Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instead of hating who Floyd "wants" to fight, take it to the source.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    ok you've insulted me. now can you answer the question.

what is a good fight for floyd? who is worth paying to watch?
    You asked a rhetorical question. One in which I responded to.

Lara/Canleo/Trout.

You'll come back with, "Lara/Trout are unknown". So are Guerrero and Alexander.

You asked what fights are WORTH paying to watch. Those are fights that are WORTH my money.

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
      You asked a rhetorical question. One in which I responded to.

Lara/Canleo/Trout.

You'll come back with, "Lara/Trout are unknown". So are Guerrero and Alexander.

You asked what fights are WORTH paying to watch. Those are fights that are WORTH my money.
      those aren't rhetorical. what is a good fight for floyd? who is worth paying to watch?

you postedthe statements so I'm asking what do you feel are those fights.

Comment

those aren't rhetorical. what is a good fight for floyd? who is worth paying to watch?

you postedthe statements so I'm asking what do you feel are those fights.
        The manner in which you phrased it, was a rhetorical question.

Are you dense? I just posted the fights that are WORTH my money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burner © View Post
          So Im curious who do you guys feel are the best fights for him to take. What fighters and what weight.
          Bradley would be a good choice, probably the best choice at welterweight, but he's Top Rank.

Guerrero would be fine. Marquez as well, despite the first fight. Pac may have just gotten knocked out, but he's far and away a better fighter than Guerrero or Bradley. Marquez and Pac are Top Rank though.

I'd love to see him fight any of the non fan friendly fighters at 154 if he still wants to fight there, Trout, Molina, and Lara. I don't care if he'd dominate them, they are more legit opponents than Guerrero or Alexander.

Once you trim that down to guys he could actually fight in May, that's down to Guerrero, Alexander, and Alvarez, who I absolutely do not want to get a Mayweather fight. So give me Guerrero, I have no problem there.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Bradley would be a good choice, probably the best choice at welterweight, but he's Top Rank.

Guerrero would be fine. Marquez as well, despite the first fight. Pac may have just gotten knocked out, but he's far and away a better fighter than Guerrero or Bradley. Marquez and Pac are Top Rank though.

I'd love to see him fight any of the non fan friendly fighters at 154 if he still wants to fight there, Trout, Molina, and Lara. I don't care if he'd dominate them, they are more legit opponents than Guerrero or Alexander.

Once you trim that down to guys he could actually fight in May, that's down to Guerrero, Alexander, and Alvarez, who I absolutely do not want to get a Mayweather fight. So give me Guerrero, I have no problem there.
            Ok, I know you didn't actually say it, but you insinuated it. Explain to me how Floyd "dominates" Lara. That's the 1 fight at 154, besides Trout, Floyd doesn't even want, within a 500 feet radius.

And no. Once you trim it down. Every boxer @ 147/154 is an option. He chooses who he wants to fight.

Comment

• If Floyd came out one day and said, "Okay, who wants to challenge me, state your case, and we can negotiate." There would be a list this long with fighters,

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................etc.
              Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-07-2013, 12:31 PM.

Comment

fair points. but define a good fight vs a bad fight?

IS floyd devon a bad fight on paper. probably. what is a good fight-only one where you think foyd can lose?
                no dunn! i really dont care if mayweather wins or loses! its about seeing the best fighting the best. its about wanting to see good competitive fights. mayweather is the best, so i expect him to fight guys where you can say, yeah, thats gonna be a good fight.

its as simple as that dunn.

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                  The manner in which you phrased it, was a rhetorical question.

Are you dense? I just posted the fights that are WORTH my money.
                  ok. trout/lara are good fights. but I stand by the same things I said to bushbaby. Canelo fits the model of the fights floyd moves up to 154 to take-big live gate and huge potential ppv sales.

so if canelo is being saved for Sept, floyd isn't going to fight out of the ww division and I cant see why he would be expected to.

Comment

• Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                    It's true and I agree with just about everything you said, but we also need to put some blame on the major network that help perpetuate this and that's HBO.

Unfortunately HBO is still backing this fool to continue his quest for duck hunting.
                    yeah, i agree with that. HBO will approve almost anything and that needs to be changed. the best way to do that is not to buy the PPV's and then they have to start giving us fights we actually want. im sick of this playground crap with certain promoters not doing business with other promoters etc etc. its just not good for the sport.

Comment

ok. trout/lara are good fights. but I stand by the same things I said to bushbaby. Canelo fits the model of the fights floyd moves up to 154 to take-big live gate and huge potential ppv sales.

so if canelo is being saved for Sept, floyd isn't going to fight out of the ww division and I cant see why he would be expected to.
                      Fair enough. That is a Floyd move, so what can you do?

Comment

Working...
                      X