No announcement yet.

Quillin gives more excuses not to fight Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
    I wasn't referring to u as a quillin fan that's why I typed it above ur quoted post...........

the rest was directed at u...nobody aside from maybe max kellerman thinks ggg is the most avoided fighter in the world

u however claim he brings little to the table...like the other posters have said he has a title and he's had hbo exposure, I wouldn't call that nothing

u call refer to him as "all hype", well obviously ure not paying attention to the way he fights...he's more technically sound than any mw right now and probably the strongest puncher as well. it's plain to see if u know how to watch boxing...don't take this personally I just think it is
    Yes he is all hype at the moment, You guys pay too much attention to the way he fights, Yes he is a ****er but he isnt the only boxer in the situation that he is in at the moment, My point been no one is scared of him, this is just the way boxing works, Everyone on here didnt even know who GGG was 2 fights ago yet everyone at MW is ducking him because he is scary, Scary based on what? the way he fights? Is resume? Nah, Yes i dont mind anyone fight him from Martinez to Pirog to Quillin to sturm to geale to Mundine but because they have other targets does not mean they are avoiding GGG, GGG would get his chance if he keep on going the way he is by fighting on HBO and getting more exposure not by boxingscene hype.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
      Where was I? I was posting about in threads, like I am doing this one. What is your point?

Everyone in boxing wants to see PQ and GG square off too, it would be a fantastic brutal fight. Again, what is your point?

Why rage about Hatton ducking yet excuse PQ? Both are shameless, but at least Ricky was a huge draw and went on to fight monster PPV events against Pac and Floyd. Where is your Boxing Economics Class on that?
      You were no where that where you were, where were you pointing out that yes hatton should indeed fight his domestic rival in the UK like most boxing UK fans wanted? But you now want to spring up and call PQ a duck because he said he has higher name/fighters that he wanted to target, Please i understand the way boxing works and i know unless GGG brings something to the table then PQ would not fight him, You guys can cry all you want but GGG would get his chance when he has done more not by boxingscene hype.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
        Actually, I never said Ricky didn't duck like the plaque. I know he did. Just like Quillin is doing now.
        i don't recall saying you did. but i did point out that the economic factor was a part of Ray's reasoning all along.

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
        It's just funny how someone who raged about another fighter's ducking is now giving us Boxing Economics 101. Afterall, what did Ricky's ducking get him? Just Las Vegas PPVs against Mayweather and Pacquiao. I'm sure Ray, BoxingScene.com's great Economist, will now admit Hatton was right to duck Witter like the plaque considering where it got him.
        well, Hatton and Witter really could have made excellent money together. Hatton still had no interest in the fight when it remained feasible in the months after he was knocked out by Mayweather. his fans called for the fight, Witter was a very viable opponent as WBC champion coming off his career-best win and would've either sought a waiver or vacated to fight Hatton, the fight was the next biggest earner for Hatton after Floyd (Pacquiao was no certain future foe at this point, he was only just about to jump up to lightweight).

perhaps Ray is just overestimating mr. Quillin's present status, though.

but again i wonder, does mr. Quillin have a deal tying him to Showtime similar to Golovkin's deal that ties him to HBO, a la Mayweather-Tszyu?
        Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 01-26-2013, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Yes he is all hype at the moment, You guys pay too much attention to the way he fights, Yes he is a ****er but he isnt the only boxer in the situation that he is in at the moment, My point been no one is scared of him, this is just the way boxing works, Everyone on here didnt even know who GGG was 2 fights ago yet everyone at MW is ducking him because he is scary, Scary based on what? the way he fights? Is resume? Nah, Yes i dont mind anyone fight him from Martinez to Pirog to Quillin to sturm to geale to Mundine but because they have other targets does not mean they are avoiding GGG, GGG would get his chance if he keep on going the way he is by fighting on HBO and getting more exposure not by boxingscene hype.
          other targets?
          quillin gets defensive every time his name is brought up...he's likely fighting rubio next who has lost to anyone with a pulse at mw (**** lemieux)

geale is fighting mundine...who has done jack **** at mw...he could've been fighting ggg on hbo but he dropped the belt. he knew he had to fight ggg even before he stepped into the ring with sturm

sturm ducked ggg for over 2 years and only fought geale so he could drop the wba belt and still be called a world champ

if that isn't ducking, what is???

this isn't the way boxing works...it's the way boxing is losing it's appeal and hbo and showtime have taken notice last year seeing as they also had to cope with budget cuts

Comment

No, Martinez is on top but this is the same shet about Martinez ducking GGG..Am tired of dumb ****** hype by idiotic posters, You dont just jump in and just take any fight just like that especially a guy who hasn't really make the fight worth anyone while.
            Martinez is on a different tier to both Golovkin and Quillin who are both closer to each other then they are to Martinez

If the end goal is to fight Martinez why shouldn't both want the fight to make their case that much stronger???

