Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo confirms trout is next but Floyd has to sign for Sep.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are people coming up with this "he wants to fight Floyd win or lose" narrative from?

Fighters, especially young arrogant ones like Canelo, don't contemplate losing. He's just already looking past Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
      No one from Canelo or his team has said anything about a guarantee, win or lose. Your just assuming because for some reason you don't like the guy.
      The most likely scenario is that wants a contract in place so that he knows if he submits to being on the undercard in May and they both win, they get it on in September.
      I think they see the possibility of being used to help PPV buys in May and then getting left high and dry if Floyd decides he doesn't want to fight again next year.
      then how come canelo is waiting for both trout and floyd to sign their contracts to fight him? canelo wants to be guaranteed a floyd fight in september or else he wouldn't be sending out a contract for floyd to sign...if canelo doesn't want floyd to guarantee him a fight in september even if he loses then why send a contract to floyd? just send one to trout and get the business done on may 4th.. and if u win then you got ur floyd fight...

Comment

Canelo should know that running his mouth like this makes Floyd agreeing to sign less likely. Floyd could agree to that, but if he feels like he is getting forced into something by a lesser guy Floyd would probably have real issues with that.

If Canelo just knew to keep his mouth shut he was probably more likely to get the promise he seeks.

Another thing to think about people eat up the Floyd is ducking someone talk, so they have been going on about this subject but what if the plan was never to have Canelo fight on the card just use this to create a ton of drama between the guys to get the usual people talking about Floyd being scared of Canelo. Meanwhile both guys fight different guys they should defeat, but that drama between Floyd and Canelo would be building the whole time because it would be getting talked about, just think about it~ it would take what is already a very big fight and push it over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          He doesn't have to say it. You're assuming without knowing what a guarantee is. Zab Judah got a guarantee & went on to lose to Baldomir. Who did he fight next??
          Your full of ****, Zab never had a guarantee to fight Floyd win or lose. There was no contract in place before he fought Baldomire.
          It was just the fight they both wanted and Arum and Don King made the deal anyway. The only difference is Floyd got a bigger guarantee because of Zab's loss.
          There was no contract in place and no guarantee, like I said, your just assuming the worse because you don't like Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
            Your full of ****, Zab never had a guarantee to fight Floyd win or lose. There was no contract in place before he fought Baldomire.
            It was just the fight they both wanted and Arum and Don King made the deal anyway. The only difference is Floyd got a bigger guarantee because of Zab's loss.
            There was no contract in place and no guarantee, like I said, your just assuming the worse because you don't like Canelo.
            it was a gurantee. They had the deal before the Baldy fight

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              You know... they just signed Jorge Silva
              didn't Angulo just beat that dude? Or am I thinking of the wrong guy

Comment

How's that for all the people doubting Canelo? At least you can't say the kid doesn't want the toughest fights out there - his promoters and handlers are just like Arum trying to protect him but it appears as if he doesn't need nor want protection.

Mayweather is scared to face him period, hence the hesitation for Floyd to sign the contract. Let's see if Trout has any issues with signing his name on the dotted line.

Comment

I don't think Floyd will agree to fight Canelo because Canelo is to dangerous. I hope Floyd proves me wrong and agrees to fight the winner of Trout-Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                    Where are people coming up with this "he wants to fight Floyd win or lose" narrative from?

Fighters, especially young arrogant ones like Canelo, don't contemplate losing. He's just already looking past Trout.
                    Confident fighters in their ability also don't contemplate losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      didn't Angulo just beat that dude? Or am I thinking of the wrong guy
                      Nope, it's the same guy that Angulo struggled with. He barely came out with the L in that fight. I would'n't have even argued if they have given it to Silva either.

Comment

Working...
                      X