Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wlad's "weak" chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once u get ko by someone, everyone starts saying stuff like your chin super weak. This is boxing man, sometimes u get hit flush and go down. It happens. Especially in the HW division.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
      It was never determined and investigation was stopped. But every member of Klitschko team was put on lie detector. Even his co-trainer Szdunek. Wlad's lawyer lead the investigation after the fight.

Szdunek said in after fight interview there was something wrong with Wlad in dressing room. He can't warm up at all. He already looked exhausted when he entered the ring.

I can go in more details but it's unnecessary. It was obvious something was wrong.
      I doubt very much he was poisoned. From the way he looked from that fight, he was labored early and something was wrong. It looked like he was suffering from a potassium deficiency to me. It is what it is though, it is senseless for me to even speculate about it at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        I doubt very much he was poisoned. From the way he looked from that fight, he was labored early and something was wrong. It looked like he was suffering from a potassium deficiency to me. It is what it is though, it is senseless for me to even speculate about it at this point.
        I don't think he was poisoned either. But something was very wrong. We'll probably never know as investigation was stopped long time ago.
        I would say it's not that important. Whoever watched the fight know you can't take much from that fight.

Comment

Wlad was 22. This happened in 1st round.

It took 3 sec for wlad to be up. You know what happened in the next round? See it for yourself.

From 6:05

thanks for posting this. i've never seen it. i always get a kick out of seeing young wladimir. he looks like a different fighter in there.

he used to let his left hook go so much more often. he'll throw a pawing shot in there once or twice htese days, but his real power off of the jab with the left hook is a true weapon, and he literally doesn't throw it unless his guy is hurt

Comment

In my opinion, for a Hwt boxer, Wlads chin is weak. To his credit, I believe that after the Brewster KO Manny changed his style. The Wlad of today is much more defensive and his hands are alway up and he is almost never bent forward at the waist. This style also maximizes his greatest asset (size). So Emanuel Stewart changed his style to minimize his greatest weakness (chin) and maximize his greatest asset (size) and what you have is a almost unbeatable, some what boring, but very effective style

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              thanks for posting this. i've never seen it. i always get a kick out of seeing young wladimir. he looks like a different fighter in there.

he used to let his left hook go so much more often. he'll throw a pawing shot in there once or twice htese days, but his real power off of the jab with the left hook is a true weapon, and he literally doesn't throw it unless his guy is hurt
              Well I think not many people are watching Wlad's fights at all. It surely is affected by HBO doesn't broadcast it. People watched Wlad's 'big fights'. Haye is the recent example and they make the opinion just on that one fight.

I would also like Wlad let his hands go more but I think people are exaggerating when they speak about his style. I don't find him boring at all. He picks his punches. And he is not using just jab and straight. He is using his hook rather often.

He was very entertaining in his last fight. Thomson fight wasn't bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
                In my opinion, for a Hwt boxer, Wlads chin is weak. To his credit, I believe that after the Brewster KO Manny changed his style. The Wlad of today is much more defensive and his hands are alway up and he is almost never bent forward at the waist. This style also maximizes his greatest asset (size). So Emanuel Stewart changed his style to minimize his greatest weakness (chin) and maximize his greatest asset (size) and what you have is a almost unbeatable, some what boring, but very effective style
                I don't think it is only due to much improved defense.
                He took big shots from Thomson, Chagaev, Haye, Wach and he reacted very well IMO.

You can't be this dominant with the weak chin. It's not great, but it's not weak either.

Comment

I don't blame Corrie for anything at all. He tried to do something that noone has done before. He tried to beat both brothers. If he managed to do that he would be likely considered as ATG or at least HOF (I can still see him at the edge of HOF).
                  you see Corrie Sanders as being on the edge of HOF?? Give me strength. He did half well versus the Klits becuase they are champions insubstantial enough to get wasted by ready to retire old fatties.

Should I remind you whom did other ATG fighters fought for they championships fight?
                  none of them got poleaxed by a next to retirement fatty golfer, mate. So yep, supply me a blank side of A4 in the post, that would be a great to put in my printer.
                  Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-10-2013, 11:02 AM.

Comment

No not at all.
                    Hyperglycaemia can't be seen as excess of effective energy. Wlad was almost in coma after the fight. He was totally powerless.
                    So you think his trainers and team didnt pick up on an illness that made him almost sleepwalk to the ringside?

Again Wlad wasn't destroyed at all. Brewster receives a complete beating. He was knocked down for the first time in his entire career. HBO called it "monstrous beating".
                    true it was win, I still had Corrie in my head when I was typing. Like I said, you'd expect him to beat Brewster comfortably, or else he shouldnt be fighting for titles.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                      you see Corrie Sanders as being on the edge of HOF?? Give me strength. He did half well versus the Klits becuase they are champions insubstantial enough to get wasted by ready to retire old fatties.

none of them got poleaxed by a next to retirement fatty golfer, mate. So yep, supply me a blank side of A4 in the post, that would be a great read.
                      If Corrie beat Vitali he surely would be HOF. Beating ATG give him at least some argument for being at edge of HOF.

Again 'being amateur golfer' what does it have with anything?! I was asking you with whom did they fight for their championship fights as you call Wlad for fighting Sanders in early stage of his career (please read it correctly).

If you ask how many champions was beaten by lesser fighters "aka bums" I'll tell you many. Some of them are Ali, Mercer, Foreman, Patterson, Liston, Dempsey, Witherspoon, Schmeling, Joe Walcott, Jack Johnson, Ezzard Charles among the others... I can go on with names if you like me to!

Comment

Working...
                      X