Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wlad's "weak" chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His chin is not as weak as people make it out to be, but its still on the weak side.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      It was exciting and fun, what was there not to like except he got knocked out? If his chin were better I have no doubt he'd be mauling people and the star HBO wanted him to be. That said, he's a fine if not exciting heavyweight champion.
      It can't be denied there was something wrong with Wlad in that fight. Brewster was getting massive beating for the first couple rounds. He got knocked down for the first time in his career.

But Wlad was loosing energy from the first round. I remember HBO commentators saying Wlad looked exhausted by the end of 2nd round! He was barely touched by Brewster in the first few round and he still was draining bad.

Now we all know Wlad - he comes prepared. This was something else.
      He was so powerless that AFTER THE BELL OF 5th ROUND he stumbles over the foot of the referee, barely gets up. Then referee decided to stop the fight.
      I don't recall I ever saw something like that.

This was what Manny said :

"Wladimir was in perfect shape for the bout. In all of my years as a trainer, I have never seen anything like this. I know when a fighter is hurt from an opponent’s punches. In this case, there was something else causing Wladimir’s problems."

I completely agree with Manny and I think Wlad would go down anyway, without Brewster touching him.

Moreover he was transferred to the hospital right after the fight and was diagnosed with Hyperglycemia (severe high level of sugar in blood).

You can't really say much from this fight. Actually in state where he was completely drained he took some clean big punches and remain on his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        How many times Friezer was knock down ? I'll help you - more than 11!
        How many times Joe Luis Was knock down? I'll help you - 12!

You don't hear people talking about those chins all the time!

And they were put down by lesser punchers - much much lighter. I can go into details but I don't want to as someone will misunderstand this as I am taking something away from two great ATG fighters.

Regarding Sanders - please get your facts right!

Sanders decided to NOT rematch Wladimir (not other way around). He dropped his WBO belt so the WBO cannot order him to rematch Wlad.
        Instead Sanders fought Vitali and retired after 1 more fight.
        Why do you blame Corrie for Wladimir picking an old, past it opponent who was on the point of retirement? Surely the onus is on a champion to pick a decent prime opponent, one who isnt going to retire? Wladimir didnt even ask for a rematch clause, it appears? Its not Corrie who chose to fight someone about to retire.

The fact he was amateur golfer in his younger days completely irrelevant.
        I'd agree that his younger days are entirely irrelevant. Its the golfing in his retirement that I am referring to, completely relevant.

Now should I give you the figures how many ATG fighters had unavenged losses if that's the figure of merit.
        no need to, ATGs dont lose to old, verge of retirement fighters - but Wlad did. By your definition, Wlads not an ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          Moreover he was transferred to the hospital right after the fight and was diagnosed with Hyperglycemia (severe high level of sugar in blood).
          I thought hyperglycaemia was an excess of sugar and thus energy supply, not lack of energy. It would make you hyperactive, not tired as you claim?

You can't really say much from this fight.
          Agreed,n everything else is conjecture - all you can accurately say is that Klit got completely destroyed out by an ok boxer.
          Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-10-2013, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Wait, Wladimir was poisoned before the Lamon Brewster fight?

Comment

he's quite vulnerable to a good shot. but nobody's perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                Why do you blame Corrie for Wladimir picking an old, past it opponent who was on the point of retirement? Surely the onus is on a champion to pick a decent prime opponent, one who isnt going to retire? Wladimir didnt even ask for a rematch clause, it appears? Its not Corrie who chose to fight someone about to retire.

I'd agree that his younger days are entirely irrelevant. Its the golfing in his retirement that I am referring to, completely relevant.

no need to, ATGs dont lose to old, verge of retirement fighters - but Wlad did. By your definition, Wlads not an ATG.
                I don't blame Corrie for anything at all. He tried to do something that noone has done before. He tried to beat both brothers. If he managed to do that he would be likely considered as ATG or at least HOF (I can still see him at the edge of HOF).

Corrie was 36 by the time they fought. He still could ****. He had a record of 38-2 entering the fight with 72% KO ratio. He was very good at the time they fought. He proved that in Vitali's fight as well regardless he lost.
                Moreover he is southpole.

Should I remind you whom did other ATG fighters fought for they championships fight? I'll just give you some figures and if you insist I'll give full details with names.

41-18, 23-13, 18-11, 26-17... all of this for championship fights. And these guys are considered as the top5 ATG by many.

So why would I blame young Wlad for taking fight against very worthy opponent?

By every possible definition Wlad is ATG and damn good one!

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                  I thought hyperglycaemia was an excess of sugar and thus energy supply, not lack of energy. It would make you hyperactive, not tired as you claim?

Agreed,n everything else is conjecture - all you can accurately say is that Klit got completely destroyed out by an ok boxer.
                  No not at all.
                  Hyperglycaemia can't be seen as excess of effective energy. Wlad was almost in coma after the fight. He was totally powerless.

Again Wlad wasn't destroyed at all. Brewster receives a complete beating. He was knocked down for the first time in his entire career. HBO called it "monstrous beating".

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                    Wait, Wladimir was poisoned before the Lamon Brewster fight?
                    It was never determined and investigation was stopped. But every member of Klitschko team was put on lie detector. Even his co-trainer Szdunek. Wlad's lawyer lead the investigation after the fight.

Szdunek said in after fight interview there was something wrong with Wlad in dressing room. He can't warm up at all. He already looked exhausted when he entered the ring.

I can go in more details but it's unnecessary. It was obvious something was wrong.

Comment

Wlad used to fight with his chin hanging out when he was younger. On top of that he had some defensive flaws as he liked to mix it up.

I do not think his chin is bad. His chin is not great obviously, but very few heavyweights can take a flush shot well by another heavy who is considered a hard puncher.

The Oliver McCall's of the world are so rare that they would best be described as freaks of nature.

Comment

Working...
                      X