Collapse
No announcement yet.

the myth mexicans...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah I forgot all the celebrities at the fight leaves before the Main Event. Most hard-core mexicans hate Oscar but now you take credit for his sucess. Mexicans are huge part of the sport but saying they have kept boxing afloat is a overstatement.

Comment

Mexican's tune in when they have someone from their heritage that faces Mayweather.

If a Cuban faced Mayweather, don't you think a lot more would buy it than whatever is currently sold for whoever?

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
        yeah I forgot all the celebrities at the fight leaves before the Main Event. Most hard-core mexicans hate Oscar but now you take credit for his sucess. Mexicans are huge part of the sport but saying they have kept boxing afloat is a overstatement.
        Latinos are keeping this sport alive and I'll happily admit it. It's not just Mexicans, the entire latino community loves the sport of boxing and the best part is they are loyal. Without them this sport would be dead and I really believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
          Mexican's tune in when they have someone from their heritage that faces Mayweather.

If a Cuban faced Mayweather, don't you think a lot more would buy it than whatever is currently sold for whoever?
          That's almost every single fight.....

Look at any fight card around the country, and you will see Mexicans on almost every card. I just worked a fight in Kissimmee Florida and Cosme Rivera was the headliner in a hard core Puerto Rican town and scene.

We are everywhere, we are boxing, we keep the sport alive. Without Mexicans we wouldn't have boxing in the sense we do today. That might sound arrogant but it's true.

It's like saying that soccer wouldn't be what it is without Brazilians.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
            Oscar is an american of mexican descent. Mexicans hate him because of the Chavez fight.

The original contention of this thread is not about mexican keeping boxing afloat.

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
              i think mayweather banks more on the "haters" paying to see the fight he creates an aura of arrogance thats kinda easy to hate and sells it on 24/7 and a lot of people tune in just to see if he can get his 0 taken i feel like at least thats why a lot of people who dont watch boxing normally have talked about mayweather fights they want to see him lose cause hes arrogant and ****y and cause i think they are partially racist
              X2!! It might sound ****** but yes people will actually pay just to see if the person they dislike will lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Look at any fight card around the country, and you will see Mexicans on almost every card. I just worked a fight in Kissimmee Florida and Cosme Rivera was the headliner in a hard core Puerto Rican town and scene.

We are everywhere, we are boxing, we keep the sport alive. Without Mexicans we wouldn't have boxing in the sense we do today. That might sound arrogant but it's true.

Hey cuauh, I think you need another thread for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                  Oscar is an american of mexican descent. Mexicans hate him because of the Chavez fight.

The original contention of this thread is not about mexican keeping boxing afloat.
                  WRONG.....there are Mexican that don't like Oscar but there are millions that do. Oscar has appeared many times in Mexico, in commercials and he is considered Mexican and he sees himself as Mexican and American.

We don't separate ourselves because of what side of the border of we are born on.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

I believe it TBH. In the US anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post

Im cuban. For example if gamboa fights on a floyd under card. I would buy it and root for gamboa. But if that fight sales 1 million I would be a ****ing idiot to say that was because the cubans bought it. When gamboa has never sold one ppv ever. If canelo has NEVER sold one ppv by himself, you will have to give me firm evidence that he contributed 400k to a mayweather ppv total.
                      Last edited by Jordank; 01-22-2013, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X