Collapse
No announcement yet.

the myth mexicans...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather needs Mexicans or else he wouldn't use their holidays as much as he has. That's the way I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
      Do people really believe Floyd needs a mexican to sell high ppv numbers? Mexicans are not the ones buying ALL the ppvs.
      Out of the top ten ppvs of all time, seven do not include mexicans at all (except ortiz and no one paid to see victor ortiz). One was manny vs marquez and we all know who every one paid to see. The other two were de la hoya who has a huge american following. And oscar did his best when he fought...... Floyd.
      Floyd is an attraction. Lets get past the nonsense and evolve out of trolling. Canelo isnt selling A ppv, he's free.
      Chavez is a huge mexican star and only sold 475k on Mexican independence day. And I bought it for sergio.
      Than why does Golden Boy use them with Floyd ? I'm sure there's 400.000 Canelo fans who buy the PPV to watch him not Floyd. Why doesn't Floyd fight Bradley or some other brother with no Mexicans on the under cards on Martin Luther King day or that weekend of that Holiday and call it I had a dream as the The card and see if it sells. My bet if it did it would have been done already, but since it doesn't it's not tried. So got eat a Burrito brother man and get over the Mexicans

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Are you seriously comparing English fighters to Mexican fighters? You are using Canelo and Jr as your measuring stick?

What about the many Mexican and Mexican/America fighters that have come before them? England has had some great fighters but boxing is not in England what it is in Latin America and specifically Mexico.

Come on man, you can say what you want but the facts show different. I don't know where to go to find PPV numbers but DLH's numbers a lone blow almost everyone in the history of the sport out of the water, let's be real.
        Khan out sells Mexican fighters in ppvs. Khan is on ppv, mexican fighters are not. Tyson has the most ppv sales by far. No Mexican assistance. De la hoyas two biggest sales are against a PR and an american. If mexicans would sell so many ppvs why aren't they on ppvs. Because the promoters know they will not sell good. I know they would try to maximise all dollar profit.

Comment

Margaritos ppv headline agaisnt garcia 12k buys. Where were all the mexicans supporting their much loved warrior.

Comment

Khan out sells Mexican fighters in ppvs. Khan is on ppv, mexican fighters are not. Tyson has the most ppv sales by far. No Mexican assistance. De la hoyas two biggest sales are against a PR and an american. If mexicans would sell so many ppvs why aren't they on ppvs. Because the promoters know they will not sell good. I know they would try to maximise all dollar profit.
            Man. You sond like a 3 year old trying to get out of a maze. Why can't you just e man enough to admit that you are wrong. Don't deviate from your original contention with those khan and tyson BS. Dela Hoya holds the record.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
              Man. You sond like a 3 year old trying to get out of a maze. Why can't you just e man enough to admit that you are wrong. Don't deviate from your original contention with those khan and tyson BS. Dela Hoya holds the record.
              What record? I sound like a 3 year old because im giving facts and numbers to support them whil everyone else gives opinions and speculation.
              Last edited by Jordank; 01-22-2013, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Margaritos ppv headline agaisnt garcia 12k buys. Where were all the mexicans supporting their much loved warrior.
                Those people have nothing to do with the original assertion of this thread. Don't hijack your own thread, stick to the issue.

Comment

What record?
                  Oh I see. You don't know that he has accumulated 1 billion PPV hits.

Comment

Marquez vs Pac alone did more than anything Khan can dream of...lol

I'm sure you will come back and say that it was Pac and not Marquez right? My point originally is that it takes two great fighters to make those types of PPV numbers, Khan isn't on Marquez level of boxing, PPV numbers or anything else.

To compare them is to lose all credibility. Your not having an honest discussion, you are making foolish claims based on two fighters in Canelo and Jr and ignoring the COUNTLESS great Mexican fighters who have put up PPV numbers.

If you lined up all the British fighters PPV numbers and the Mexican PPV numbers in the history of the sport, it wouldn't be close man. Stop the nonsense.....

Mexicans aren't relevant? hahahaha that's like saying Europeans aren't relevant in soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                      Oh I see. You don't know that he has accumulated 1 billion PPV hits.
                      One billion? I dont believe that link please. And how is comparing a mexicans ppv sales not related to the subject. Mexicans buying PPV sales IS the subject!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X