No announcement yet.

Martinez can avoid all the top Middleweights and it's ok

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Where would you rank him if he beat Trout next?

Would Angulo do anything for his ranking?
    I would rank him #2 in that case. Nobody at 154 has any great wins but trout has more good ones then just about anybody

And angulo? No he has looked horrible since his comeback. He lost 3 rounds of 10 to that small Indian looking Mexican kid who stunned him several times and landed at will

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      I would rank him #2 in that case. Nobody at 154 has any great wins but trout has more good ones then just about anybody

And angulo? No he has looked horrible since his comeback. He lost 3 rounds of 10 to that small Indian looking Mexican kid who stunned him several times and landed at will
      I'd say Molina probably has the best resume at 154. Considering he should have the W over Lara, was wildely outpointing Kirkland until the crazy ending as has a decent win over Cintron too.

Fair point on Angulo. He looked terrible in his last fight but as sad as it is to say, it would be a step up for Canelo.

Comment

Its hilarious how Larry is now quoting the ring rankings and is all for it stating it as fact when not too long ago he was trashing it for its P4P ranking
        I guess you just agree with the ring when it fits your agenda

Fact Canelo is #2 in his division never having faced a top 5 in that division
        fact Oscar De La hoya is the owner of the ring magazine
        Fact ODLH is the CEO of Golden boy promotions
        Fact Golden boy promotes Canelito

hmmm now why would they rank their fighter as the #2 JMW when he has never fought a top 5 opponent in that division???

please educate me larry

Comment

Who did he avoid? Felix Sturm? Guy wasn't leaving Germany and I wouldn't travel there to beat his ass and get robbed. Dmitry Pirog? His best win was over Danny Fucking Jacobs. Come on. GGG? In due time, he'll be the clear cut number 1 and Martinez will take his challenge. Chavez Jr.'s win over Zbik is better than anything these three have done. Quillin? Martinez wants the #1 P4P fighter in the world. He isn't ducking anybody.

Comment

There isnt a clear #2 at MW outside of Geale imo..... Everyone else is interchangeable

Laughing at anyone mentioning Pirog

Barker defense was trash though I will admit

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              There isnt a clear #2 at MW outside of Geale imo..... Everyone else is interchangeable

Laughing at anyone mentioning Pirog

Barker defense was trash though I will admit
              And Geale just proved he was the #2 with his win over Sturm and then signed for a big match Down Under with Mundine. I don't think Martinez has ducked anyone, but I agree on the Barker fight, unless he shows us something more down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                Yet if Floyd doesnt fight Martinez he is scared and a duck??how does that work??Martinez does not have to face top middleweights because of risk/reward..yet if Floyd does not fight the top mw he is a ducking coward??the posters on here are hilarious,i mean hilarious....

Apparently you missed the 180+ replies thread on martinez ducking golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
                  Floyd is a champ at 147 and154*
                  Martinez is a champ at 160
                  Martinez isnt fighting the top guys at 160
                  Floyd is fighting the top guys in both 147 and 154
                  Martinez isnt even fighting GGG lol whos in his weightclass
                  Martinez is calling out a 154 pounder a weight he hasnt fought in 5 yrs
                  Martinez is scared of his own division so he wants to come down
                  Martinez fears GGG
                  I agree with you on this one Martinez is a great figther not taking anything away from him and he has always look impresive. However he wanted to fight and called out FLoyd, Pacquiao at some point even mentioned cotto, all of them figthers avareging 147lbs tops.
                  But he totally disregarded Pirog and GGG, both legit 160lbs contenders not paper or popularity based contenders ie CHavez jr, Williams had never fought anybody else at 160lbs, how in earth was williams #1 contender at 160.. Martinez has a good chance at winning against those two but the punishment he will get on the process will accumulate and quickly and that he is scared.
                  Explain howhe has guts to call Chavez Jr. paper champ, but yet he dont even considers or mentions the top 2 middleweight contenders..??

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I'd say Molina probably has the best resume at 154. Considering he should have the W over Lara, was wildely outpointing Kirkland until the crazy ending as has a decent win over Cintron too.

Fair point on Angulo. He looked terrible in his last fight but as sad as it is to say, it would be a step up for Canelo.
                    I agree, Molina always slips my mind when talking about fighters at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                      And Geale just proved he was the #2 with his win over Sturm and then signed for a big match Down Under with Mundine. I don't think Martinez has ducked anyone, but I agree on the Barker fight, unless he shows us something more down the line.
                      Then he will most likely rematch Sturm after that. He's busy for about a year. Barker fight was trash. Only reason Sergio isnt ****ted on more for taking that fight is because Barker had decent success and did way better then expected. This Murray fight is just as bad

Comment

Working...
                      X