No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Offers $3 Million To Top Rank For Donaire-Mares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    So Schaefer wants to lose money just prove a point? Or have the Showtime head honchos lost all sight over what's going on with Showtime Boxing division?
    It's not Bob Arum's concern where GBP is getting the money from. All we need to hear out of his mouth is that he accepts this deal.

Or that he has a better counter offer.

Otherwise it's obvious that he just doesn't want to make the fight.

Comment

lol looks like these guys are not making any progress good , lets get this rigo donaire fight signed please

Comment

lol @ "its up to the fighters to demand the fight"

havent you clowns learned anything from Pacquiao and Mayweather

they are controlled. Million dollar ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
          dont care how the deal happens as long as it happens!
          I'm with ya but I think Shaefer is blowing smoke. Nonetheless Bob should call his bluff and take the offer. Donaire/Mares is a big fight for us diehard fans. Casuals barely know who these guys are. Especially Mares. On PPV it will flop and I dont see how they can turn a profit whether it be a ppv fight or regular HBO bout.

Comment

Sounds like a great deal to make. Make 3 million just for loaning your fighter and then get him back right after with a win over Mares

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              I'm with ya but I think Shaefer is blowing smoke. Nonetheless Bob should call his bluff and take the offer. Donaire/Mares is a big fight for us diehard fans. Casuals barely know who these guys are. Especially Mares. On PPV it will flop and I dont see how they can turn a profit whether it be a ppv fight or regular HBO bout.
              Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Sounds like a great deal to make. Make 3 million just for loaning your fighter and then get him back right after with a win over Mares

Sounds like a no brainer for Arum. Get that sht in writing before GBP backtracks. Easy money.

Comment

People are so sure Donaire wins.

Donaire is a bum.

Comment

Bob will never accept and Schaefer knows that. You think the 82 year old gives a **** about money? He has more than he needs, all he cares for is his supersized ego. Arum offered GB step-aside money, now he's getting offered the same and anybody thinks he'll really take it? Not happening.

Besides Donaire is the bigger draw, the more accomplished fighter and probably the favourite to win this fight. Doesn't make sense for TR to accept this offer.

Make Donaire - Rigondeaux instead, and let's all hope Arum dies in the meantime.

Comment

donaire vs mares would be an exciting fight and an easy win for donaire...hope it happens!

Comment

I'm pulling together the resources to offer boxingscene.com $3million to not publish any more articles featuring quotes from Richard Schaefer. Will that be enough, Rick? The guy is a tool and sounds like a broken record. You're not the leading promoter because you're stable is weak.

Comment

Working...
                      X