Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto, Castillo, Corrales: Who has the better resume/wins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by happyman View Post
    must have a lot of delusional friends imo

mosley was closer but there's no way to make a case for Clottey. Clottey beat him
    Majority of people, as Cotto winning seemed to be the previaling opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310
      Castillo's wins over Casamayor ,Stevie Johnston and Corrales > every single win Cotto's ever had possibly combined.

Cotto lost every major fight he ever had Margarito, Pacquiao, Mayweather, Trout. With dispusted wins some say he lost like Clottey and Mosley

but wait, he did get wins over old shot Mayorga, 1 leggend Foreman, Torres, Malignaggi and he got a vacant title against Jennings. ATG stuff right there.

I like Cotto but when are people going to realize he's glorified gatekeeper?
      you sound like an idiot.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        Maybe people in New York and San Juan but not anywhere else. I just rewatched Mosely VS Cotto again and I clearly saw Mosely win! I have to rewatch Cotto VS Clottey but you got to admit that those two fights were pretty damn close, oh not to mention that Mosely was past his prime..
        IMO Castillo has the most impressive resume followed by Cotto and then Corrales.

Comment

Let me break down Cottos resume for you...

wins over...

Shane Mosley- Cotto beat Mosley in a close but decisive fight... 116-112 on my card... 116-112 associated press... cotto beat mosley 3&4 years before floyd and manny did...

Zab Judah- Former champ at 140 and 147....dominated

Margarito I & II - in the first fight, **** the scorecards Cotto should have been well ahead at the time of the of the stoppage... and lets be real, Margarito cheated... the pictures as well as the comments from mosley wraps investigators prove it... 2nd fight was total domination... cotto didnt lose a round against a fighter who holds wins over Clottey, Sergio Martinez, he made kermit cintron a shot fighter... and lets be real Floyd (love him, but the truth is the truth) turned down 8 million for the fight.

Carlos Quintana- undefeated at the time... had just taken Joel Julios 0... and would later go on to outbox paul williams and take his 0... they did a poll in PR asking trainers who they thought would win this fight...only 1 picked Cotto.

Paul Malignaggi- Featherfisted? YES... but power is not the only tool used to win a fight... Paulie is one hell of a boxer and Cotto took his 0... paulie would go on to win championships and take on other big names...

Joshua Clottey - exceptional skills... former champion... Cotto beat him with one eye... everyone that matters in the boxing media had Cotto winning that fight... associated press, dan rafael, the rest of espn, harold lederman and the list goes on... Cotto won with blood guts and glory.

Miguel Cotto has faced 18 former or current world champions... and has defeated almost all of them...

i think castillo and corrales are exceptional fighters... castillo is one of the best lightweights ive ever seen...but their records dont hold up next to Cottos...

with a lot of great fighters ...you pull them up on boxrec and look at their early careers and you see them fighting guys with 20, 30, 40 losses, and a bunch of other guys with records like 4-3-1 for example... not really on cottos record... they tested him from day 1... if you just started watching boxing, looking at a record or reading someone elses opion will not tell you how great a fighter is or was... you had to be there in the moment... and miguel cottos moments were EPIC & always exciting... first ballot hall of famer...

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24
            Quote:

Originally Posted by El Angel

Maybe people in New York and San Juan but not anywhere else. I just rewatched Mosely VS Cotto again and I clearly saw Mosely win! I have to rewatch Cotto VS Clottey but you got to admit that those two fights were pretty damn close, oh not to mention that Mosely was past his prime..
            IMO Castillo has the most impressive resume followed by Cotto and then Corrales.
            cotto beat mosley 3&4 years before floyd and manny... and very few people scored that fight for mosley... mosley didnt win that fight... even mosley knew he didnt win

Comment

Castillo
              Cotto
              Corrales

Corrales did win the best fight of all time tho

Castillo had an Aura of invincibility at some point before he ran into Corrales, I never got that from Cotto. Cotto's trademark has always been his vulnerability.

Also, Cotto vs Mosley is not exactly prime Mosley is it...
              Last edited by Konstantin; 01-09-2013, 02:09 PM.

Comment

All three guys fought great fights and their is an epic one between Corrales and Castillo.

Robert Garcia is not a good win, he did nothing but have a title and an undefeated record.

Arguments of Cotto/Mosley/Clottey should also be in company of Castillo/Mayweather/Casamayor/Johnston I & II, Corrales/Casmayor III, all close fights that could had gone either way.

Comment

Castillo over Stevie imo.

I thought casa beat both guys. Corrales has the weakest resume of the three imo. Corrales went 1-2 vs casa.

Second best win is Cotto over Shane.

Comment

Castillo by a small margin. Wouldn't be up for debate if he got the W v Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      Castillo's wins over Casamayor ,Stevie Johnston and Corrales > every single win Cotto's ever had possibly combined.

Cotto lost every major fight he ever had Margarito, Pacquiao, Mayweather, Trout. With dispusted wins some say he lost like Clottey and Mosley

but wait, he did get wins over old shot Mayorga, 1 leggend Foreman, Torres, Malignaggi and he got a vacant title against Jennings. ATG stuff right there.

I like Cotto but when are people going to realize he's glorified gatekeeper?
                      God i hate when people say Cotto lost to Mosley. People didnt even score the fight and just go off of hear say, its pathetic. Miguel deserves full credit for that win.

Comment

Working...
                      X