• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jlgonzalez07 View Post
    Who the f#ck is Gambi? That's the g@yest thing I've ever heard

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
      Gamboa wont make it out on his feet. Lets just say that.
      Your right bc Gamboa will be carried after winning and pounding on Garcia!!!

Comment

Garcia's the real deal, he's goona be around for a long time he's one of the best pure boxers around. Gamboa would get stopped

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
          is like when el cacique en el hood gets locked up, and some lil punk starts talking ish. But he knows he only doing that cuz el cacique is not around to put him on his place. We all know mickey never wanted that fight when there was a possibility to make it, el cabron said : pues como que en estos momentos no se puede guey (with a goofy mexican accent)
          If that weak filipino caught Gamboa and knocked him down then Mikey will have no prob with gamboas weak ass chin oyyyyyye gamboa no puede hacer na con mikey (stupid cuban accent)

Comment

Originally posted by mex602 View Post
            If that weak filipino caught Gamboa and knocked him down then Mikey will have no prob with gamboas weak ass chin oyyyyyye gamboa no puede hacer na con mikey (stupid cuban accent)
            lmao awesome

Comment

gamboa almost knocked out by concepcion...i cant imagine gamboa standing after garcia connects his left or right to gamboa's chin...

Comment

Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
                gamboa almost knocked out by concepcion...i cant imagine gamboa standing after garcia connects his left or right to gamboa's chin...
                That was Lopez, I assume you mean Farenas?

Comment

Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
                  Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                  That was Lopez, I assume you mean Farenas?
                  lol Yeah, that was Lopez.

Every time someone criticizes Gamboa as a fighter his chin comes into question. I'm pretty sure Yuri's been down five times in twenty two fights. Of those times, he only appeared somewhat affected once. In my opinion, Gamboa is just one of those guys that has a tendency to go down once in a while from a good shot. There have been other fighters like that, including Felix Trinidad and Juan Manuel Marquez. Both those guys have done okay. Until proven otherwise, there's no reason to believe Gamboa can't continue to display the same ability to go down but not out.

Salido was knocked down four times against Garcia and continued to fight on. Orlando is at least as prone to knockdowns as Yuri is, but no one seems to question his chin quite as much. If Gamboa and Mikey meet, there's a very good chance Yuri will take a seat at some point. Garcia would be the biggest puncher Gamboa has faced, but that doesn't automatically mean he'll put Yuri's lights out. If Salido could get back up four times, so can Gamboa. The difference is that Yuri is an exceptional fighter with blazing speed, impressive athleticism, excellent power and great skills. Let's not forget that Mikey would have his own set of difficult challenges to contend with.

Comment

Gamboa is a real good fighter. But his tendency to leave himself open and drop his hands is going to be the death of him.

If Mikey gets him to move down in weight, I'll take Mikey by KO. If Mikey moves up, I'll take him by decision. SMartest thing Mikey ever did was admit he wasn't ready for Gamboa a year or so agao.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      Gamboa is a real good fighter. But his tendency to leave himself open and drop his hands is going to be the death of him.

If Mikey gets him to move down in weight, I'll take Mikey by KO. If Mikey moves up, I'll take him by decision. SMartest thing Mikey ever did was admit he wasn't ready for Gamboa a year or so agao.
                      This is an often cited thing about Gamboa. Yuri is cocky, so he likes to showboat against lesser opposition. That's partly why he's been dropped a few times. Gamboa is also reckless, at times, due to his hyper-aggressive style. But Yuri is smart. He knows when he's in there against a dangerous banger. He utterly outclassed Ponce De Leon by staying outside and closing the distance only to score. In fact, Gamboa often only drops his hands when he's at a safe distance. The only times he's really open is when he's going in for an all-out assault.

As I've said before, I don't see Yuri coming down to meet Mikey. Garcia will have to move up. Even then, Gamboa seems to have his sights set on 135. Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                      X