No announcement yet.

Pacquiao Highlights from IV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    mission accomplished, Fetta...now we're talking about YOU...in a boxing thread that you came in to brag about how correct you were

make a friend in real life...if you can't, buy a dog...seeking this kind of attention online is pretty sad
    well then thank you cause you started talking about me on here. I came onto a public forum to state anopinion but you wanted more so i gave it. Now ill go to a Broner thread since "we" sound a different way. So go on

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs

interesting gif...so marquez in his prime landed that same over hand right but couldn't knock down pac..yet at 39 yrs old he's able to land the same punch on pac but this time was packing enough power to knock hm down effortlessly with it....and at 39 years old. heredia supplying the good ****....
      marquez just commited to that punch this time, the first time he landed it was just to tag him really but this time he put everything behind it.

Comment

looks about the same...even the way pac was moving back. only difference was marquez was packing more power at 39 years old...just look at how ripped and huge his upper body is.
        Look how far back manny way leaning in the 4th fight compared to the first fight. HE was way off balance and no way was he gonna be able to stand up to that punch.

Comment

http://i.minus.com/ibfPQTDUerpIDa.gif

Here ya go.... A side by side comparison!!

For me the punch from the 1st fight seems heavier and more loaded because it landed right on pacquiao's face. Where as the punch in the 4th fight, it looked like a 'glancing' blow on the side of pac's forehead..
          Last edited by Nekeneg; 01-16-2013, 03:38 PM.

Comment

pretty much the exact same punch..except one marquez is in their prime and much younger and the other one isn't...
            Very, very similar punch.. I can't really see any significant difference tbh. Even how Marquez set it up and how pac reacted. The only difference is the color of their trunks really.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekeneg View Post
              Very, very similar punch.. I can't really see any significant difference tbh. Even how Marquez set it up and how pac reacted. The only difference is the color of their trunks really.
              ...and of course, the power in those punches.

Comment

I just see marquez punch through in the 4th fight. yeah marquez is stronger to say no he isnt will be dumb but I doubt that has much to do with it, 1st fight pacquaio throws with defense more on his mind, so he doesnt fully commit. the punch threw in the first fight looks to be more of a combo attemp then a truly commited one punch, the 4th fight one he just throws that punch with the intent of ending it.
                Last edited by ElBossHogg™; 01-16-2013, 03:53 PM.

Comment

pretty much the exact same punch..except one marquez is in their prime and much younger and the other one isn't...

i can understand fighters being able to somewhat maintain their punching power as they get older (i.e. duran and foreman), but to become much stronger than you were in your prime at 39 yrs old?
                  You do realize that fight was fought at a lower weight right? He weighed 125 back then. You do know that Marquez worked strength for an entire year right? Dedicate a year to transforming your body and you'll see the same results. This man epitomizes hard work. He knew he couldn't beat PAC by outboxing him because the judges would rob him again. He was working hard for the knockout, he knew he always lands that right flush once or twice a fight. He's just a smarter fighter. I remember hearing Beristain on 24/7 telling Marquez to use his right more also.

Comment

people should take note, malignaggi for instance, just lift some weights and train really hard and you too can be the next julian jackson

Comment

looks almost exactly the same to me...intent looks the same, stances look the same..only difference is that 39 yr old marquez had much more power. but you can believe what you want to believe..

this side by side comparison is pretty interesting though...

anyone who argues that KD punch is anything but PEDs power is either a Marquez fan or an idiot, or both. That Is a FACT.

Comment

Working...
                      X