No announcement yet.

the myth mexicans...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
    Yup. GBP will make sure to promote Guerrero as a Mexican warrior (Guerrero means Warrior in Spanish btw). Oh and the fight will be on Cinco de Mayo weekend.

But TS thinks Mexicans are not a big factor.
    Haha that's pure pwnage right there.

Off topic: Vida means life and Guerra means war so Vida Guerra means?

Comment

Look im not saying mexicans dont buy ppvs. What I am saying is they are not a HUGE facor.
      Yes oscar had a Mexican fan base, but it was because he was an american star that he sold big numbers. What help did tyson need?

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
        Listen PR fights are on ppv all the time. The english put ppv fights on all the time. Americans put ppvs on. They all sell. Name me one mexican. Headlined fight that sold ppvs. The most highly anticipated MW fight Martinez v Chavez only solf 450k ppvs ON mexican independence day. NUMBERS DONT LIE
        Look im not saying mexicans dont buy ppvs. What I am saying is they are not a HUGE facor.
        Yes oscar had a Mexican fan base, but it was because he was an american star that he sold big numbers. What help did tyson need?
        Your out of your mind is what I'm saying. I never said other nationalities don't sell but if you don't think for one second that Mexican fighters aren't a huge factor, you haven't been paying attention.

I don't know if you are trolling or what but if you are serious, then why do boxing matches take place on Mexican holidays? Why does Floyd come out with a sombrero?

Why does boxing pander and cater to Mexican fans and fighters so much? I can argue that it's been Mexico that has kept boxing relevant for so long. If you look at the biggest names in boxing, many of them have been Mexican.

We sell PPV's, we go to watch the fights and we are the best most knowledgeable fans in the sport. I'm not saying that to be arrogant, it's the truth.

With all due respect to Filipino fans, they didn't really start getting into boxing until Pac. It's been Latino fans and boxers who have carried the sport and specifically Mexicans.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Your out of your mind is what I'm saying. I never said other nationalities don't sell but if you don't think for one second that Mexican fighters aren't a huge factor, you haven't been paying attention.

I don't know if you are trolling or what but if you are serious, then why do boxing matches take place on Mexican holidays? Why does Floyd come out with a sombrero?

Why does boxing pander and cater to Mexican fans and fighters so much? I can argue that it's been Mexico that has kept boxing relevant for so long. If you look at the biggest names in boxing, many of them have been Mexican.

We sell PPV's, we go to watch the fights and we are the best most knowledgeable fans in the sport. I'm not saying that to be arrogant, it's the truth.

With all due respect to Filipino fans, they didn't really start getting into boxing until Pac. It's been Latino fans and boxers who have carried the sport and specifically Mexicans.

Give me numbers and statistics to support your claim, because your opinion s are ****. The English spend big money to watch khan fight anybody and travel across the ocean jk n hords. Chavez and Alvarez, mexicos two biggest stars are free.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

As a Filipino fan, I agree with you although we've been in boxing for almost a hundred years. It's just that geography has hindered the entry of our best talents to USA boxing scene and been only noticed again when pac came entered the scene.

Comment

Give me numbers and statistics to support your claim, because your opinion s are ****. The English spend big money to watch khan fight anybody. Chavez and Alvarez, mexicos two biggest stars are free.
              You own this thread, why don't you provide the stat?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                Haha that's pure pwnage right there.

Off topic: Vida means life and Guerra means war so Vida Guerra means?
                it means you'd risk your life in a war to get a piece of that ass of hers prof

Comment

Give me numbers and statistics to support your claim, because your opinion s are ****. The English spend big money to watch khan fight anybody and travel across the ocean jk n hords. Chavez and Alvarez, mexicos two biggest stars are free.
                  Are you seriously comparing English fighters to Mexican fighters? You are using Canelo and Jr as your measuring stick?

What about the many Mexican and Mexican/America fighters that have come before them? England has had some great fighters but boxing is not in England what it is in Latin America and specifically Mexico.

Come on man, you can say what you want but the facts show different. I don't know where to go to find PPV numbers but DLH's numbers a lone blow almost everyone in the history of the sport out of the water, let's be real.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                    it means you'd risk your life in a war to get a piece of that ass of hers prof

Ay yay yay!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
                      Let's see lil Floyd sell 1mill+ on Martin Luther King Day with no Canelo on the undercard.
                      lmfao..what???how many ppv's has Canelo headlined???

Comment

Working...
                      X