Which HBO commentator do you dislike most

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lampey followed by Steward.

Lampey has serious nuthugging issues.

Steward would say one thing at first and completely change it in the following rounds with finally saying that's how he thought it would end.

Both shit imo.
    Last edited by Mr. Fantastic; 02-05-2013, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Lampley is the play-by-play guy so when he is saying 'big punch landed' or whatever it is usually just him announcing what he sees, I'm sure you guys can forgive him if he isn't 100% accurate when announcing the action, it's hard to tell if punches landed in real time.

Comment

Overall, I haven't been a fan of HBO's biased towards fighters...Pacman for instance...

I find Roy Jones Jr., Tarver and Lennox Lewis to be my favorites..interesting that they are boxers...

They actually speak a bit of what is really going on in a fighter's head...Jones Jr does that a lot..Lewis really does get into the fights as does Jones a bit...

Al Bernstein is another one I am cool with

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
          Lampley is the play-by-play guy so when he is saying 'big punch landed' or whatever it is usually just him announcing what he sees, I'm sure you guys can forgive him if he isn't 100% accurate when announcing the action, it's hard to tell if punches landed in real time.
          Yeah my biggest gripe with Lampley is that he would inject his enthusiasm (which is good), but in the wrong spots...I don't know how many times Floyd Jr landed clean counters and avoided shots from Ortiz only for Lampley to yell how Ortiz is landing clean and getting to him and not giving credit for Floyd's blows...that's just an example..

RIP Steward...but my issue with him was that he never seemed to stick to one thought of how he thought a fight was going...he would adjust his opinions and predictions based on what's actually happening and usually results in him being right and the fight going as he thought it would...

Merchant...well..he just waits for an opportunity to make a quirky analogy...which I think is kind of catchy in its own way...however he never struck me as liking many black fighters....or fighters who don't bomb away...he seems to have less patience for paced fighting

Comment

Lampley then Kellerman... Lampley is like YES to HBO while Kellerman is a nuthugger...

Comment

1. jim lampley 2. max kellerman ...

Comment

Jim Lampley I can't stand..Ledderman is alright but he can be just as ******...Max use to be my favorite,but he has become Water down(compared to what he use to be)and not as trust worthy...I always liked Stewart(although I believe he was scared to talk against Lampley)...My Fav's are Al Bernstein,Roy Jones Lewis(although he is a bit boring he knows his stuff)and Merchant..I use to love Foreman and Merchant...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  Comparing Huey P. Newton to the K.K.K and stating that there is no difference is the single most offensive thing that I've seen this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
                    Comparing Huey P. Newton to the K.K.K and stating that there is no difference is the single most offensive thing that I've seen this year.
                    Actually, when you have an indepth look at things.

It's VERY true.

Comment

i like em all ..

showtime's jim grey and steve farhood can get annoying at times but they are great at post fight interviews...

Comment

Working...
                      X