No announcement yet.

Quillin gives more excuses not to fight Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    So you admit Hatton ducked Witter like the Plague? Now i see why you mad lol.
    Yet again Ray, you miss the point I'm trying to make.

Firstly, did Hatton duck Witter like the plaque? Yes of course he ducked Witter like the plaque.

And my point was that for years and years, you raged about the Witter duck.

Yet you come in here and tell us why GGG needs to bring more to the table and keep winning fights.

You know, the same thing Hatton was saying about Witter all those years.

And let's not forget one thing - Hatton was a far, far bigger star then Quillin will ever be.

So why the hypocrisy, Ray?

Comment

You have to understand that unless you join the "Everybody is scared" of GGG then you are not making sense, It bloody obvious that quillin or anyone else wouldnt fight GGG unless he was a mandatory, brings more to the table etc

Why would anyone on top fight GGG? at the moment he is all hype and less money so i dont blame anyone for not fighting him or even answering his call, He has to make a name for himself in the ring not through idiotic boxingscene posters.
      Quillin is on top???

Comment

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
        One funny thing about Ray's ******edess in this thread is that for years and years, he raged about Hatton ducking Witter "like the plaque" ().

I don't remember Ray teaching us Boxing Economics 101 back then.
        actually, Garcia's Father, he did. one of his key points was that Hatton-Witter would have done excellent domestic box-office at any point between 2001 and 2008, which is entirely true. Hatton's supporters wanted it, the British boxing community awaited it, it was even still a feasible fight for some months after Hatton got waxed by Mayweather, but Ricky never delivered it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Unless you're over forty, I've been a boxing fan longer than you've been alive.

I used to regard you as a decent poster. Now I see how argumentative and fanatical you can be. Understand who you're exchanging words with. I don't know if we can have any sensible boxing conversation, but you'll have to start there.
          I think you're a good poster as well, I've saw you make some quality posts. But I disagree with your GGG/Quillan views. To each his own, though.

Comment

• i agree that mr. Quillin should be open to boxing mr. Golovkin, though. Quillin can make money with Golovkin on HBO, but does he have any kind of deal that ties him to Showtime for the forseeable future?

Comment

• Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
              actually, Garcia's Father, he did. one of his key points was that Hatton-Witter would have done excellent domestic box-office at any point between 2001 and 2008, which is entirely true. Hatton's supporters wanted it, the British boxing community awaited it, it was even still a feasible fight for some months after Hatton got waxed by Mayweather, but Ricky never delivered it.
              Actually, I never said Ricky didn't duck like the plaque. I know he did. Just like Quillin is doing now.

It's just funny how someone who raged about another fighter's ducking is now giving us Boxing Economics 101. Afterall, what did Ricky's ducking get him? Just Las Vegas PPVs against Mayweather and Pacquiao. I'm sure Ray, BoxingScene.com's great Economist, will now admit Hatton was right to duck Witter like the plaque considering where it got him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                Yet again Ray, you miss the point I'm trying to make.

Firstly, did Hatton duck Witter like the plaque? Yes of course he ducked Witter like the plaque.

And my point was that for years and years, you raged about the Witter duck.

Yet you come in here and tell us why GGG needs to bring more to the table and keep winning fights.

You know, the same thing Hatton was saying about Witter all those years.

And let's not forget one thing - Hatton was a far, far bigger star then Quillin will ever be.

So why the hypocrisy, Ray?
                No there is zero hypocrisy, Firstly its easy for you now to point out that oh yes Hatton did duck witter, When i was pointing it out in those days where were you? But now because I dont think anyone is scared of GGG you want to use the Hatton/Witter situation? Nah Hatton and Witter were from the same country and it was a fight that people in this country wanted except Hatton and his fanatics.

Comment

Ripped a new one by who? Quillin fans? who me? firstly i dont give a shet about quillin, But am sure as hell laughing at people who think GGG is been ducked by everyone...again its laughable.
                  I wasn't referring to u as a quillin fan that's why I typed it above ur quoted post...........

the rest was directed at u...nobody aside from maybe max kellerman thinks ggg is the most avoided fighter in the world

u however claim he brings little to the table...like the other posters have said he has a title and he's had hbo exposure, I wouldn't call that nothing

u call refer to him as "all hype", well obviously ure not paying attention to the way he fights...he's more technically sound than any mw right now and probably the strongest puncher as well. it's plain to see if u know how to watch boxing...don't take this personally I just think it is

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                    Quillin is on top???

No, Martinez is on top but this is the same shet about Martinez ducking GGG..Am tired of dumb stupid hype by idiotic posters, You dont just jump in and just take any fight just like that especially a guy who hasn't really make the fight worth anyone while.

Comment

No there is zero hypocrisy, Firstly its easy for you now to point out that oh yes Hatton did duck witter, When i was pointing it out in those days where were you? But now because I dont think anyone is scared of GGG you want to use the Hatton/Witter situation? Nah Hatton and Witter were from the same country and it was a fight that people in this country wanted except Hatton and his fanatics.
                      Where was I? I was posting about in threads, like I am doing this one. What is your point?

Everyone in boxing wants to see PQ and GG square off too, it would be a fantastic brutal fight. Again, what is your point?

Why rage about Hatton ducking yet excuse PQ? Both are shameless, but at least Ricky was a huge draw and went on to fight monster PPV events against Pac and Floyd. Where is your Boxing Economics Class on that?

Comment

Working...
                      X