No announcement yet.

The best posible fight at 160 is Kid Chocolate vs GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    He said a few months back he'd love to fight Golovkin, but Golovkin needs to be built up a little more, said he needs to fight on HBO again. And GGG just did that. So hopefully Peter & his manager see the best fight out there financially for them is GGG.

Otherwise it's a clear duck.
    Did he think he was too big a name for Golovkin when he turned down a title fight offer with him last summer?

Comment

He said a few months back he'd love to fight Golovkin, but Golovkin needs to be built up a little more, said he needs to fight on HBO again. And GGG just did that. So hopefully Peter & his manager see the best fight out there financially for them is GGG.

Otherwise it's a clear duck.
      I wonder if Haymon will go for it.

Comment

I think this would make a great match-up. Golovkin is very dangerous for Quillin, but Pete brings something to the table as well. FOTY potential. I voted that I have no idea who wins, but I have to lean towards GGG.

(By the way, Natas, that's one brutal lookin' sig you're rockin'. Jeez...)

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          Did he think he was too big a name for Golovkin when he turned down a title fight offer with him last summer?
          he said some shyt like Golovkin has only fought on HBO one time, whereas he (Peter) fought on Showtime/HBO a few times. So his logic was the fight needs to be built a little more. He said it would be a great fight for the fans.

So we'll have to see what he says after his fight with Guerrero. If he's using the same kind of excuse, then he's full of shyt.

Comment

he said some shyt like Golovkin has only fought on HBO one time, whereas he (Peter) fought on Showtime/HBO a few times. So his logic was the fight needs to be built a little more. He said it would be a great fight for the fans.

So we'll have to see what he says after his fight with Guerrero. If he's using the same kind of excuse, then he's full of shyt.
            IMO, if he wants to build it up more... there needs to be more interaction between the two as I think the offer for a fight has been the only thing.
            What more is there to build up?
            He fought twice on HBO and everybody is on his kool-aid.
            Peter is fighting again next month.... they're both free after that. Unless they're waiting for an event to be an undercard on, they should get it on

Comment

Solid win nonetheless. He knocked down N'dam like 5 times, something like that. He has some power. And I'm betting he has the power to hurt Golovkin.
              It was a solid name win but not a solid performance. Quillin was outboxed by a guy he floored 5 times, that is very alarming. He has great power but he isnt going to floor guys 5 times a fight

I'm going out on a limb here but I bet after the Guerrero fight, Golovkin vs Chocolate will be made. Martinez and Chavez aren't going to fight anyone else good, which means the biggest fight for both Golovkin and Peter are against eachother.
              I dont see it happening. I see HBO and GBP going into full protection mode until a "good opportunity" pops up

Comment

It's gonna be interesting what happens in the months leading up to Martinez/Murray. What moves are the top MW's gonna make, will they wait for Sergio's lead and see who he chooses to fight, or will they fight each other instead? Golovkin/Pirog/Quillin/Geale can all be matched up in one way or another, but do they actually want to fight each other? Will Pirog take a fight with Quillin if it's presented to him, will he travel? Will Geale fight Golovkin next instead of Sturm/Soliman?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  It was a solid name win but not a solid performance. Quillin was outboxed by a guy he floored 5 times, that is very alarming. He has great power but he isnt going to floor guys 5 times a fight
                  I look at it differently. I was impressed with Quillin's power and how he dropped a very good boxer 5 times. His power is part of his game, just like Golovkin's is.

And he wouldn't have to worry about being out-boxed against Golovkin. Golovkin would be coming to him all night long. As you know, it's all about styles.

I dont see it happening. I see HBO and GBP going into full protection mode until a "good opportunity" pops up
                  HBO was already interested in making GGG vs Quillin and after Peter beats Guerrero (hopefully) I'm sure they will be even more interested in making this fight. The money will be there. Martinez/Chavez aren't going to be available probably ever, so hopefully they see this as a good opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    It's gonna be interesting what happens in the months leading up to Martinez/Murray. What moves are the top MW's gonna make, will they wait for Sergio's lead and see who he chooses to fight, or will they fight each other instead? Golovkin/Pirog/Quillin/Geale can all be matched up in one way or another, but do they actually want to fight each other? Will Pirog take a fight with Quillin if it's presented to him, will he travel? Will Geale fight Golovkin next instead of Sturm/Soliman?
                    Geale will never fight a top guy again (besides possibly a Sturm rematch). He's fighting Anthony Mundine, then likely Soliman and Sturm. So cross his name off the list.

Pirog, hopefully he gets healthy. Have no clue what's going to happen with him.

Comment

Geale will never fight a top guy again (besides possibly a Sturm rematch). He's fighting Anthony Mundine, then likely Soliman and Sturm. So cross his name off the list.

Pirog, hopefully he gets healthy. Have no clue what's going to happen with him.
                      He's sitting pretty waiting for Martinez

Comment

Working...
                      X