No announcement yet.

the myth mexicans...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
    Latinos are keeping this sport alive and I'll happily admit it. It's not just Mexicans, the entire latino community loves the sport of boxing and the best part is they are loyal. Without them this sport would be dead and I really believe that.
    I will def agree Latinos are loyal to there fighters that something I really respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      WRONG.....there are Mexican that don't like Oscar but there are millions that do. Oscar has appeared many times in Mexico, in commercials and he is considered Mexican and he sees himself as Mexican and American.

We don't separate ourselves because of what side of the border of we are born on.
      I don't care whether it's wrong or not but what matters is many mexicans, specially in the main land, hate him because of chavez. Got to hit the sack now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
        Im cuban. For example if gamboa fights on a floyd under card. I would buy it and root for gamboa. But if that fight sales 1 million I would be a ****ing idiot to say that was because the cubans bought it. When gamboa has never sold one ppv ever. If canelo has NEVER sold one ppv by himself, you will have to give me firm evidence that he contributed 400k to a mayweather ppv total.
        You are missing the bigger point. Floyd is a super star, there aren't many in the sport like him except Pac we could say.

If Gamboa would fight Floyd, yes you would get Cubans who would buy the PPV, but how many Cubans are there in the U.S?

Yet if Floyd was to fight Canelo, you would get much bigger numbers because of the Mexican fan base in the U.S.

He may not be what Floyd is but the 30 million or so Mexicans and Mexican/Americans in this country are not to be underestimated. Hell, the election was decided by Hispanics for christs sake.....

With all due respect, Cubans don't stack up anywhere near as to what Mexicans have done and are doing in the sport. Neither do Puerto Ricans or Filipinos and that's not a diss, it's just facts.

Where else can two Mexicans headline a card in Madison Square Garden on HBO? NY is a Puerto Rican town, yet Mikey Garcia and Orlando Salido sold that place out.

Come on man......

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
          I don't care whether it's wrong or not but what matters is many mexicans, specially in the main land, hate him because of chavez. Got to hit the sack now.
          Yes but only when you compare him to Chavez. Chavez is the Micheal Jordan of Mexico, so everyone would come up short.

Comment

WRONG.....there are Mexican that don't like Oscar but there are millions that do. Oscar has appeared many times in Mexico, in commercials and he is considered Mexican and he sees himself as Mexican and American.

We don't separate ourselves because of what side of the border of we are born on.
            Really? ...

Comment

It would be short sighted to sit here and say Mexicans don't help with Floyd PPV's success. But it's more idiotic to say Canelo is the reason people tune in for Floyd's PPV's when me and him and sold the same amount headlining PPV's. That is what irks if Canelo was the the big draw he wouldn't be going on his 3rd straight undercard on a PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by willybullet View Post
                Really? ...
                Yes really, some do some don't but most of us don't see other Mexicans and think they aren't like us. We might have cultural differences but we are the same blood.

Only dumbass little internet fanboys do that to stir things up. Look at Mikey Garcia's face, if you think he's not Mexican...then I don't know what to tell you..lol

Comment

Latino's buy like 60% of the PPV's.....but this myth that Canelo is the reason Floyd outsells Manny and sells so many PPV's is that.....a myth.

I mean go walk around and ask average people who Canelo is....some may know, a lot won't. Most anyone that's not eve into boxing knows who Mayweather is.

Comment

You are missing the bigger point. Floyd is a super star, there aren't many in the sport like him except Pac we could say.

If Gamboa would fight Floyd, yes you would get Cubans who would buy the PPV, but how many Cubans are there in the U.S?

Yet if Floyd was to fight Canelo, you would get much bigger numbers because of the Mexican fan base in the U.S.

He may not be what Floyd is but the 30 million or so Mexicans and Mexican/Americans in this country are not to be underestimated. Hell, the election was decided by Hispanics for christs sake.....

With all due respect, Cubans don't stack up anywhere near as to what Mexicans have done and are doing in the sport. Neither do Puerto Ricans or Filipinos and that's not a diss, it's just facts.

Where else can two Mexicans headline a card in Madison Square Garden on HBO? NY is a Puerto Rican town, yet Mikey Garcia and Orlando Salido sold that place out.

Come on man......

I eidted my post. First one came out wrong. I totally agree mexicans are a HUGE part of the sport. No doubt about it. But as far as ppv sales there is no solid evidence that shows mexicans are a determining factor on a ppvs. Does Chavez do great numbers on regular HBO? Yes, im sure his ratings were the best last year? But was his ppv a huge success? No. Not even on MID. And im sure his next fight wont be on ppv.

Comment

Only dumbass little internet fanboys do that to stir things up. Look at Mikey Garcia's face, if you think he's not Mexican...then I don't know what to tell you..lol

Kinda looks like a brother if you ask me...

Comment

Working...
                      X