Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward, Mikkel Kessler Continue To Trade Words

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kessler is starting to sound like a cry baby and better not be overlooking Froch.

Comment

Ward beat Kessler with great outboxing. And some nice inside work.

It's a shame that their styles led to a lot of headbutts because revisionists will try to make it seem that this is the only reason Andre won. Which is patently untrue.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey
        Quote:

Originally Posted by TX_BOXNG

Ward is one of my favorite fighters, but they came down to Oakland n fought him there, why cant Ward go out there, after Froch vs Kessler the winner should face Ward in Europe in there hometown, that way a champ is going out there to unify titles

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll

Ward is a low key guy and doesn't like to talk trash about his opponents. But apparently Kessler being a sore loser is finally starting to get to him.

BTW, Kessler didn't ***** and moan when Calzaghe whooped him in wales

But then again, calzaghe didn't hold, headbutt and maul, he beat Kessler at his own game.
        Man I thought Kessler had a legit shot in that fight. He was having great success with one punch (i think it was the uppercut. been a while) then he got away from it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
          Ward is one of my favorite fighters, but they came down to Oakland n fought him there, why cant Ward go out there, after Froch vs Kessler the winner should face Ward in Europe in there hometown, that way a champ is going out there to unify titles
          Ward dominated Froch in Atlantic City not Oakland.And Kessler is still butt hurt over losing to Ward.I hope he beats Froch to setup a Ward rematch in Europe Vegas or AC

Comment

lmao,'me and Froch will fight a real fight' im sure it is a real fight to watch 2 averagely skilled guys with decent punching power going toe to toe for 12 rounds for a casual boxing fan, but for a real boxing fan, id rather watch what boxing is supposed to be about, which is hit and not get hit, which is what Ward does although i admit the head clashes make it abit unsavoury but it happens so mehh.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Ward beat Kessler with great outboxing. And some nice inside work.

It's a shame that their styles led to a lot of headbutts because revisionists will try to make it seem that this is the only reason Andre won. Which is patently untrue.
              In all fairness and I could be wrong about this but Ward didn't receive any warnings about the butts. Kessler's face was sliced up because of them even if they were accidental (which I believe they were) and the ref should have gave at least a warning to make Ward think a little before doing it again. I don't blame Kessler for feeling a little bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Kessler is starting to sound like a cry baby and better not be overlooking Froch.
                Crybaby? Because he responded to Ward's comments about not wanting a return? Should he just shut up?

Comment

Ward won't leave home, he headbutted dude to win their fight the first time. Kessler and Froch are gonna make big dollars fighting each other and Ward is on the shelf for the better part of a year now anyways. It doesn't matter anyways, it's all a joke...Ward will remain higher on the p4p list than many other fighters based on basically doing nothing.

Comment

If Ward fought anybody on the same night as Froch - Kessler, I know what fight I'd be watching.

Ward is an accomplished fighter but they won't be replaying his fights in 20 years time that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed
                      Ward won't leave home, he headbutted dude to win their fight the first time. Kessler and Froch are gonna make big dollars fighting each other and Ward is on the shelf for the better part of a year now anyways. It doesn't matter anyways, it's all a joke...Ward will remain higher on the p4p list than many other fighters based on basically doing nothing.
                      Same reason Floyd is up there yet only fights once a year when an opponent of his convenience shows up.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X