Comment

other targets?
              quillin gets defensive every time his name is brought up...he's likely fighting rubio next who has lost to anyone with a pulse at mw (**** lemieux)

geale is fighting mundine...who has done jack **** at mw...he could've been fighting ggg on hbo but he dropped the belt. he knew he had to fight ggg even before he stepped into the ring with sturm

sturm ducked ggg for over 2 years and only fought geale so he could drop the wba belt and still be called a world champ

if that isn't ducking, what is???

this isn't the way boxing works...it's the way boxing is losing it's appeal and hbo and showtime have taken notice last year seeing as they also had to cope with budget cuts
              Lets see what Quillin does in his next two fights shall we, I didnt even know i was a quillin fan until you said so lol, And it must be because he was black like Webley said because according to him i only defend black boxers, shame Calzaghe and Pavlik have now retired because I might need to go deeper into the eastern bloc to find more white skinned fighters to back because its all about the skin colour.

Yes boxing is losing its appeal but like i said GGG would have to continue to do what he is doing now and the door would be open for him, Not after 2 fights.. Quillin has a major promoter behind him and they are building him up slowly so i dont see him fighting anyone that doesnt bring much to the table and yes having a belt and fighting on the TV networks is the start.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                Martinez is on a different tier to both Golovkin and Quillin who are both closer to each other then they are to Martinez

If the end goal is to fight Martinez why shouldn't both want the fight to make their case that much stronger???
                Like i said previously why would Quillin promoter put him in against GGG when he can get to Martinez before GGG? I also didnt like the notion that everyone is ducking GGG when he has only appear to alot of these people in just 2 fights, If GGG has been fighting in america for 4 years now then i would believe he is been ducked but after 2 fights against Proksa and Rosado? Nah i do not believe boxers are scared of each other sorry.

Comment

Lets see what Quillin does in his next two fights shall we, I didnt even know i was a quillin fan until you said so lol, And it must be because he was black like Webley said because according to him i only defend black boxers, shame Calzaghe and Pavlik have now retired because I might need to go deeper into the eastern bloc to find more white skinned fighters to back because its all about the skin colour.

Yes boxing is losing its appeal but like i said GGG would have to continue to do what he is doing now and the door would be open for him, Not after 2 fights.. Quillin has a major promoter behind him and they are building him up slowly so i dont see him fighting anyone that doesnt bring much to the table and yes having a belt and fighting on the TV networks is the start.
                  when did I say this?

as for the rest of ur post: looks like u agree with me, except quillin a world champion now...he doesn't need any more building up.that's the same thing I said about jr's weak opposition when he was a champ

Comment

Like i said previously why would Quillin promoter put him in against GGG when he can get to Martinez before GGG? I also didnt like the notion that everyone is ducking GGG when he has only appear to alot of these people in just 2 fights, If GGG has been fighting in america for 4 years now then i would believe he is been ducked but after 2 fights against Proksa and Rosado? Nah i do not believe boxers are scared of each other sorry.
                    How are you so sure Quillin would get the shot first??? Quillin would make his case stronger (both would) if he fought Golovkin then he would by fighting opponents ranked outside the top 10..... Sergio is coming to the end of the line.... If he really wanted to face him he should try to do it as soon as possible

Quillin doesn't/didn't want Bute Pirog or Golovkin.... Its in his DNA not just because of Golovkin

Comment

when did I say this?

as for the rest of ur post: looks like u agree with me, except quillin a world champion now...he doesn't need any more building up.that's the same thing I said about jr's weak opposition when he was a champ
                      On your first reply to one of my post " Something about quillin fans are getting ripped" lol, Yes we are indeed in agreement, Am not claiming PQ shouldnt fight GGG, My point is he isnt ducking him just yet, My gripe is also the hype surrounding GGG he is some badazz that everyone is ducking, If GGG brings $2M to the table i would bet you everyone who is "Ducking" him would fight him so yea i dont think anyone is scared of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X