No announcement yet.

the myth mexicans...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
    Do people really believe Floyd needs a mexican to sell high ppv numbers? Mexicans are not the ones buying ALL the ppvs.
    Out of the top ten ppvs of all time, seven do not include mexicans at all (except ortiz and no one paid to see victor ortiz). One was manny vs marquez and we all know who every one paid to see. The other two were de la hoya who has a huge american following. And oscar did his best when he fought...... Floyd.
    Floyd is an attraction. Lets get past the nonsense and evolve out of trolling. Canelo isnt selling A ppv, he's free.
    Chavez is a huge mexican star and only sold 475k on Mexican independence day. And I bought it for sergio.
    Regardless loves to fights on Mexican holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Yes really, some do some don't but most of us don't see other Mexicans and think they aren't like us.
      Here in CA, I see separation among many between north and south. You don't have to buy into it but you can't deny it's there. And to a different extent I've seen Mexican nationals express individuality by state. It may not be what you were thinking but I see them as separating themselves in a sense.
      We might have cultural differences but we are the same blood.

Only dumbass little internet fanboys do that to stir things up. Look at Mikey Garcia's face, if you think he's not Mexican...then I don't know what to tell you..lol

Speaking of Garcia, I'm sure you've seen the current article where Salido criticizes Garcia saying "real Mexicans don't quit". In boxing and MMA I see it as a marketing tactic, but it persists because of the fans. I keep hearing over and over that Mikey "quit" because he's a "pocho".

Edit: the term "pocho" itself is evidence of separation by borders.
      Last edited by Doc Holliday; 01-22-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

just look at the record chavez jr vs martinez set as far as ppvs goes has to be higher than any ppv pac or floyd has ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by willybullet View Post
          Here in CA, I see separation among many between north and south. You don't have to buy into it but you can't deny it's there. And to a different extent I've seen Mexican nationals express individuality by state. It may not be what you were thinking but I see them as separating themselves in a sense. Speaking of Garcia, I'm sure you've seen the current article where Salido criticizes Garcia saying "real Mexicans don't quit". In boxing and MMA I see it as a marketing tactic, but it persists because of the fans. I keep hearing over and over that Mikey "quit" because he's a "pocho".

Edit: the term "pocho" itself is evidence of separation by borders.
          I'm from California, I have been called a Pocho many times. You don't get my point. Are there people who are that way? Sure, just like there are light skinned black people and dark skinned one's and they talk about each other.

At the end of the day though, Mexican blood is Mexican blood and I went to school with many people who were born in Mexico and who weren't and we were all Mexicans.

I don't make that separation because I'm not ignorant.

Comment

Canelo is the main opponent now as far as sales! Mayweathers promo banks on his record being undefeated and his "boxers talents"! The kid is undefeated and is considered a "puncher"! Thats the main draw throw in the Mexican piece of the pie and theres your sales! Not sure its a big one but its the biggest Floyd has right now without giving up to much weight!

Man did he mess up not fighting Manny? Who ever lost gets the rematch and they bank 90 million each with two bouts! Two "not so bright fellows"!

Personally I'd rather watch Broner, Donaire, GGG, Ward and a bunch of B rated guys that come to fight!! Tired of the "oldies" yaking the same garbage and watching their decline!!! Juan, Shane, Manny and yes Floyd too,
            go home and make some pop corn and watch the young lions fight! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              I'm from California, I have been called a Pocho many times. You don't get my point. Are there people who are that way? Sure, just like there are light skinned black people and dark skinned one's and they talk about each other.

At the end of the day though, Mexican blood is Mexican blood and I went to school with many people who were born in Mexico and who weren't and we were all Mexicans.

I don't make that separation because I'm not ignorant.
              i do see your point but unfortunately a lot people still don't see it that way. They may not think of themselves as different in terms of heritage or "blood", but there is still division, based on ignorance, like you said. The criticism of Garcia and the "real Mexican" arguments among fans show this, and I brought it up because it's currently happening on these boards.
              Last edited by Doc Holliday; 01-22-2013, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                Floyd v Guerrero will do 1 million with or without Canelo on the card.
                What's Guerrero ? Chinese !

Comment

Why are we arguing about Mikey Garcia??? He's a Mexican-American. But he's an American first and foremost. That's where he was born and raised, he is just of Mexican descent.

Comment

Floyd vs Pretty much any WW/JMW is 1M easy on ppvs.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Latino's buy like 60% of the PPV's.....but this myth that Canelo is the reason Floyd outsells Manny and sells so many PPV's is that.....a myth.

I mean go walk around and ask average people who Canelo is....some may know, a lot won't. Most anyone that's not eve into boxing knows who Mayweather is.
                      Mayweather with his run ins with the law are always plastered in every News network. Canelo is known all over Mexico and if he acted like an A$$ as does Mayweather and was posted in every Net work world wide than everyone would know who he is. Mayweather become known to many by way of Oscar Delahoya had Oscar retired when he should have after the Mayorga fight Mayweather would still be on HBO after Dark putting people to sleep with his boring A$$ fights

Comment

Working...
                      X