No announcement yet.

Quillin gives more excuses not to fight Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
    How are you so sure Quillin would get the shot first??? Quillin would make his case stronger (both would) if he fought Golovkin then he would by fighting opponents ranked outside the top 10..... Sergio is coming to the end of the line.... If he really wanted to face him he should try to do it as soon as possible

Quillin doesn't/didn't want Bute Pirog or Golovkin.... Its in his DNA not just because of Golovkin
    He has more backers, you don't need to convince me that Quillin need to fight Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      On your first reply to one of my post " Something about quillin fans are getting ripped" lol,
      no I didn't and I clarified that on page 19

Comment

• dont really see what people see in quillin guy is a club ****er, dont see any pontenial in him. first step up he is getting koed. would be a tune up for tripple g or more so a waste of his time.

Comment

• Damn.... ya'll still arguing

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            As a fan of both....it's because Golovkin would brutalize Quillin.

Quillin would be the "boxer" in this fight, and as he can box, I can't imagine him being able to keep Golovkin off of him. Golovkin cuts the ring better than anyone in the game right now.
            Learn the sport before making idiotic statements like this. For one Quillin is not a pure boxer, he's a boxer/puncher. Example " I am not comparing him to the great HEARNS' but hearns was a boxer whom can punch and **** if he had to put your lights out or make you respect him. Once again "Quillin is not comparable to Hearns" Just Glovokin is overrated. False again Glovokin does not cut the ring off better than Mares. Did you not see the Mares vs Aselemo, and by the way Aselemo is a world class fighter. It's easy for Glovokin to cut the ring off vs the likes of Rosado, Ouma, Lujan, Proska etc.... Heck Chavez Jr, Rios, cut the ring off just as good as anybody. Thats about the only thing Rios and Chavez Jr does great considering their lack of skill set. Now from watching both Quillin and Glovokin there power is about the same to me, the difference is that Quillin has faster hands. Try to argue that, than your just a peon too GGG and not a student to the sport or study the sport of boxing. Now GGG has more thudding power vs Quillin's snapping/ shocking power. Now both of their last fights Quillin fought a top 5 true middleweight whom he downed 4-5 times, while GGG while he busted up Rosado's face, GGG's face "both eyes" didn't look great either, but yet he couldn't put the lights out of a guy who wasn't a true middleweight with no amateur experience, 5 loses, and KO by Angulo. What makes it worse is the Rosado was a bloody mess and couldn't see out one eye for the last 3 rounds, yet Glovokin couldn't get the KO. Both Glovokin and Quilin has flaws, neither one is unbeatable, but they both seems to be the biggest punchers in the division out of the top 5-10 middle weights.
            Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 01-26-2013, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Quillin is underrated as a fighter on NSB. He's a solid fighter with real power. Like I said in posts prior, I think Kid Chocolate vs GGG is a 50/50 fight. Potential FOTY. And I've been a big fan of Quillin over the years.

But I don't like his attitude recently. He's another one of these fighters who hasn't accomplished much of anything who thinks he's entitled to the "big fights". What happened to the guys who are willing to fight anyone to prove they are the best? What happened to wanting to unify the division?

I guess that's why GGG has a lot of fans. Not only because he's fun to watch but his willingness to fight anyone. Unfortunately, we just don't see that often anymore. For every Golovkin, there are 20 Quillin's and Canelo's.

What's worse is the amount of fans who defend this kind of behavior. The best are supposed to fight the best, period. That's what all fans should want. But nope, not on NSB. Now it's about building up your brand, how many backers you have, etc. It's crazy talk. This is Peter damn Quillin vs Golovkin we're talking about here, this isn't Floyd vs Pacquiao.
              Last edited by ИATAS; 01-26-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Quillin is underrated as a fighter on NSB. He's a solid fighter with real power. Like I said in posts prior, I think Kid Chocolate vs GGG is a 50/50 fight. Potential FOTY. And I've been a big fan of Quillin over the years.

But I don't like his attitude recently. He's another one of these fighters who hasn't accomplished much of anything who thinks he's entitled to the "big fights". What happened to the guys who are willing to fight anyone to prove they are the best? What happened to wanting to unify the division?

I guess that's why GGG has a lot of fans. Not only because he's fun to watch but his willingness to fight anyone. Unfortunately, we just don't see that often anymore. For every Golovkin, there are 20 Quillin's and Canelo's.

What's worse is the amount of fans who defend this kind of behavior. The best are supposed to fight the best, period. That's what all fans should want. But nope, not on NSB. Now it's about building up your brand, how many backers you have, etc. It's crazy talk.
                That's not the mentality a lot of fighters have when they're in with the big promoters.... they feel they're entitled to big fights just because they're in there with somebody who can make them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  Quillin is underrated as a fighter on NSB. He's a solid fighter with real power. Like I said in posts prior, I think Kid Chocolate vs GGG is a 50/50 fight. Potential FOTY. And I've been a big fan of Quillin over the years.

What's worse is the amount of fans who defend this kind of behavior. The best are supposed to fight the best, period. That's what all fans should want. But nope, not on NSB. Now it's about building up your brand, how many backers you have, etc. It's crazy talk. This is Peter damn Quillin vs Golovkin we're talking about here, this isn't Floyd vs Pacquiao.
                  Excellent post, can't argue with this at all

Comment

• Originally posted by King- View Post
                    This. Lol. What the hell is wrong with boxingscene and what's going on with boxing on some parts of the globe?

You can cross Quillin off my list of fighters-to-watch. To the guy who said he had no problem with him building his brand. HE'S HAD 28 FIGHTS... this is why I could care less about golden boy and hell top ranks: creating the illusion that their fighters are all world class, just because....

Building my brand.... BRB 28 fights, 29 years old..... Still gonna continue to fight Marco Antonio Rubios, and Peter Manfredo Jrs....until enough people have sae me dominate C class competition and My sneaky "handlers" pull enough strings to land a "big fight"

A win versus Golovkin could send Quillan into STARDOM. These two guys will not fight, not even at the end of the year. Trust me Quillan, nor his handlers.... Want absolutely anything to do with Golovkin. I could see Quillan finish off the year with a super fight with Darren Barker or so, however.
                    Either all fighters agree to each other, or all fighters try to build their name value up and do what's best for themselves. You're right, the quickest way for them to build themselves is to fight one another, but most fighters don't like the risk:reward ratio. So, they'll go the route of fighting contenders. Chavez did it and it eventually got him a shot at THE guy. Quillin's resume is so weak that Rubio would indeed be a step-up. It's a guy that he'll most likely beat the hell up and get something nice to show on the highlight reel. My opinion of Quillin will change for the worse if he doesn't fight someone in his tier this year. Like you said, he's in his prime years now, he shouldn't waste them on guys who won't force him to improve his game.

Comment

• Originally posted by wizard king View Post
                      dont really see what people see in quillin guy is a club ****er, dont see any pontenial in him. first step up he is getting koed. would be a tune up for tripple g or more so a waste of his time.
                      i somewhat agree. there is nothing special about Quillin save his punching power, and even that is overstated.

Comment

Working...
                      X