Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Alexander To Floyd: Pick Guerrero To Keep Your '0'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read an interview where Freddy Roach said Guerrero wants 4 million but Floyd is only willing to pay 2.5, Im with Floyd the Ghost aint worth a dime more so Floyd moved on. I had a feeling this would happen. The Ghost is tryna cash in because he knows that this will be his last big pay day, If he wanted more he should've clean out the division then fought Floyd cause Floyd just KO'd a dude that beat Berto, "BIG DEAL"

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
      It does not really matter to me who Floyd fights, as long as it is someone legitimate in the top 5 of the JMW or WW weight class, which I am sure it will be. Floyd is not getting any younger and with his jail time, Roger too ill to train him, etc....no one can be sure how he will look in his next fight. Granted someone who has his ability and has been training since he was basically 3-4 years old, I would assume nothing much has changed. But I do not want to be overconfident, even though I think Floyd beats anyone at WW and basically anyone at JMW, with the exception of being maybe Trout/Canelo. We shall see soon enough so. What people need to understand though is, it was not just speed and reflexes that made Floyd unbeatable, it is his skillset, mental state and ability to adjust and enforce his will. That is why even though he is slowing down he can still be a force. Fighters like RJJ, Sergio and Pac who mainly rely on reflexes and speed/angles are the ones who become punching bags when they slow down. Floyd is more like a Bhop or Toney and does not take punishment much.
      I highly doubt it will be anybody at jmw let's be real I don't think he wants any top contender at 154 somebody like Kirkland he's too big maybe Canelo cause he dosen't like you said have Floyd's skillset I'm go an say he gonna stay at ww even back in 07 when he beat Oscar I think this was the only time he went back when he fought cotto he don't want any part of them top fighters at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
        I just read an interview where Freddy Roach said Guerrero wants 4 million but Floyd is only willing to pay 2.5, Im with Floyd the Ghost aint worth a dime more so Floyd moved on. I had a feeling this would happen. The Ghost is tryna cash in because he knows that this will be his last big pay day, If he wanted more he should've clean out the division then fought Floyd cause Floyd just KO'd a dude that beat Berto, "BIG DEAL"
        I disagree, why would Guerrero make 2.5 million just like Ortiz did when he is a 4 division champ(2 div. champ if you count world champ not interim) and Ortiz was just a 1 time champ with no defenses of his title. Guerrero beat Aydin(Mayweather's mandatory at that time) and Berto who has been the gate keeper for the Mayweather sweepstakes in the past. Guerrero makes Mayweather more money than B1tch a$$ Alexander due to it being a Mexican holiday, so why is punk a$$ Mayweather B1tching. Also, Alexander quit against Bradley claiming he couldn't see when the cut was on the top of his five-head! Alexander is a boring fighter, don't most of you remember the Bailey fight! I think Mayweather also viewed Guerrero as a tougher opponent than Alexander due to the way he man handled the steroid user Berto! Fuk Mayweather-Alexander!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
          Floyd doesnt want to pay him more than 2.5 because this isnt a big money fight. Guerrero is not known to the casual fanbase and not even the diehards are excited for this matchup. Floyd is use to his $25mil minimum purses. Not gonna happen for a fight like this.

Comment

Nice ploy by Alexander's trainer trying to convince Floyd to pick Alexander. Floyd/Alexander fight will lead to a VERY boring fight based on their styles. Floyd/Guerrero will generate alot more. Plus alexander should be 22-3, he lost the fights to Kotelnyk and Mathysse. He's not ready for the big time

Comment

I know this has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but you know how fights go to draws, and it sucks right? it sucks for everyone involved, why don't they just go into an overtime round, just one more 3 min round, or even 2 min if 3 min is too much, winner on that round wins it all

im sure someone along the line must have thought of that, why isn't it implemented by the big wigs? it would make the sport better in my opinion

Comment

Mayweather vs Guerrero Alvarez vs Trout featuring Angulo/Kirkland II Sounds great but we wont get it

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                  Floyd doesnt want to pay him more than 2.5 because this isnt a big money fight. Guerrero is not known to the casual fanbase and not even the diehards are excited for this matchup. Floyd is use to his $25mil minimum purses. Not gonna happen for a fight like this.
                  Do you think a Mayweather-Alexander fight is a bigger money fight than Mayweather-Guerrero? Hell no! Do you also think Alexander is more known than Guerrero to the casual fans? Hell no! Also, hardcore boxing fans appreciate Mayweather-Guerrero more than Alexander (who will make the fight extremely boring such as most of his past fights). Having two Mexicans in the main & co-main event on Cinco De Mayo weekend would produce the type of money that Mayweather is accustomed to making when he fights. Also, Mexicans don't like black vs black fights because their styles don't produce the type of action they love and are accustomed to seeing in Mexico. Mayweather vs Alexander = ZZZZZZZZZ!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGLEX View Post
                    Do you think a Mayweather-Alexander fight is a bigger money fight than Mayweather-Guerrero? Hell no! Do you also think Alexander is more known than Guerrero to the casual fans? Hell no! Also, hardcore boxing fans appreciate Mayweather-Guerrero more than Alexander (who will make the fight extremely boring such as most of his past fights). Having two Mexicans in the main & co-main event on Cinco De Mayo weekend would produce the type of money that Mayweather is accustomed to making when he fights. Also, Mexicans don't like black vs black fights because their styles don't produce the type of action they love and are accustomed to seeing in Mexico. Mayweather vs Alexander = ZZZZZZZZZ!
                    Floyd vs Alexander would do even less. All I was stating was that neither fight is a big money fight for either opponent to be requesting $4mil

Comment

Originally posted by BIGLEX View Post

I would strongly disagree that Guerrero is more known by the common fan. Devon has been fighting on HBO a lot longer than Robert and he has also been in a mega unification fight.

Now I think the Mexican angle helps a lot, but if either guy is known by the casual fans I feel it would be Alexander.

Comment

Working...
                      X