No announcement yet.

All aboard; The Rosado Express!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    some of you guys really can't pick fights, can you.

think about how the fight, and picture what the fight would look like if they fought each other.

will rosado box?
    no. he's going to fight, and he's going up against a much bigger puncher with a much better chin.

there's a gap in class between these two. golovkin via knockout in five rounds.
    What body of work has GGG shown that truly separates these two for you to make that assertion that there is this gap in class? 6 pounds and Proska?

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post

this guy...the one who was handled by a Jr MW who hits like a Jr WW at MW, who even in his prime was just an average dude.

Rosado by one sided beating

ouma wasn't an awful fighter at his best. he was a lot fresher when he fought rosado, and that fight was much closer, for whatever that's worth.

did you actually watch that fight?

ouma ended up in the hospital for several days.

Comment

ouma wasn't an awful fighter at his best. he was a lot fresher when he fought rosado, and that fight was much closer, for whatever that's worth.

Ouma absorbed major punishment

Comment

some of you guys really can't pick fights, can you.

think about how the fighters, and picture what the fight would look like if they fought each other.

will rosado box?
          no. he's going to fight, and he's going up against a much bigger puncher
          with a much better chin.

there's a gap in class between these two. golovkin via knockout in five rounds.
          That's what I said in an earlier post. It may come down to simply that: a firefight...and the man with the bigger guns will prevail.

Comment

Yeah I watched it...Ouma was fighting pretty good and I thought winning up until the 8th when he tired out. Then GGG tee'd off and ended it in like the 10th.

And I didn't say he was awful. Average doesn't equal awful. In the end, he's a light hitting, decent boxer who was laying leather on GGG. If someone who's about as good as a boxer and a stronger puncher can put hands on someone who doesn't know how to spell defense, then I don't see how there is much separating the two other than power

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
              What body of work has GGG shown that truly separates these two for you to make that assertion that there is this gap in class? 6 pounds and Proska?

while he's not an incredibly experienced professional with a very deep resume, he was a terrific amateur, with a gold at the world championships, and a silver in the olympics. victories over korobov, despaigne (2x,) lee, dirrell, and a knockout of bute. he was never down.

he's also an extremely hard hitting middleweight with a very good chin and decent technical abilities. everybody he's ever sparred with says he has power. he hasn't gone the distance in almost five years. and finally, i've been watching boxing for a long time, and frankly, i know what power looks like when i see it. he's got heavy hands.

rosado is not a fleet fighter. he's a banger. his strengths are his physical size at jr MW, and his toughness. he's going up against a bigger puncher with a better chin. he's going to get stopped.

Comment

while he's not an incredibly experienced professional with a very deep resume, he was a terrific amateur, with a gold at the world championships, and a silver in the olympics. victories over korobov, despaigne (2x,) lee, dirrell, and a knockout of bute. he was never down.

he's also an extremely hard hitting middleweight with a very good chin and decent technical abilities. everybody he's ever sparred with says he has power. he hasn't gone the distance in almost five years. and finally, i've been watching boxing for a long time, and frankly, i know what power looks like when i see it. he's got heavy hands.

rosado is not a fleet fighter. he's a banger. his strengths are his physical size at jr MW, and his toughness. he's going up against a bigger puncher with a better chin. he's going to get stopped.
                I guess we will see come Sunday morning. I just see nothing in his game outside of power that makes this a washout. Perhaps his power is the complete equalizer that overcomes his other glaring issues like poor defense and even stamina. I've watched boxing long enough to not be excited after one or two showcase fights.

If he beats Rosado, he'll get credit for beating the best person on his resume.

Comment

Hell Yea!!! I've been on board since the fight was made.

Triple g's Resume is WEAK!!! Rosado's been fighting like a mad man lately.

All hail the King........Gabriel "fuk catchweight's" Rosado.

Comment

All I know is, there have been bigger mismatches and there have been bigger upsets. I really disliked the match-up at first cuz nobody wants to see two of their favorites go at it, but I've come around in the past few weeks and am pumped for this one. If Rosado loses, that's fine. He took the biggest risk available, got some exposure on HBO and a decent pay-day. He has a back-up plan and has the resiliency to bounce back. Part of me wants Rosado to win because he's the under-dog, but this is the worse time for GGG to catch an L. Somebody gotta lose.

Comment

I remember Gennady saying how he can box to decision but he doesn't like to do that as it isn't interesting.

Sanchez also said how Gennady doesn't respect power and he just want to trade unless he puts him with cruiseweights.

Comment

Working...
                      X