No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner attempts to bench press 235 lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    huh??? A pound is a pound man, it's like 2600 calories or something regardless of where those calories come from. If you do extended cardio (run 10 miles a day) for instance, you are going to lose a ton of muscle. If you do high intensity interval training HIIT, you are going to lose a ton of fat and little muscle. Look at the difference between sprinters and marathon runners, sprinters are lean and muscular while marathon runners are skin and bones.

Operating below your target heart rate burns more fat (say 70% fat and 30% carbs) while operating over your target heart rate burns less fat (say 70% carbs and 30% fat).
    For once your sorry ass is on to something.

Comment

Originally posted by .Boxeo. View Post
      if my friend acted like that around me Ill call em out for acting like a fag.
      Just goes to show your immaturity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
        I am not an expert, I got a lot of info from Arnold schwarzeneggers encyclopedia of body building and im going to take his word for it. He seems like he knows what he is talking about.
        Are you saying it's arnold and not you?

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
          You gotta admit, there's always those guys who are gonna be complete dickriding twats in these boxer's posses. And the cameraman is one of them.
          I think it sounds worse when you don't like the guy. Broner is funny. Nothing wrong with laughing at his antics.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
            Not bad, but not all that impressive.

I hardly think he trains for 1 rep bench maxing so considering he probably puts very little effort into weightlifting I would say it's pretty good.

I weigh 185 and bench 275 but it took me about a solid year of dedicated chest workouts to get there.

Also, Broner has the same problem I do when it comes to bench max. He has very long arms for his weight, which means he has to bring the weight down further and push it up further.

Most guys who can put up a ton of weight on the bench are short, squat guys with relatively short arms.
            Absolutely, the vast majority of good benchers have t-rex arms. It's a huge benefit.

235 for a boxer, especially one who weighs 140-150 with long arms, is perfectly fine. My 'contest weight' would be 160, but I bulk up to about 195 (only because I hold the weight well and get the full look instead of the fat look) and press the 130 dumbbell's for 5-6...but bodybuilding and power-lifting are what I've been doing since I was 16. I stay away from flat bench as I believe it is the #1 shoulder killer.

Comment

I am not an expert, I got a lot of info from Arnold schwarzeneggers encyclopedia of body building and im going to take his word for it. He seems like he knows what he is talking about.
              http://scoobysworkshop.com/does-cardio-burn-muscle/

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                Absolutely, the vast majority of good benchers have t-rex arms. It's a huge benefit.

235 for a boxer, especially one who weighs 140-150 with long arms, is perfectly fine. My 'contest weight' would be 160, but I bulk up to about 195 (only because I hold the weight well and get the full look instead of the fat look) and press the 130 dumbbell's for 5-6...but bodybuilding and power-lifting are what I've been doing since I was 16. I stay away from flat bench as I believe it is the #1 shoulder killer.

second place to contact sports...

i have not benched in probably six years. maybe a bit less. both of my shoulders started going south before i began to lift weights, though, in my teens.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                  Are you saying it's arnold and not you?
                  Yeah im just quoting Arnold. How are you going to go against the Terminator!

Comment

Malnutrition burn muscle mass.

Comment

Yeah im just quoting Arnold. How are you going to go against the Terminator!
                      No way in hell can I red K him.

Comment

Working...
                      X