Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Zab beats Garcia and becomes lineal champ at 140 will that get him to the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Here is the new RING policy:

THE RING will remove from its ratings any rated fighter – including a champion – if such fighter at some point undergoes drug testing (Olympic-style or otherwise) and that fighter tests positve for a banned substance.

Weed is a banned substance.
    It could be read as such, but both cases cited involved PED and fighters have been popped for stimulants for years with The Ring caring little.

The Ring is obviously talking about performance based banned substances and taking a stand against them, they could spell it out better but their meaning seems clear to me.

Comment

yep based on the fact he has been in the ring with all the best of his eras

Comment

Thats because a lineal champ should be easy to figure out, #1 v #2, thats its.

No im saying if the Ring didnt make up this new rule and didnt drop him with a failed test, would you consider him a lineal champ
        It's not easy though is it. Because how often is their a consensus #1 and #2 across all rankings? Not too often. That's why many just go off The Ring's ranking as they have been the "Official" rankings for a while. Which is again why there's plently who have Garcia as the Lineal Champion.

And no, I wouldn't. I don't currently.

Comment

He wont win. He'll quit in 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            It could be read as such, but both cases cited involved PED and fighters have been popped for stimulants for years with The Ring caring little.

The Ring is obviously talking about performance based banned substances and taking a stand against them, they could spell it out better but their meaning seems clear to me.
            So they create a rule, then go against it

Gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              It's not easy though is it. Because how often is their a consensus #1 and #2 across all rankings? Not too often. That's why many just go off The Ring's ranking as they have been the "Official" rankings for a while. Which is again why there's plently who have Garcia as the Lineal Champion.

And no, I wouldn't. I don't currently.
              No, those who have Garcia as a lineal champ are like Larry and regard the Ring as the lineal title.

If you look at Cliffs rankings on this site, he doesnt have Garcia as lineal champ, rightfully.

Comment

So they create a rule, then go against it

Gotcha
                I wouldn't really call it going against it, because I don't think they meant stimulants.

That said it is their rule so they can apply it as they see fit.

Comment

No, those who have Garcia as a lineal champ are like Larry and regard the Ring as the lineal title.

If you look at Cliffs rankings on this site, he doesnt have Garcia as lineal champ, rightfully.
                  Plently have him as Lineal.

I was arguing on here after the fight with a long list of people.

I've seen it elsewhere also. Outside the realms of Boxingscene

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    I wouldn't really call it going against it, because I don't think they meant stimulants.

That said it is their rule so they can apply it as they see fit.
                    Yet they wrote "Banned Substances". Then didnt ban JCC after he tested positive for one, so yea they went against it, its not that hard to understand

"Their rule so they can apply it as they see fit" The WBC does this alot too, you must be a big supporter of them as well

Comment

Yet they wrote "Banned Substances". Then didnt ban JCC after he tested positive for one, so yea they went against it, its not that hard to understand

"Their rule so they can apply it as they see fit" The WBC does this alot too, you must be a big supporter of them as well
                      Did I say I was supporting The Ring? It is what it is, you don't have to like it or their ranking I really don't care.

I don't go by their rankings, and I don't listen to the boxing media as they are only leading the bleating sheep~ so I don't know what you are talking about.

That said I think your example is poor, because JCC Jr. did not get popped for similar things as Berto and Peterson so they are not similar cases thus will get treated differently. If you want to take what they say like that well I already conceded you could take it that way but I think you are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Comment

Working...
                      X