Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo confirms trout is next but Floyd has to sign for Sep.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    People are clearly missing ginger's point. A guarantee is a guarantee, period. That means win or lose unless it's in the stipulation. I don't see how anyone can (praise), ginger for this. It's obviously an elaborate duck attempt with the intent on blaming Floyd.
    No one from Canelo or his team has said anything about a guarantee, win or lose. Your just assuming because for some reason you don't like the guy.
    The most likely scenario is that wants a contract in place so that he knows if he submits to being on the undercard in May and they both win, they get it on in September.
    I think they see the possibility of being used to help PPV buys in May and then getting left high and dry if Floyd decides he doesn't want to fight again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      I'm with you on this. I honestly see Canelo trying to blame Floyd for not fighting Trout. Then he'll bring some sucker up from a lower weight class and say that's all they could get on short notice.
      I mean it's so damn obvious.

Comment

Look man, Canelo has been going on about this Mayweather needs to sign or I won't fight b.s. for a while and that's why people such as myself are coming to the conclusion that he wants the Mayweather fight win or lose. And like Bush said, he wants a guarantee.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          Money should do it regardless..... one big money fight and another bigger money fight this year.
          If Canelo loses, who cares?
          He'll still yield a big amount of money..... that's if his bandwagoners haven't already committed mass kool aide-cide
          Considering Canelo isn't a big star in the States yet and him potentially coming off a loss, not sure how you sell that fight especially when Floyd and his team try to make fights with people coming off some type of win (at least prior to a Floyd fight)

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
            No one from Canelo or his team has said anything about a guarantee, win or lose. Your just assuming because for some reason you don't like the guy.
            The most likely scenario is that wants a contract in place so that he knows if he submits to being on the undercard in May and they both win, they get it on in September.
            I think they see the possibility of being used to help PPV buys in May and then getting left high and dry if Floyd decides he doesn't want to fight again next year.
            He doesn't have to say it. You're assuming without knowing what a guarantee is. Zab Judah got a guarantee & went on to lose to Baldomir. Who did he fight next??

Comment

Originally posted by PBP
              Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Nvm I see Chud asked the same question. Canelo knows he's gonna get his add handed to him by Trout and doesn't wanna lose his opportunity to a Mayweather fight. Canelo swears he's got a lot of pull.

I doubt Mayweather signs cause Trout is a Haymon fighter too. Tell Canelo good luck with his free card on Showtime while Trout whoops his ass.

Lara is too. I hope Haymon uses his power to get Trout and Lara (assuming he wins) the fights they earned and deserve.
              I think Haymon cares for Lara as much as GBP does... And we know how much they care about him.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                Considering Canelo isn't a big star in the States yet and him potentially coming off a loss, not sure how you sell that fight especially when Floyd and his team try to make fights with people coming off some type of win (at least prior to a Floyd fight)
                His drones won't care is why
                Nationalistic pride will come into play.... and people will think he can beat Mayweather because he's smaller

Comment

Doesn't seem clear whether Canelo is asking to sign a contract where he gets to fight Floyd Mayweather regardless of the outcome of this proposed fight. However There is absolutely no way Mayweather would fight a guy coming off a loss.

Comment

Floyd won't sign nor should he. Canelo can drop off the card as far I'm concerned.

Comment

wake up. he's a pleasure to watch but floyd doesnt give big wins to the fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X