jr welterweight.

Both these guys are young, (the Ghost & Alexander). Floyd fights usually once a year, he's almost 36 & hasn't fought since the 1st half of 2012. It's not inconceivable that a young hungry fighter (with Alexander's experience) can catch him & beat him at this stage of the sport.
            Its okay buddy, we don't have to agree on everything

Whilst I respect your view on Alexander, I'm not totally sold on him at Welterweight. Had he beaten Brook, maybe i'd agree. Whereas Guerrero has cemented himself as a Welterweight. In the public's eyes, and possibly most on here, Guerrero has a much better chance of winning, and therefore is a better challenge for Floyd. It makes it worse, knowing Guerrero was the natural opponent for him, being Floyd mandatory, he's currently hot at Welterweight and is a multi-division champion. On top of that, a 24/7 series on Guerrero would catch the publics hearts and minds - knowing his struggle with his wifes cancer. I just can't see any argument for Alexander over Guerrero

Comment

Its okay buddy, we don't have to agree on everything

Whilst I respect your view on Alexander, I'm not totally sold on him at Welterweight. Had he beaten Brook, maybe i'd agree. Whereas Guerrero has cemented himself as a Welterweight. In the public's eyes, and possibly most on here, Guerrero has a much better chance of winning, and therefore is a better challenge for Floyd. It makes it worse, knowing Guerrero was the natural opponent for him, being Floyd mandatory, he's currently hot at Welterweight and is a multi-division champion. On top of that, a 24/7 series on Guerrero would catch the publics hearts and minds - knowing his struggle with his wifes cancer. I just can't see any argument for Alexander over Guerrero
              But I never argued for Alexander over the Ghost. All I'm saying is Devon isn't that damn bad.

In fact right now, there is no reasonable argument to have him lower than Marquez or Pacman as a Floyd opponent.

Comment

• I just want him to fight someone decent in May and then finally (been saying this for 100 years it feels like) face Pacquiao in Sept after Pac beats up a tune up at some point in the Spring.

I don't really want to see him at 154 - he doesn't look right there

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  But I never argued for Alexander over the Ghost. All I'm saying is Devon isn't that damn bad.

In fact right now, there is no reasonable argument to have him lower than Marquez or Pacman as a Floyd opponent.
                  Fair enough, i'm just not too sold on Alexander's welterweight run thats all.

Floyd-Trout would be good...

Comment

• Pacquiao. Pacman has the style to beat Mayweather and looked great in his last fight prior to the knockout.

Comment

Fair enough, i'm just not too sold on Alexander's welterweight run thats all.

Floyd-Trout would be good...
                      people kept mentioning trout......floyd ain't fighting at 154 unless there's some money up there(cotto/dlh/canelo all money fights).....trout is good but he should fight canelo to make a case.....even he knows that....thats why you don't really hear him calling out floyd. do people really think floyd would go out of his comfort zone for less money?
                      Last edited by jaestix1; 02-08-2013, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X