Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instead of hating who Floyd "wants" to fight, take it to the source.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    ok. so then just watch FNF and shobox. there are options available. no one says you have to watch crap fights. but its clear HBO is putting profit/ratings ahead of competition.
    True, but I'm like an abused wife. I'll keep going back to them, regardless of how badly they've abused my emotions.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Guerrero is a cherrypick, Devon doesn't deserve it, Marquez was in the "best shape of his life" against Pacquiao and "Pacquiao fought the better version", but a May-Marquez rematch is out of the question, Pacquiao just got KTFO and fights with Soto and Rios are looking like super fights for him at this point of his career, so who's left?

The only fighters left out there for Floyd to get credit are at 154-160. Canelo, Trout, Martinez. Again, high ass standards.

Soto, Rios, Marquez[Lightweights and JWW's at 147].

Canelo, Trout, Martinez[The best fighter 1-2 weight classes above him].

Floyd "High Standard" Mayweather.
      Are you suggesting he's a paper champion at 154?

Comment

• Floyd Mayweather always takes the path of least resistance. It's disappointing.

Comment

i'm only explaining the model. its not an acceptance of the model nor a justification. but, in general, I prefer that fighters get paid the maximum and not just the promoters. Perhaps as fans we should care where the bulk of our money goes?

of course I want to see the best fights. as for sticking up for boxers, if thats what you think fine. Im simply saying what other 35/36 yr old boxer has taken challenge over money? None of them have, so why now is it such a problem?

now as to your other post-you are essentially saying other than manny there is no ww floyd can fight. ok. so that goes back to my point about "competitive" or "good".
          i dont need the model explaining. at the end of the day, floyd can pick and choose who he wants to fight. the money doesnt interest me at this level, they are getting paid more than me! its not like they are not getting paid.

its a problem because this is a guy who claims he is the best of all times, but hasnt fought the best for the last few years!!! so what if he is 35/36? still rated the number 1 fighter in the world. if he is too old then he should retire.

yeah pretty much, there isnt any guys there that make me think, yeah, id really like to see him fight mayweather. mayweather can fight at 154, there is 2 guys there he could fight. if he can fight cotto there then he shouldnt have a problem fighting any other 154lb fighter.

it is what it is anyway, i have given up on mayweather fighting somebody that really makes you want to watch that. last guy was mosley!

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
            True, but I'm like an abused wife. I'll keep going back to them, regardless of how badly they've abused my emotions.
            me too and ive been doing it far longer than most here on NSB.

Part of what is great about boxing is that what you get in the ring can totally eclipse what was supposed to happen on paper.

Imagine if we had the standards discussed inn this thread forever. we as fans would have never seen a TYson-douglas or holyfield tyson or a pavlik BHop, or srl/hagler because on paper they were seen as not "competitive" or "good".

Now is boxing better because these and other "mismatches" on paper happened in the ring? I say yes.
            Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-07-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
              i dont need the model explaining. at the end of the day, floyd can pick and choose who he wants to fight. the money doesnt interest me at this level, they are getting paid more than me! its not like they are not getting paid.

its a problem because this is a guy who claims he is the best of all times, but hasnt fought the best for the last few years!!! so what if he is 35/36? still rated the number 1 fighter in the world. if he is too old then he should retire.

yeah pretty much, there isnt any guys there that make me think, yeah, id really like to see him fight mayweather. mayweather can fight at 154, there is 2 guys there he could fight. if he can fight cotto there then he shouldnt have a problem fighting any other 154lb fighter.

it is what it is anyway, i have given up on mayweather fighting somebody that really makes you want to watch that. last guy was mosley!
              well respectfully, if you didn't want to watch floyd cotto that says something about you, not the quality of the fight.

so if there isn't anyone you want to see him fight that doesn't mean the fight isn't good or competitive.
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-07-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

me too and ive been doing it far longer than most here on NSB.

Part of what is great about boxing is that what you get in the ring can totally ecllipse what was supposed to happen on paper.

Imagine if we had the standards discussed inn this thread forever. we as fans would have never seen a TYson-douglas or holyfield tyson or a pavlik BHop, or srl/hagler because on paper they were seen as not "competitive" or "good".

Now is boxing better because these and other "mismatches" on paper happened in the ring? I say yes.
                Yeah, but Alexander stands NO chance. Floyd doesn't have a drug/partying/drinking/concentration/dedication problem. i see absolutely no plausible way Alexander wins, UNLESS Floyd ages over night.

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                  Yeah, but Alexander stands NO chance. Floyd doesn't have a drug/partying/drinking/concentration/dedication problem. i see absolutely no plausible way Alexander wins, UNLESS Floyd ages over night.
                  i agree with you I think floyd wins easily. I just hope devon isn't the opponent.

Floyd doesn't have a drug/partying/drinking/concentration/dedication problem. which is part of the reason he will always be favored unless the opponent is much larger.

Comment

well respectfully, if you didn't want to watch floyd cotto that says something about you, not the quality of the fight.

so if there isn't anyone you want to see him fight that doesn't mean the fight isn't good or competitive.
                    i wanted to watch floyd cotto in 2008 pal.

put it this way, if its not martinez, trout or pacquiao, i will have little to no interest in the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                      i wanted to watch floyd cotto in 2008 pal.

put it this way, if its not martinez, trout or pacquiao, i will have little to no interest in the fight.
                      well we know it wont be either of these 3.

You criticized me as a fan yet you have written off every fight for floyd in the division he's in accept against a fighter who is medically suspended until April, that lost his last 2 ww fights, one by brutal KO, to fighters moving up from lower weights.

Comment

Working...
                      X