Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux; FACTS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have any doubt rigo will beat donaire if the fight happens...I've known about this guy for years cos he lived about an hour drive Away with a few other Cuban defectors like Luis Garcia so the hype about his talent is fairly justified IMO.....if nonito beats him il be the first on to admit I got it completely wrong

Comment

Absolute beast mode

Comment

Rigondeaux is a terrefic boxer and has some amazing skills but arguably the most overrated boxer on here. He has only fought one solid Jr FW and thats Ricardo Cordoba. Everyone else on his resume are bonafide cab drivers. I mean those guys are good in comparison to the amount of fights that he has but If you were to compare his record to a guy like Donaire or Mares then his record is garbage.

Does he have the talent, skills and God gifted ability? Absolutely! Sure he has 400+ amateur fights and has notable names on his on his amateur record but Ams and Pros are completely different. No headgear + smaller gloves, longer rounds and a more methodical pace makes a COMPLETE difference. I respect the guy for what he did in the Ams but it means nothing in the Pros at this point.

Donaire is NOTHING like the 11 guys Rigo has fought. Donaire will have the height, reach and arguably the weight advantage. Spead... I would say is equal. KO power? I would give give that to Donaire although Rigo has some pop himself but then again if Donaire fought all the guys on Rigo's resume, he would drop/KO them as well.

The thing about Rigo is his punch output is too low. Everytime he gets cracked with a good shot he goes all defensive and is punch output is even lower then it already is. Donaire can bang and look for the KO which he has been doing in some of his fights (Narvaez, WV2, Mathebula) or he can box and let the KO come like he did with Nishioka. Donaire is the more dynamic and multi faceted fighter. Rigo only has one style he can use and for the most part it can be entertaining and extremely boring depending on who he fights. And for the most part... Its boring.

I think Rigo poses the biggest threat to Nonito style wise but I just dont see Rigo beating Donaire if he decides to box and not look for the KO like he did with Narvaes, WV2 and Mathebula. Donaire matches Rigo in speed, has more KO power, has a higher punch output, has the height and reach advantage and can box if he wants. I see the fight looking a lot like Donaire v Narvaez in a boring fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          * 7 time Cuban national champion

* Two time world amateur champion

* Two time olympic gold medalist

* Has never been knocked down in sparring

* In 392 recorded amateur fights, he was never knocked down!

* Only fighter in history to win 100 fights consecutively, twice!

* WBA world champion in only his 7th pro fight.

* 11-0 as a pro, 8 K.Os 72.73% K.O ratio

* Has stopped or dropped every opponent he has faced as a pro

* No fighter he has ever faced has been able to land above 16% of their shots inc jabs (Only 2 have got over 10% Marroquinn & Corboda)

* In 54/58 rounds boxed as a professional his opposition have only been able to land 7 or less punches per round. (Marroquinn landed less than 5 punches in 7 of the 12 rounds & the most he landed was 10. Ramos landed 15/114 over a 6 round period - 13%, Corboda managed 78/506 - 15%)

-holy hell thats a boat load of fights

Comment

Originally posted by ManOfVictory
            Que VIVA CUBA!!!!!!!!!!
            Que VIVA CASTRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            WTF... I demand that this guy gets banned!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              And Broner.

He beat Broner? Man don't let NSB see that, they have it in their minds that Broner was the most complete fighter in history since the age of 6.

Comment

Can somebody answer me this; Seeing as you all keep saying Rigondeaux is overrated and the most overrated on this entire site (though I think Golovkin wins that hands down) how come nearly everyone is picking Donaire?

Lets be honest; Golovkin wasn't half the amateur Rigondeaux was, he hasn't done as much in twice the amount of pro fights Rigo has but you're all on his nuts based on amateur credentials and mythical power. Hypocrites!

Golovkin is even more unproven than Rigo is!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

And Broner.

He beat Broner? Man don't let NSB see that, they have it in their minds that Broner was the most complete fighter in history since the age of 6.
                  Rewatch his fight with Rigo. I thought they mentioned there...? With US commentating tho. Not BoxNation or anything like that. Could be wrong, maybe I'm mistaking it for Russell Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Rewatch his fight with Rigo. I thought they mentioned there...? With US commentating tho. Not BoxNation or anything like that. Could be wrong, maybe I'm mistaking it for Russell Jr.

He did, you are right!
                    Beat Gary Russell Jr & Adrien Broner twice!

The problem has been solved thanks to Robert Marroquinn

Comment

Says he finished 165-15. He fought Russell Jr 4 times and lost 3. I can't find anything on Broner. Sorry I guess I was mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                      X