No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner attempts to bench press 235 lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
    A myth is turning fat to muscle. For every pound you lose 60% is muscle. You lose weight doing cardio. Thats a fact.
    huh??? A pound is a pound man, it's like 2600 calories or something regardless of where those calories come from. If you do extended cardio (run 10 miles a day) for instance, you are going to lose a ton of muscle. If you do high intensity interval training HIIT, you are going to lose a ton of fat and little muscle. Look at the difference between sprinters and marathon runners, sprinters are lean and muscular while marathon runners are skin and bones.

Operating below your target heart rate burns more fat (say 70% fat and 30% carbs) while operating over your target heart rate burns less fat (say 70% carbs and 30% fat).

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
      For every pound you lose 60% is muscle. You lose weight doing cardio. Thats a fact.
      You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Cardio does not burn muscle mass, crash diets and bad nutrition burn muscle mass. Cardio can actually help increases circulation and the increased nutrient flow by the muscle helps the muscles rebuild faster.

Cardio burning muscle is a silly myth.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Someone at 160 benching 235 is not bat at all.

However, he didn't do it. He got it to the sticking point and the rep was spotted.

Not bad, but not all that impressive.

I hardly think he trains for 1 rep bench maxing so considering he probably puts very little effort into weightlifting I would say it's pretty good.

I weigh 185 and bench 275 but it took me about a solid year of dedicated chest workouts to get there.

Also, Broner has the same problem I do when it comes to bench max. He has very long arms for his weight, which means he has to bring the weight down further and push it up further.

Most guys who can put up a ton of weight on the bench are short, squat guys with relatively short arms.

Comment

It's okay considering he's not a weight lifter, Darchinyan when he was fighting at 112 could reportedly bench around 240+, Mosley could bench around 350, Haye could bench around 350, I heard a prime Rahman could bench 500lbs!

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
            You clearly don't kn w what you are talking about.

Cardio does not burn muscle mass, crash diets and bad nutrition burn muscle mass. Cardio can actually help increases circulation and the increased nutrient flow by the muscle helps the muscles rebuild faster.

Cardio burning muscle is a silly myth.
            I am not an expert, I got a lot of info from Arnold schwarzeneggers encyclopedia of body building and im going to take his word for it. He seems like he knows what he is talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post

I dont know **** about weightlifting so gonna need some clarity here, is that good for Broner's weight?
              I've tried bench pressing high weights while punching heavy bags and that doesn't mix well you ever do one and lay off the other the only way you can do both is if your on roids. Maybe Mayweather has given the number to his dealer. Just my experience in dealing with heavy lifting and punching heavy bags shoulders will hurt to much when you do both.

Comment

If he did indeed bench 235, that is superb for a guy his size. Lifting close to 100 lbs more than your walking around weight is something that you're supposed to be able to do-supposedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  It's okay considering he's not a weight lifter, Darchinyan when he was fighting at 112 could reportedly bench around 240+, Mosley could bench around 350, Haye could bench around 350, I heard a prime Rahman could bench 500lbs!
                  Mosley was on the( Clear ) ie Roids when he did this

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    I've tried bench pressing high weights while punching heavy bags and that doesn't mix well you ever do one and lay off the other the only way you can do both is if your on roids. Maybe Mayweather has given the number to his dealer. Just my experience in dealing with heavy lifting and punching heavy bags shoulders will hurt to much when you do both.
                    If anything Pac and Marquez attempted to give Broner their contact for PEDS.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      Indeed. These myths are truly fantastic.

You don't lose weight doing cardio either, you burn calories....unless it takes you to a caloric deficit, you are not losing weight. If I'm at a caloric surplus of say, 500, and burn 300 calories doing cardio, I'm still gaining weight even while doing cardio.

Really don't know where people get some of this ****.
                      That's correct and if I may add, a cardio actually increases muscle mass on a particular muscle group affected by the exercise.

Comment

Working...
                      X