Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Offers $3 Million To Top Rank For Donaire-Mares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is why i don't get mad at gb or arum. their doing their jobs. it's up to the fighters. if mares and donaire both want to fight each other, it will get made. the promoters work for them. stand up for yourself and demand the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
      this is starting to feel like may-pac negotiations
      Naw, Mares and Donaire actually want to fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
        this is why i don't get mad at gb or arum. their doing their jobs. it's up to the fighters. if mares and donaire both want to fight each other, it will get made. the promoters work for them. stand up for yourself and demand the fight.
        O_o are you new to boxing?? Yes GB is offering 3 mil for Donaire's services...but TR owns the promotional rights to Donaire and he already asked TR to let him fight Mares but Arum isn't dumb...he has Donaire under contract and doesn't want to do business with GB and won't give up the rights for that fight to GB...so NO it isn't up to the fighters...thanks for your positive attitude tho lol

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
          Great idea in theory, unfortunately from what I've read from big boxing writers, like Dan Rafael(I know I know "Fat Dan" "Heavy D"). What mostly happens with these guys is there promoter who owns their rights essentially, will just shelf the fighter. I mean look at guys who were promoted by Don King the last few years, you think these guys didn't want to fight but once a year/year-and-a-half?

Comment

gbp did the offer even if it means a hemorrhage of their pockets but arum still reluctant to move...

old bob, please make it happen...

Comment

Bob will turn around and make the same offer to GBP with the same monetary amount and if that falls through, he'll blame GBP for the fight not getting made.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                The article says Arum was lowballing so i dont think GBP would throw an offer out that isnt bigger or more than sufficient.
                Regardless, throwing a flat fee at your arch-rival promoter... More of the same in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                  Arum will have an article soon shooting this offer down
                  Exactly what I was thinking. Bob Arum is bad for boxing. Any fighter that signs up with him either has his head in his ass or is just a strait up idiot that doesn't pay attention to what's going on in the sport.

Comment

they bicker like school children so embarrassing

if u follow golden boys twitter and odlh they are like children talking crap ab top rank
                    so ridiculous !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
                      O_o are you new to boxing?? Yes GB is offering 3 mil for Donaire's services...but TR owns the promotional rights to Donaire and he already asked TR to let him fight Mares but Arum isn't dumb...he has Donaire under contract and doesn't want to do business with GB and won't give up the rights for that fight to GB...so NO it isn't up to the fighters...thanks for your positive attitude tho lol
                      umm yeah, i know all this....but the promoters work for the fighters. donaire can say he wants to fight mares but if arum comes to him with another fight and he accepts, then he didn't really want to fight mares as bad as he claims. and vice versa. fighters have the power. they don't use it. they hide behind their promoters. if these 2 want to fight each other and won't settle for nothing less, the fight can happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X