Quillin gives more excuses not to fight Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by elijahlyric View Post
    Abraham

Like I posted earlier, in the interview I seen with Quillin, that's not exactly what he said. What he said was a fight with ggg would be great, but both him and ggg need about to more fights here to get their names out and and when they fight maximize their earning power. Now to GGG , he has one heck of team, example, HBO, and team GGG knows exactly what they are doing with going into interviews, YouTube video's with calling everyone out, then claiming they're ducking with leaving important facts out. Now everyone wants to say Sturm ducked him? Name one top middleweight Sturm didn't duck? I can name Bhop, Pavlik, Taylor, Abraham. Sturm even turned down a fight with Edison Miranda when he was relevant. We know Sturm didn't want any part of Martinez. Now with GGG I hear,q,d multiple stories I heard team GGG wanted the fight on a neutral turf, not going to happen with the Champ, no matter what, unless your offering big $$$. Now the only fighter I can say ducked ggg probably Hussein, but even that story is filled with holes. Now you say GGG' is as bad as Quillins, come on now its just as bad.
    One HBO date was upstate NY, the other one MSG. Too neutral, KC only does Barclay Center?

Who's Hussein?

Comment

• The nightmares of getting hammered by Triple G in sparring are still fresh in Kid Chocolate's memory.

Comment

Abraham

Like I posted earlier, in the interview I seen with Quillin, that's not exactly what he said. What he said was a fight with ggg would be great, but both him and ggg need about to more fights here to get their names out and and when they fight maximize their earning power. Now to GGG , he has one heck of team, example, HBO, and team GGG knows exactly what they are doing with going into interviews, YouTube video's with calling everyone out, then claiming they're ducking with leaving important facts out. Now everyone wants to say Sturm ducked him? Name one top middleweight Sturm didn't duck? I can name Bhop, Pavlik, Taylor, Abraham. Sturm even turned down a fight with Edison Miranda when he was relevant. We know Sturm didn't want any part of Martinez. Now with GGG I hear,q,d multiple stories I heard team GGG wanted the fight on a neutral turf, not going to happen with the Champ, no matter what, unless your offering big $$$. Now the only fighter I can say ducked ggg probably Hussein, but even that story is filled with holes. Now you say GGG' is as bad as Quillins, come on now its just as bad.
        you missed the point entirely. You were saying how Golovkin is 30 years old and that he hasn't fought a top guy. I'm giving you examples of top guys Golovkin tried to fight but couldn't.

Now you're talking about Pavlik in 09. You think Arum would have made a Golovkin fight in 09? No way that was even close to an option. Especially considering Golovkin was fighting in Europe and never fought on hbo or showtime at the time.

Point is GGG has tried to get good fights, but for one reason or another hasn't been able to land them.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          One HBO date was upstate NY, the other one MSG. Too neutral, KC only does Barclay Center?

Who's Hussein?
          Don't understand the first 2 questions? But I'm referring to Quillin's last fight Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Quillin is underrated as a fighter on NSB. He's a solid fighter with real power. Like I said in posts prior, I think Kid Chocolate vs GGG is a 50/50 fight. Potential FOTY. And I've been a big fan of Quillin over the years.

But I don't like his attitude recently. He's another one of these fighters who hasn't accomplished much of anything who thinks he's entitled to the "big fights". What happened to the guys who are willing to fight anyone to prove they are the best? What happened to wanting to unify the division?

I guess that's why GGG has a lot of fans. Not only because he's fun to watch but his willingness to fight anyone. Unfortunately, we just don't see that often anymore. For every Golovkin, there are 20 Quillin's and Canelo's.

What's worse is the amount of fans who defend this kind of behavior. The best are supposed to fight the best, period. That's what all fans should want. But nope, not on NSB. Now it's about building up your brand, how many backers you have, etc. It's crazy talk. This is Peter damn Quillin vs Golovkin we're talking about here, this isn't Floyd vs Pacquiao.
            You're making too much sense, Ray's head may explode

Comment

Abraham

Like I posted earlier, in the interview I seen with Quillin, that's not exactly what he said. What he said was a fight with ggg would be great, but both him and ggg need about to more fights here to get their names out and and when they fight maximize their earning power. Now to GGG , he has one heck of team, example, HBO, and team GGG knows exactly what they are doing with going into interviews, YouTube video's with calling everyone out, then claiming they're ducking with leaving important facts out. Now everyone wants to say Sturm ducked him? Name one top middleweight Sturm didn't duck? I can name Bhop, Pavlik, Taylor, Abraham. Sturm even turned down a fight with Edison Miranda when he was relevant. We know Sturm didn't want any part of Martinez. Now with GGG I hear,q,d multiple stories I heard team GGG wanted the fight on a neutral turf, not going to happen with the Champ, no matter what, unless your offering big $$$. Now the only fighter I can say ducked ggg probably Hussein, but even that story is filled with hoow you say GGG's resume is not as bad as Quillins, come on now its just as bad.
              Golovkin is a champ as well, maybe you forgot.

He offered a neutral turf fight, not even on his own turf, it doesnt get any more fair then that

Comment

• In the States I can tell everyone for fact that if GGG gets in another two fights and wins by stoppage he'll be far more popular than Sergio and I don't give a damn about the "Latin connection" because all Latinos like KO's too! This Sergio guy fought a kid who didn't know how to box or fight, was winning easily but never stepped it up to stop the kid! His style is NOT a favorite style and if that kid could have put 3 rounds together I think Sergio gets stopped! GGG will quickly be a name here because his team knows what they need to do and thats.......FIGHT! People talk about the quality of opponents?? Sergio is rematching a kid who's the "greenest" kid I've EVER seen in a main event! I understand the draw connection to senior but to fight this kid again tlls everyone that SERGIO has NO drawing power! Ray.

Comment

• L
                  Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  you missed the point entirely. You were saying how Golovkin is 30 years old and that he hasn't fought a top guy. I'm giving you examples of top guys Golovkin tried to fight but couldn't.

Now you're talking about Pavlik in 09. You think Arum would have made a Golovkin fight in 09? No way that was even close to an option. Especially considering Golovkin was fighting in Europe and never fought on hbo or showtime at the time.

Point is GGG has tried to get good fights, but for one reason or another hasn't been able to land them.
                  Point is guys believe everything team GGG says. That's my point, and by the way I believe Arum would of because fighters like GGG wasn't Pavliks kryptonite it was athletic or pure boxers. And that's what I'm getting at. Guys are reluctant to fight overseas, and that's why a lot of GGG' s fights didn't come to fruition. Now I'm not missing your point, I just choose to see the other facts.

Comment

Don't understand the first 2 questions? But I'm referring to Quillin's last fight Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam
                    KC was approached for GG's 2 HBO dates, both in NY state. How's that neutral ground, I thought KC reps NY, or is it BK only?

There's no doubt NJikam ducked him. WBA orders fight, NJikam purse bid no show, drops interim belt.

Comment

• Quillin knows Golovkin would murder him the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X