Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward, Mikkel Kessler Continue To Trade Words

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think people need to go and watch ward vs kessler again i just did and ward absolutely schools him for the whole fight even more than he did froch there wasn't as much holding as i first thought there was,there is no way oakland or denmark kessler wins same goes for froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
      Hi Andrew - I hope you are well - I am serious I think Tommy is the one of the most underated fighters out there but I have seen enough of Tommy to know that he is an uncut diamond and he will go on to prove this as long as he get his chance - there is only one thing that could stop this because of his size he could outgrow this division so if it does'nt come in the next 12 months he will do i in the Light Heavyweight divison a few classic fights for Britian Oosthuizen v Cleverley or Bellew tasty, (All who is reading this I have sent an e-mail to Boxnation to cover Tommy's fights if enough e-mails are sent they will see there's enough interest and could cover them in future could all whose reading this send an e-mail)
      Well Tommy had a chance to fight Froch, but turned it down. I'm sure that once he steps up his competition, he should get some exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by witter87 View Post
        i think people need to go and watch ward vs kessler again i just did and ward absolutely schools him for the whole fight even more than he did froch there wasn't as much holding as i first thought there was,there is no way oakland or denmark kessler wins same goes for froch.
        I guess it depends how much holding you thought there was at first.

Last edited by BattlingNelson; 01-24-2013, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
          I was thinking the exact same thing.

Ward is one of my favorite fighters at the moment, but I agree he really needs to fight an away game. If he did, and remained undefeated, it would shut up a lot of his detractors.
          I didn't know the olympics and final of the super 6 was held in Oakland. When did that happen cause when I bought my tickets for the Super 6 final vs Froch could have sworn I went to Atlantic City. Maybe I'm wrong.

Kessler ain't gonna do sh!+ vs Ward in a rematch and all of yall know it. Ward was the youngest most inexperienced fighter in the super 6 and won it all. Ward has done nothing but get better since then. No matter where Ward vs Kessler happens Ward beats Kessler easily. People need to stop hating.

Stop crying like broads about a fighters supposed non-excitement and cry about the opponent not being able to get Ward to fight their so called exciting fight. Only in boxing does the winner get down talked for winning and the loser get praised for losing while being so called exciting. SMFH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            So you are saying in essence that Ward, the supposed #1P4P guy on the planet's best career wins were over average guys? I tend to somewhat agree there but it kind of goes against the rest of your post which lends credence to Ward's talent.
            Ward couldn't have done anything more than what was asked of him upon entering the super 6 tbh. They were considered the best 6 SMW's (even tho, like i said, most of them are average skilled) and Ward not only just beat them, but totally dominated losing very few rounds on the way. After that, he fought a guy who was bigger, stronger, faster and a slick southpaw and totally dominated that fight. Won every round. I know people will say Dawson was drained but you could knitpick through every fighters resume in history. I think Ward deserves his status in the top 3 p4p list. The only thing that would impress me more would be if he went to someones hometown and dominated or goes and does the same thing to Dawson at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620
              Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Whoops a weight drained Dawson after refusing a catchweight (but a month later was talking about a move to 175) then gets called the #1 P4P.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Yeah, because that's the only win on his resume.
              Isn't that when he jumped to #1/#2? Thought so.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                Hi Andrew - I hope you are well - I am serious I think Tommy is the one of the most underated fighters out there but I have seen enough of Tommy to know that he is an uncut diamond and he will go on to prove this as long as he get his chance - there is only one thing that could stop this because of his size he could outgrow this division so if it does'nt come in the next 12 months he will do i in the Light Heavyweight divison a few classic fights for Britian Oosthuizen v Cleverley or Bellew tasty, (All who is reading this I have sent an e-mail to Boxnation to cover Tommy's fights if enough e-mails are sent they will see there's enough interest and could cover them in future could all whose reading this send an e-mail)
                Same to you my man. I think he's a decent fighter and he has a good chance of a win against someone like Abraham to win the WBO title. I don't think he will have a chance against the 3 champion of the division, Kessler, Froch and Ward. No way. I also think he seems to big for the SMW division, and he doesn't sit well enough on his punches. But he hasn't had enough fights for me to say he will never be a force. But as it stands, no way.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  Crybaby? Because he responded to Ward's comments about not wanting a return? Should he just shut up?
                  Bottom line is we don't know who is telling the truth. Stop complaining, put him in a position where he has to rematch and problem solved. I like Kessler, I just don't like fighters trying to get fights through public insults.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                    I didn't know the olympics and final of the super 6 was held in Oakland. When did that happen cause when I bought my tickets for the Super 6 final vs Froch could have sworn I went to Atlantic City. Maybe I'm wrong.

Kessler ain't gonna do sh!+ vs Ward in a rematch and all of yall know it. Ward was the youngest most inexperienced fighter in the super 6 and won it all. Ward has done nothing but get better since then. No matter where Ward vs Kessler happens Ward beats Kessler easily. People need to stop hating.

Stop crying like broads about a fighters supposed non-excitement and cry about the opponent not being able to get Ward to fight their so called exciting fight. Only in boxing does the winner get down talked for winning and the loser get praised for losing while being so called exciting. SMFH!!!
                    Wow - making excuses that AC is not Oakland. Well it isn't exactly Nottingham is it? You say Kessler won't do ***** against him - he might not, but i'd like to find out. And that's the bottom line.

Comment

I'm more inclined to believe Kessler to be honest. Wasn't ward the only guy that didnt travel during the super 6? Can't remember but I know Abraham froch and Kessler all fought in somebody else's backyard and ward didnt. On top of that ward has a style that is effective, but fcuk me! I'd rather watch paint dry.

Comment

Working...
                      X