No announcement yet.

the myth mexicans...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    Mayweather with his run ins with the law are always plastered in every News network. Canelo is known all over Mexico and if he acted like an A$$ as does Mayweather and was posted in every Net work world wide than everyone would know who he is. Mayweather become known to many by way of Oscar Delahoya had Oscar retired when he should have after the Mayorga fight Mayweather would still be on HBO after Dark putting people to sleep with his boring A$$ fights
    It takes two to make a show......when did Oscar ever sell anything close to 2.45 million PPV's before fighting Floyd???

Oscar was bigger at that time, no doubt. But the most he sold aside from Floyd was 1.4 million with Trinidad. Floyd has sold 1.4 million with Mosley and 1.5 million with Cotto.

Comment

Floyd is popular and has the numbers because the amount of people love is doubled by the amount of people that hate him, either way he out sells all.

Most fans dont hate as much on their fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Why are we arguing about Mikey Garcia??? He's a Mexican-American. But he's an American first and foremost. That's where he was born and raised, he is just of Mexican descent.
        That's another topic but I agree; "Mexican" and "US American" are nationalities so the "real Mexican" arguments don't even make sense. I've said before people confuse nationality with Raza, but some people also mistake that with supremacism, which isn't the case.

Comment

Just like California, I live in Colorado, a state where 1/4 the population is Latino. Plus it's known for illegal immigrants just like California.

A Mexican-American would identify with being Mexican, no doubt. Just like an Italian-American identifies with being of Italian descent.

But they are still American first and foremost, like it or not.

Comment

I kno a lot of mexicans n i mean a lot, that buy the ppv to watch Canelo not Floyd, they go out an party once Canelo wins

I feel that Mayweather wouldnt be doing those numbers on MEXICAN holidays with MEXICANS on the cards lol its so obvious

Comment

So how did Floyd sell 920K with UK Ricky Hatton, in December??? That's a damn good number for a European fighter on PPV and it wasn't a Mexican holiday either.

I mean, how many casual fans know Canelo compared to Floyd???

Comment

Who cares?! Floyd fought Cotto and Mosley on CdM weekend and pac fought Mosley on this weekend as well. Last i remember both did well so this whole a Mexican is needed is crap. My dad is "real" mexican and he, just like me, will buy the fight whther hes fighting someone black, chinese, white, blue, purple, or from Mars.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                  yeah I forgot all the celebrities at the fight leaves before the Main Event. Most hard-core mexicans hate Oscar but now you take credit for his sucess. Mexicans are huge part of the sport but saying they have kept boxing afloat is a overstatement.
                  especially when the poster making such statement claims to be the "head mexican in charge."

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    So how did Floyd sell 920K with UK Ricky Hatton, in December??? That's a damn good number for a European fighter on PPV and it wasn't a Mexican holiday either.

I mean, how many casual fans know Canelo compared to Floyd???
                    Ricky was a popular european fighter n it wasnt on a mexican holiday, he didnt do as much as he does on mexican holidays with mexicans on it

Floyd sells a lot, but he wouldnt of broken those records with out the mexican help, its a great way to sell fights

I buy almost every ppv cause im a boxing fan

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                      Ricky was a popular european fighter n it wasnt on a mexican holiday, he didnt do as much as he does on mexican holidays with mexicans on it

Floyd sells a lot, but he wouldnt of broken those records with out the mexican help, its a great way to sell fights

I buy almost every ppv cause im a boxing fan
                      As I do agree mexicans give it a boost, its not going to be make or break.

You are saying mexicans are so dumb 200k- 4000k of them will shell out $60 to see Alvarez vs Gomez. I dont believe that.

Comment

Working...
                      X