No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin on Fighting Sergio Martinez, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Guerrero and Canelo have a lot of willingless to fight Mayweather does that mean they're gonna beat him?
    Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Does it matter if they lose to him? It is the fight game, someone has to lose. They don't have to have a 0 in their record to please the fans. As long as they come to fight, fight hard and make their fight fans proud. That is all that matters to me.

I like fighters who fight a lot. I like fighters who like to fight. I like fighters who try to take his opponents head off. If they just happen to step in the ring with someone better, they lose the fight. Then they get a chance to rebuild and fight on.
    Last edited by deanrw; 01-19-2013, 02:26 PM.

Comment

hopefully golovkin can get those big fights...

Comment

My favorite fighters list is all over the place for different reasons. It would be the strangest list you will ever see.

Manny Pacquiao (he comes to fight and beat you down)
        Floyd mayweather (pure brilliance)
        GGG (he wants to eat you alive)(also fights alot)
        David Lemieux (he also wants to eat you alive and also fights alot when not injured)
        Adrien Broner (He comes to punish you)(also fights alot)
        Matthesse (comes to punish you and then eat you alive)
        Donaire (wants to knock his opponents head off)
        Jean Pascal (never in a boring fight)
        Froch (never in a boring fight)

Plus many more
        Last edited by deanrw; 01-19-2013, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starz20 View Post
          Naw bruh Sergio is a MW 160 if that is the case he should face GGG who is in his weight division! Or if he loves catch weights move up 4 pounds and have Andre move down 4 pounds and face him or is that too much?? So if Ward is too big for Sergio?? Than how come Sergio isn't too big for Floyd?

Don't be a hypocrite when answering the question! And if you do say Ward is too big for Sergio... Than does that make Sergio a ***** for not wanting to fight Ward??

And how come he never mentioned facing him who is currently #2 on everybody lists as the top boxer. That's like Chad Dawson who is two divisions higher at 175 keep asking to fight Martinez at 168, would Martinez be a ***** for turning that fight down??

Can't NOBODY, I REPEAT, CAN'T NOBODY answer these questions honestly!! I am listening for the response bruh! And point in case if GGG does win tonight looking good, he should face Martinez!
          Plain and simple,

1)Sergio will come down to 154 (no catch weight) he has said that quite a few times.

2) Andre Ward will not even go down a pound let alone 160 (Plus, he said in an interview that he feels he is to big for Sergio)

3) Mayweather fought his last fight at 154 (exact weight where Sergio will meet him)

4) GGG is a very good fighter, but realistically a win against Rosado is not the path to a huge payday and a shot at a P4P elite. Let him work his way up, maybe even take out JCC Jr, before earning a Martinez fight

Lastly, If Martinez loves catch weight? Where did that come from, He wants to fight Mayweather at 154.
          Last edited by SwineFlu; 01-19-2013, 02:58 PM.

Comment

***IF*** Ward challenged Martinez at 160 then your point would be valid.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
              One thing guys Like Golovkin who like to call everyone out without really doing much have in common. They always lose before they get a chance.

Now I really like Golovkin, and I think he is a beast with good skill. He needs to beat some people and do it fast. He has 31 and his best win is Proksa. Proksa is underrated on here though and that was a great win.

What Golovkin needs to understand though is no one will fight a guy like him until they are backed into a corner and have to.

Edit: This is why I rarely post here anywhere after 4 years on this board. The discussion in just one page has turned into a Floyd discussion.
              That used to be true. The thing is, now he carries a belt and an HBO date. If you're a contender, you can't be asking for more.

Comment

It takes more than a big punch to beat Sergio Martinez. Big punchers usually get neutralized against fighters with a solid skill set. No one is beating Sergio Martinez at 160 unless the guy gets older in the ring over night. He's tough, strong, fast and can adjust to win. Have to see more of Golovkin in the ring against some legit competition.
                Last edited by GRUSTLER; 01-19-2013, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  Does it matter if they lose to him? It is the fight game, someone has to lose. They don't have to have a 0 in their record to please the fans. As long as they come to fight, fight hard and make their fight fans proud. That is all that matters to me.

I like fighters who fight a lot. I like fighters who like to fight. I like fighters who try to take his opponents head off. If they just happen to step in the ring with someone better, they lose the fight. Then they get a chance to rebuild and fight on.
                  Floyd's fans not used to this kind of experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    You're an idiot... Stop trying to defend Floyd and keep up with the world of boxing. Ward already he said he wont do catchweights with Martinez.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    I am an idiot but you didn't answer my question STUPID! How come Sergio didn't even ask for a catch weight? And Sergio is too big for Floyd, so like I said is Sergio a ***** for not trying to catch weight Ward? And if Ward is too big for Martinez, what is Chavez jr on fight night? 180 plus... that's more than Ward homie!!! Step your boxing knowledge.

You call Floyd scared if he doesn't fight Sergio, but when it comes to Sergio fighting Ward, "It's oh Ward is too big." But their one weight class apart. While Floyd fights at 147 that is 2 weight classes below him. I can tell you have zero boxing knowledge, or your just a straight hater so if you want me to take my foot off your neck, don't respond back.

Comment

Originally posted by SwineFlu View Post
                      Plain and simple,

1)Sergio will come down to 154 (no catch weight) he has said that quite a few times.

2) Andre Ward will not even go down a pound let alone 160 (Plus, he said in an interview that he feels he is to big for Sergio)

3) Mayweather fought his last fight at 154 (exact weight where Sergio will meet him)

4) GGG is a very good fighter, but realistically a win against Rosado is not the path to a huge payday and a shot at a P4P elite. Let him work his way up, maybe even take out JCC Jr, before earning a Martinez fight

Lastly, If Martinez loves catch weight? Where did that come from, He wants to fight Mayweather at 154.
                      154 is a catch weight because where has Sergio fought the last 3 years or so? He has been campaigning at 160 for at least 5 to 6 fights if I am not mistaken. Even if he were to fight Floyd at 154 and then lose, the first thing people would say is "He had to drain Martinez to beat him." Martinez is almost 38 so him losing extra pounds to make fights will actually effect him.

People keep saying Sergio is a small MW, well what did Floyd come in to the weigh in when he fought, Cotto, and De La Hoya? 150, and 151 never made weight.

Now ask yourself this, if GGG, and Kid Chocolate were both in the WW division, and Floyd was like I want to fight Brandon Rios, or Broner somebody who is basically two weight divisions under him, but are undefeated and have great careers ahead of them, how many people would say Floyd is picking on the little guys?

And we would here, Floyd is scared of Kid Chocolate, and GGG! There is a reason, Chavez jr, GGG, Matthew Macklin, Kid Chocolate, Andy Lee, never called out Floyd. It is not because they don't want to fight him, or think they can beat him, they would def love the pay day.

They know their too big plain and simple, so like I always say until Sergio calls out Ward he is a ***** to me, because they are closer to weight than him and Floyd I rest my case.

Comment

Working...
                      X