Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo confirms trout is next but Floyd has to sign for Sep.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just like I predicted.

LOL at all the kitty cats who promised that Alvarez would never fight Trout... or any "threat".

IF Alvarez is waiting on a signed contract from Floyd, I'm sure Floyd is demanding a record breaking purse because he would take a hit if Alvarez loses.

However Floyd is known to fight guys coming off a loss. Look at Judah. I mean it's not like were talking about Pac here who fights back to back to back to back losers. Past prime losers and in some cases, cheating losers who are not even ranked.

We are talking about Alvarez, a so called "TOP" JMW who would lose to the other "TOP" JMW. Not guys on losing streaks. It's a win win for Floyd because I'm sure he's getting paid no matter if Alvarez wins or loses to Trout.

He is going to make De la Hoya pay checks. The purse and signed contract (to fight Alvarez in Sep) is probably what is holding everything up.
    Last edited by WESS; 01-25-2013, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Pretty much. I don't see how this guy can expect that Floyd date when Trout gets through toying with him. In fact if I were to wager, I'd say the only reason he'd even fight Trout is because of this lil ole deal. I'll fight trout if I'm guaranteed Floyd win or lose.

I don't see how the Floyd fans can even accept this. After Trout bets ginger, what's the point of Floyd/ginger?? He brings no belt, all his fans are gonna disperse after they realize he was a hypejob & he'll be coming off of a loss.

Seems like an elaborate excuse from team ginger to duck Trout & then blame Floyd for it.
      You may be right about all that, specially if Canelo moves one to have his own fight and its not Trout. At this point, he has to fight Trout or else it seems like he never thought he could beat Trout in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Mayweather should just put in the contract that Canelo losing voids the agreement.
        Sounds reasonable but I doubt Canelo goes for it. I'm sure he wants the guarantee.

Comment

• Originally posted by LHRH89 View Post
          In an article posted today by RECORD, a mexican sports newspaper Canelo talked about not being too thrilled about fighting on the undercard of Mayweather's next fight. Says that he will fight on the undercard and that no one is on his list other than Trout. Canelo says he is just waiting for Trout to sign and Mayweather to sign and agree for a September fight against him and if he doesn't he will not fight on May 4. The link is below.

http://www.record.com.mx/article/ser...canelo-alvarez

Trout is real threat for Canelo. Guerrero is an easy picking for Floyd! Canelo just wanna make sure he'll get Floyd! I applaud Canelo for taking Trout! He's a real warrior! Floyd should fight JMM instead of Guerrero! This new JMM is different than what he fought last time out!

Comment

There ya go Qualllobo. Like I said, go study up before you comment. Win or lose doesn't have to be stipulated. If Judah signed to fight Floyd before he fought & loss to Baldomir, then he's fighting Floyd at the appointed date, win or lose.
            From Wikipedia: "With the loss to Carlos Manuel Baldomir, it appeared that Judah's much anticipated bout with Mayweather was off, but Judah's promoter Don King and Mayweather's promoter Bob Arum reworked the deals so the fight would go on."

There you have it Bushbaby, the fight was off until the promoters got together and made the deal anyway. There was no guarantee win or lose that Zab got a Mayweather fight. Go study up before you comment.....

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
              From Wikipedia: "With the loss to Carlos Manuel Baldomir, it appeared that Judah's much anticipated bout with Mayweather was off, but Judah's promoter Don King and Mayweather's promoter Bob Arum reworked the deals so the fight would go on."

There you have it Bushbaby, the fight was off until the promoters got together and made the deal anyway. There was no guarantee win or lose that Zab got a Mayweather fight. Go study up before you comment.....
              Yeah, I was corrected pages ago bout that. Still doesn't change the original point. A signed guarantee is a signed guarantee. Win, lose or draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                Floyd won't sign.
                I don't think so either. Floyd doesn't like to be controlled, that's why he calls Golden boy his adviser, not his promoter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                  Trout is real threat for Canelo. Guerrero is an easy picking for Floyd! Canelo just wanna make sure he'll get Floyd! I applaud Canelo for taking Trout! He's a real warrior! Floyd should fight JMM instead of Guerrero! This new JMM is different than what he fought last time out!
                  Canelo should get credit even if this fight doesn't come off.

Comment

Is that right?? So Floyd wasn't forced to take that useless fight?? There I go defending the guy.
                    Yep

He honoured the verbal agreement. It was supposed to be a "Mega-fight" and it would have been had Judah not lost

But yeah, Mayweather wasn't obliged to fight Judah at that point but he did anyway.

Comment

• All Canelo wants is a better money offer for taking Floyd's undercard fight. That's all. Seems stupid to take Floyd's pathetic undercard offer when Canelo can fight on a separate date with significantly more money.

First of all, Canelo and his team know September is a fictitious date. It is just a promotional ploy for the May event.

You clowns need to forget about that September date crap.

This is all about MONN NEEEY.

Comment

Working...
                      X